NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Tiramisu is my current fav! It looks like my lips natural shade of pink which I really love.

I have gone through 3 of these glosses and always try out a new shade! They are pigmented and are a milky finish(no shimmer). They have a vanilla frosting scent and are not sticky. I love them enough to actually finish up the tube.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I never normally wear gloss, but i love these!!! I have Fortune Cookie, which is very sheer, but adds a very polished look, Creme Brulee, slightly more pinky, and Tiramasu, a nude slightly deep pink shade, they all go on quite sheer with just a hint of colour.
They are extremely moisturising, and i like it that they don't have any minty plumping tingle, as menthol in anything will dry out your lips. I heard the Marc Jacobs ones had the tingling effect, which out me right off.
To me these rival any high end gloss (better than Chanel's), and i don't feel complete til I've got one on!! Repurchases these 3 shades multiple times!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• Not sticky
• Affordable
• Wide color range
• Sheer
• Decently long-lasting for a lip gloss
• Moisturizing
• Don't get on your teeth
• Delicious scent

CONS:
• Your hair sticks to it
• You have to exfoliate your lips before using this product because it accentuates texture

Overall, 8/10

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I own Cherry Pie, plus a fuchsia one whose name I don't remember.

I find these glosses to be pretty, moisturizing, minimally sticky, and reasonably long-lasting. I wish the containers were larger, and I'd prefer a brush-tip applicator, but for the price I'm not going to complain.

Of the two Butter Glosses I currently own, I prefer Cherry Pie, which is a moderately opaque blue-red. It does tend to go pinkish if worn on its own, but over a true red lipstick, like ColourPop "Trust Me," or NYX "Lucy," it yields a jewel-tone red.

Inexpensive, cruelty-free, great quality, readily available?

Those traits are enough to make Butter Gloss one of my favorites!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these lip glosses! The colors are really pretty and flattering; I don’t see the need to buy expensive lip glosses when products this good are available from the drug store.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the butter gloss in the colour black berry pie ( black ). I overall like it very much, but because it's a very dark colour it needs 2 or 3 coats otherwise it will looks gray.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have a couple of these in Creme Brulee and Angel Food Cake. Creme Brulee is a very sheer nude while the AFC is a medium-toned mauve pink that is ever-so-slightly more opaque.

They're a little sticky but still much better than a lot of glosses on the market, and they're also quite moisturizing. I notice I don't have to exfoliate my lips as often when I wear these regularly.

They're really affordable and the brand is cruelty-free, so that's a win-win for us and the cute bunnies.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I really love this product! It is very moisturizing and comfortable to wear. As it wears off throughout the day my lips still feel smooth and hydrated (I have issues with my lips always feeling dried out after other lipstick/gloss wears off and they start peeling). It does not feel sticky or greasy, just hydrating...like a rich butter! The colours are all beautiful, some sheerer than others, some more opaque than others ("Intense" line)

I love the colour Strawberry Parfait, it's such a pretty light fuschia colour that is very wearable with minimum makeup (mascara, blush, eyeliner).

I also love the nude-pinks and nude-mauves:
Vanilla Cream Pie (Peachy Pink-Nude. It says Mauve on the website, though. Weird)
Angel Food Cake (Light/Medium Nude/Mauve)
Tiramisu (MLBB Pink-Nude)
Praline (Darker version of Tiramisu)

I absolutely would recommend!

Keep in mind that the ones I am reviewing are the regular Butter Gloss, not the Intense Butter Gloss.

I used to be a fan of all-matte lips all throughout high school and college (until I kind of got bored of it), now I gravitate towards more sheer, creamy, moisturizing formulas.
I used to hate lip glosses since I have short-mid length hair which always clinged to gloss on my lips, but when I purchased Butter Gloss I’ve found that brands really stepped up their game and 2010s glosses aren’t as sticky as early 2000s glosses.
Butter Glosses feel comfortable on the lips, are (almost) non sticky. Some shades are more opaque than others. The shade selection is huge- everyone will find their perfect shade. They’re not as long lasting as matte lipsticks, but I don’t expect it from gloss, I don’t mind reapplying throughout the day.
You can’t beat the price too!

Love the NYX butter glosses! These are the only lip glosses I will use! Both my mom and I each own a handful of them and continuously steal them from each other. Always have one in my purse and in the car!