NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

I used to be a fan of all-matte lips all throughout high school and college (until I kind of got bored of it), now I gravitate towards more sheer, creamy, moisturizing formulas.
I used to hate lip glosses since I have short-mid length hair which always clinged to gloss on my lips, but when I purchased Butter Gloss I’ve found that brands really stepped up their game and 2010s glosses aren’t as sticky as early 2000s glosses.
Butter Glosses feel comfortable on the lips, are (almost) non sticky. Some shades are more opaque than others. The shade selection is huge- everyone will find their perfect shade. They’re not as long lasting as matte lipsticks, but I don’t expect it from gloss, I don’t mind reapplying throughout the day.
You can’t beat the price too!

Love the NYX butter glosses! These are the only lip glosses I will use! Both my mom and I each own a handful of them and continuously steal them from each other. Always have one in my purse and in the car!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are the "adult" lipsmackers with more pigmentation, cute dessert names, a huge variety and a yummy smell. I find them less moisturizing than lipsmackers but it could be because these have a bit more slip, and easily come off when eating, drinking, kissing, etc. Since that is sort of the limitation of lip balm, it doesn't bother me.

If you want an affordable lip balm with a ton of variety of color, definitely look this way. The cute packaging and names are just an added bonus! But dry lips may want a bit more moisture.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

WOW, I haven't used lip gloss since middle school but I started leaning towards lip glosses just a couple weeks ago b/c I was tired of worrying about my lipstick before & after eating as well as checking my lipstick throughout the day for touch ups.

I can simply apply the gloss mindlessly. My favorite part is that I can wipe off my gloss before eating so I don't have to worry about it smearing everywhere! Gonna start a collection of glosses...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love these glosses! Such a smooth, non-sticky and seamless formula. Not to mention that their scent is amazing and the shade selection is better than your average lip gloss range as well. I've owned three different shades (Tiramisu, Devil's Food Cake and Madeleine) and they've all been consistent and great overall, although Madeleine did not end up being a color for me. Tiramisu is my perfect nude everyday gloss and I'm dying to repurchase it since it's sold out in many places (for a reason in my opinion, I love it.) Although Devil's Food Cake is a slightly darker gloss it's still easy to apply evenly and it wears nicely. Such comfortable and fun-to-wear glosses! Definitely the best lip gloss formula I've tried. I also like how the packaging shows the color of the gloss.

I hate lip glosses, due to how thick and sticky most can be. But I LOVE the texture of these glosses! The only reason I doesn’t receive a 5 from me is because I feel like they could be packed with more pigment than they are.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I should probably start by saying that I generally hate lip gloss. Nine times out of ten I find they're overly sticky, don't last very long, and usually end up smeared halfway round my mouth if I ever dare to kiss anyone (that's if the stickiness doesn't put them off first!)

These buttery beauties, on the other hand? They're going to be a staple in my makeup bag. They slide on so easily without smearing, stay put for ages, and they don't have that horrible tacky feeling that so many others do. I generally find that I don't have to reapply very much at all, unless I'm trying to build up the colour from going from day to night - because I favour quite bold shades, I usually only wear a single sweep of the stuff during the daytime, and that's normally enough to provide a good coverage.

I've ended up investing in three of them (Devil/Angel Food Cake and Red Velvet) because they're such good value for money, and I would buy more in a heartbeat. You definitely can't complain about the cost at a fiver, so now the only headache is deciding which of the myriad shades to try next.

Did I mention they smell like cupcakes? Yum!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really do like this product, despite taking two lippies off. I just kind of dislike the streakiness.

You can't swipe it on without a mirror, because the colour goes on streaky. You need to go in again with the applicator to smooth it out. I also feel like if you rub your lips together quite a bit, it makes it look a Tiny tiny bit streaky.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a great everyday gloss as there's no shimmer at all, but it's still really shiny. Of course, it goes away after eating and drinking, but that's what glosses do.

It has a really sweet scent to it...kind of like vanilla maybe? It doesn't bother me but maybe some might dislike it.

Would overall still recommend, and would repurchase. Madeleine is a great nude shade for NC35 - NC42 skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Perfect everyday affordable lip glosses! Even after blotting the colour is still noticeable and they aren't sticky or shimmery, not to mention they smell so freaking good. They have a ton of shades to choose from, though I do recommend going in store because the shade names and online swatches are kind of misleading. I have shades Apple Strudel which is actually very peachy, and Peaches and Cream which is actually bubblegum pink.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product contains silica in nano form. No way I will put that on my lips. Nano silica is not listed on the old ingredient list here but is listed on Nyx website.

This is what European commission thinks about it:
"IS NANO-SILICA IN COSMETICS
DANGEROUS?
The SCCS found no proof that nano-
silica penetrates the skin or is toxic,
but also did not find enough evidence
to rule out those possibilities. More
data are necessary before it can be
declared safe or unsafe. In particular,
more evidence is needed to ascertain
the absence of dermal penetration
of nano-silica, especially through
damaged skin. In case there is internal
exposure, there would also be a
need to exclude potential genotoxic,
carcinogenic and reproductive effects.
When new data become available, the
SCCS will again review the safety of
these silica materials in nanoform."

I am very careful with nano in cosmetics. I would not recommend this product until there is evidence for the safety of nano silica.