Nizoral AD Shampoo

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
 Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.7

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

The best stuff I have used for dandruff - period.
Makes me get rid of itchy scalp within one use and believe me, I have had very bad dandruff before.
It's a bit drying but I recommend using a conditioner for dry/damaged hair along with Nizoral.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hey guys, my review for this product is based on skincare. I have acne-prone skin that is quite oily. When I do breakout, it's quite cystic, but because of my skin tone; it isn't very visible. I also have a lot of flesh coloured bumps on my forehead, done some research and found out it is pityrosporum folliculitis. Something to do with fungas and whatnot.

After seeing many people on Acne.org suggest Nizoral, I decided to buy it. I bought it on Amazon for £6. It arrived the same day, I thought the packaging looked quite cheap and the bottle was smaller than I expected so I hoped it would work.
I squeezed a pea size amount into my palm and wet my hands, lathering it up. I then decided to put it on my whole face as I had a few spots on my chin and cheeks I wanted to reduce . I left the product on for 10 minutes and then rinsed it off. My face felt smooth but was quite dry/ tight; so I moisturised using some aqueous cream. In the morning I repeated the process and throughout the day I checked to see if it might've worked, and it had! The bumps on my forehead where significantly reduced and some weren't even there anymore. I decided to do the whole process again in he evening before bed. And after rinsing it off, I can say that the product has worked wonders! My skin is smooth and my main problem area (forehead) has had a dramatic improvement. I have only used this product 3 times. So I can't be sure if it is working to its full extent, but I will post an update after one weeks use.

UPDATE:
I have used this product for 5 days and the first mistake I made was to use it in the morning AND the evening on my whole face. I didn't realise how drying it was going to be. It left my skin feeling quite tight but after using aqueous cream, it was okay. But on the 5th day of me doing this routine, I realised how dry my face had gotten. It sort of feels scaly in a sense, but it doesn't look it. Other than this negative; the product did significantly reduce the bumps all on my forehead, it is now smooth and flat (no bumps) which I am ecstatic about. It did also reduce any other spots I had aswell. Since my problem areas have been helped, I now have to focus on getting all of this dry skin off. Yesterday I applied honey to my whole face and left it for about 4 hours. I then used white sugar to scrub my face while the honey was on and then washed it all off, using the remaining sugar just going over the really dry areas. My skin was left soft and smooth. I moisturised with aqueous cream again to lock in the moisture. Feeling my skin now, there are only a few patches where it's rough (from dryness); which I am quite happy about. I am now cleansing with aqueous cream and using either Nivea facial cream or aqueous cream to moisturise.

So I would recommend his product for anyone who has pityrosporum folliculitis because it does work. But I would recommend you only use it at night and twice a week!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only dandruff treatment I've ever used that actually works. Other things that I've tried- Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue, Lush's Soak and Float, Avalon Organics, coconut oil- didn't do nothing (well, except the coconut oil, that really didn't help), but they didn't make me completely flake or itch-free either. This did.

I followed the directions with the initial treatment period. It took about a month for the dandruff to completely go away, but I kept using it for another month or two. Since then (about eight months ago) I've been using it once every two weeks or so. Because of this, I've only one and a half of the 4 fl oz size in all of that time (kind of justifies the high price per fluid ounce).

I don't have dandruff anymore. And not only that- I'm no longer chained to the use of only cosmetically unfriendly and strange smelling dandruff shampoos, I can use whatever I want inbetween washes from this!

Not that this shampoo smells that terrible, or makes your hair look bad. I would describe the smell as soapy, a bit spicy (not in a cinnamon-y way, more in a slightly masculine way), and a tiny bit flowery. The resulting scent is definitely not unpleasant or too manly, though a man could use it without smelling like a woman. The shampoo itself is a teensy bit drying, but not as much as a clarifying shampoo. It gets my hair clean and gives it some volume.

Overall, I love this stuff, and I have an extra bottle of it for when I run out of this one.

on 9/19/2013 4:55:00 AM

I'm so impressed with this product. I saw all the reviews and decided to buy it. After one use, my dandruff is pretty much gone. Yay :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a secret: I have dandruff. When you're a redhead, most everyone assumes that you have the most beautiful scalp the world has ever seen because, and according to my mother, "redhair is a cascading waterfall of autumn leaves and fire". But sadly, that is not so. It started when I was about 7 or 8, so I've had this problem for a long time. This shampoo is the only thing that has made my scalp feel clean, fresh, and flake free. Don't use this everyday because it will dry your hair out. I don't wash my hair every day because I have medium thick hair that will frizz out of control if I do. I use this about two-three times a week to keep up. My only problem with this is that it will not cure your dandruff, but it will clear it up as long as you use it at least twice a week. Check this out!

on 11/19/2008 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have terrible dandruff because of high testosterone, and this does wonders for me. I have almost no flakes now. If I stop using it, I notice a difference right away, so I'm gonna stick with it. I usually just put in on my scalp, don't scrub or massage, and then put in a regular shampoo on top and wash normally, so that my hair doesn;t smell like the Nizoral and doesn't feel as dry as with the Nizoral alone.

on 4/7/2006 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

about nizoral, well i tried it the first time a few months ago! it realy work`s . after 6 times using it, i saw great results... new i begin again with nizoral, because on the instructions it ses to be used 2-4 week`s (then a short brake) i hope you understand my not so good english, but i`m from romania

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dreadlocks and I cannot even tall you how valuable this stuff is. Its AMAZING as i get intense itchies from time to time. This ELIMINATES ALL flakes also its unbelivable. I would buy this if it cost 90375289y67 dollars its such an amazing shampoo!!! i wish it came in a bigger bottle though

on 12/29/2002 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

my dermatologist reccomended this to me when i had scalp problems... and this cleared it right up. im saying that i wont buy this again because i hope my problem wont come back!

Popular Shampoos