4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the previous reviewers because without your reviews, I'd never have even noticed, let along purchased, this wonderful all purpose cream/ointment. A few years ago, I tried the Burt's Bees baby oil but was really put off by the scent and I was worried this would have the same off-putting honey smell but this has only the mildest of pleasant scents to it. But the product itself - really quite a miracle. I've yet to try it on my hair, but I will. However, for the dry skin on my body, this stuff is wonderful. I live in Canada, where it gets brutally cold and drying in winter so I love thicker, balm type products on my body (and even on my face, if I'm going to be out in the cold). So far as I can tell, this contains no water, which makes it a great facial product for winter (water in moisturizers can freeze and harm your exposed face if you are out in sub-zero temps) so it's a great product for when I'm out walking, X-country skiing or just shoveling the snow. On the dry, itchy skin of my legs and arms is where this stuff really proves its worth. It has a texture similar to Vaseline or my beloved (and no longer available) Ombra Melkfett cream but it is very easy to spread over and work into my skin, and it really helps soothe and hydrate. Absolutely great product!

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3 months ago

As others have stated, it is good for hair. Mine is dry thin and very curly which can mean frizzy or puffy. I can easily wet the hair where it is badly puffy and smooth this through after rubbing it between my hands and it dries into a smoother look. I also like it after frequent handwashing. It is good for kids esp after a normal lotion to seal it in.

About reviewer (98 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

fromkamare

a year ago

This product ended up being more than my daughter needed for the dry patches on her face, so I started using it on my extremely dry feet. It’s very soothing and leaves them much softer, so I’m pleased about that. BUT. I have some excema on my hands and wrists, and this stuff stings and burns when I put it there. I was SO hoping it would be comforting to my poor hands but it’s actually very unpleasant. Not sure why but it’s unfortunate!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I wish I could have found this sooner. It is great for relieving flakiness and dryness. I sometimes use this on my cuticles and feet. Holds moisture in when used as a sealant. It also makes a good pomade to hold down frizzy areas in my hair in a pinch. I bought this for my daughter who suffers from eczema. It helps keep her skin soft and is wonderful to use after her bath. It has a light scent that fades and good absorbtion. Highly recommend if you can find it.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I have been on the hunt for something easily obtainable, soothing, mild, relatively natural and unlikely to sting or clog for those times when my skin is dry, sore or reacting badly to something. I already avoid the most common irritants and just wanted a product I can pick up at a grocery or drug store to help retain moisture while my skin healed. On a whim I decided to look in the baby aisle, where I found this petroleum jelly replacement salve/balm/tub of soothing. Aquaphor and Vaseline serve the same purpose but this provides an occlusive barrier without mineral oil or petrolatum. Neither of those ingredients have caused issues for me, by the way, but I like having options during those periods when I'm back to basic, no-frills cleansing & moisturizing.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

6 years ago

I am more inclined to review something I really love, and this- I already love! It is very moisturizing and soothing for my skin. I am into the natural products at the moment because I think silicones are clogging my pores. Dimethicone in particular has caused me trouble, but I digress. The ingredients are pure and I highly recommend this ointment. Being multipurpose I have already navigated to using this on my hair. It is absolutely perfect on my long, dry hair! I scoop some up with my finger and massage it into my palms to soften then apply it on my ends, wet and dry depending on how dry it is, and it sinks in beautifully when evenly distributed! The packaging is adorable as well and so much is in the jar. Great!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I have been using Alba Botanical's "un petroleum jelly" for about a year. I found this product and had to buy it. This has all the same good oils in it plus lots more. -I use it every night on my lashes and eyebrows, castor and coconut oil helps keep them strong and helps them grow -after I've put on all my anti-aging creams I put a small amount of the ointment under my eyes. It helps hold the moister in -I also put a good amount on my lips before bed.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

fromkyl77

6 years ago

I picked up a generous size jar of this super moisturizing ointment for under $9 bucks in the baby care aisle at Kroger. I figured if it was gentle enough for a baby, it would be gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I wasn't disappointed. Just a dab works to hydrate dry lips, hands, cuticles, feet or any other dry patches on your face or body with no irritation. This is sort of a natural alternative to Aquaphor. Although I generally prefer scent free products, the natural fragrance in this ointment is very nice and subtle. Overall, a great product for babies and adults alike.

About reviewer (533 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

When it says "multi-purpose" it really is. This can replace anything you use Aquaphor or petroleum jelly for. The texture is a bit runny though and I think a squeeze tube would be better than the jar. But aside from that this is wonderful. It is a heavy moisturizer than can be used as a great conditioning night treatment. Like Aquaphor it leaves a slightly sticky sheen on the skin so I would not use this during the day except on the lips. I used this while on accutane and it soothed and softened my lips and patches of dry skin everywhere. The fragrance is very low and there is no taste when used on the lips. This is my new favorite go to product for dry scaly skin.

About reviewer (164 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

fromvuvie

7 years ago

I bought this on a whim and cause I really like the Baby Bee line for my eczema. This is wonderful! I find this better than the Baby Bee Skin Cream. Thick but not as thick as Skin Cream. Does not have that smell that comes with all Baby Bee line. Wonderful. My eczema softens and starts to heal after using this for 3 days. Love love love.

About reviewer (418 reviews)

Age30-35