NYX Professional Makeup Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Hello MUA,
I love the NYX Butter Gloss! I have BLG 04/ Merengue. Funny how I aquired this lip/butter gloss. My husband made a Target stop and guess who he thought of after 14 years of marriage?!! 😁 I love this color on me because it's in-between a pink and a lilac color. (He knows what I love). Just being honest. Anywho....

WHAT IT SAYS:
Buttery and silky smooth, our decadent Butter Gloss. Each glossy color delivers sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky, leaving your lips soft, supple and kissable. Add a little more sweetness to your lips with a touch of any of NYX Professional Makeup's Butter Lip Glosses available in many scrumptious colors! No sticky sensation. It's perfect for every sweet tooth! Softens and conditions lips while giving a hint of color and gloss.

INGREDIENTS:
Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [NANO], Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

MY REVIEW:
Honestly, the best lip gloss I've ever tried.
This lip gloss is so creamy, pigmented (it shows up true to color on my pigmented lips!) and they smell divine! They all have dessert related names which works perfectly with their cake batter scent! They last a few hours and don't end up in the corner of my mouth (a personal pet peeve!). It stayed on four hours on average and it wasn't drying.
For the price, totally worth it. They are perfect whether you wear them on their own or layered over your favorite lipsticks! I absolutely need to pick up more shades of these & soon!
Hope this helps! 😀

Great, comfortable gloss. My one gripe is its a cream base, so it seeps into your lip lines and looks bad unless you continuously press your lips together. I think it's comparable to the lorac alter ego lip glosses, just more sheer. A really pretty lip product. No sparkle, and not as tacky as the Buxom glosses. These are light years better. These make your lips look so plump. I own fortune cookie, creme brulee, tiramisu, and angle food cake. I'm planning on buying Praline and Madeleine. These are all nice nudes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I kind a went crazy with collecting a lot of the colour stuff recently. I absolutely love them . I am sick of the super dried out matte liquid lipsticks and now like my lips to look more plush and hydrated. These do just that. The colours are either sheer or buildable and pigmented. They feel like butter on the lips make my lips look plush and shiny while also not drying them out. My favourite colours are vanilla cream pie,angel food cake,ginger snap,tiramisu,raspberry pavlova,red velvet,raspberry tart,eclair,strawberry parfait...ok I love pretty much all of them . Seriously they are all gorgeous imo .

You have to reapply them but it no big deal they feel amazing going on and smell amazing too so I don’t care if I need to reapply . Easy to wear and super cute

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$5.00 on the website but you can find them on sale. When they go on sale, I stock up.

The formula is excellent, non-sticky and doesn't look overly shiny, no sparkle at all. It dries fairly quickly, some colors faster than others and it feels as if I put lip balm on. My lips feel soft and moist, not sticky. It does not wear off easily and most colors leave a little stain when it does wear off which I like. I love the opacity and texture of these glosses. The pigmentation is great and they are nicely moisturizing, they never dry my lips out. Granted the packaging is not high end or pretty, but for $5.00, in my opinion, the quality inside rivals most high end glosses or is better. The color range is huge, with 34 colors which is rare for a drugstore priced item. I have about 15 of them. My favorites are the lighter ones and nudes but Cherry Pie is a lovely red that I can wear and feel comfortable in. Reds are hard for me to pull off(blonde, blue eyes, gold skin tone). But this one I can wear. Most of the nudes are just gorgeous, really a nice job on the nudes.

I do have to reapply, these won't last all day and most of the glossy part will come off after a meal, depending on what you eat, but I don't mind re-applying. I really love many of the colors and the way they feel on my lips. The brush picks up the right amount and I don't have to keep dipping in to apply. They smell nice, but not overwhelming. Kind of like cake. A great value for a very nice product. If I paid 25.00 for this in high end packing I would write the same review. It feels and looks high end. I don't know how the really dark colors apply because I didn't get any of those colors but there are some videos on you tube where they swatch and apply each color.

Pros:
Great price
Huge Color selection
Feel nice on the lips
Nice opacity and pigmentation
Moisturizing
Nice applicator picks up right amount of product

Cons:
Packaging isn't pretty

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I only have one shade- ginger snap- a brown shade. It delivers a sheer wash of color but it's pretty pigmented for a gloss. of course, it's not long lasting but it's so easy to reapply that I don't mind. I definitely would repurchase this shade when I finish it, and want to try out others!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tiramisu is a shade that really flatters me. I never look good in any lipstick or lip gloss shade but this one is an exception. Very beautiful and not too dark.

Tiramisu is my current fav! It looks like my lips natural shade of pink which I really love.

I have gone through 3 of these glosses and always try out a new shade! They are pigmented and are a milky finish(no shimmer). They have a vanilla frosting scent and are not sticky. I love them enough to actually finish up the tube.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I never normally wear gloss, but i love these!!! I have Fortune Cookie, which is very sheer, but adds a very polished look, Creme Brulee, slightly more pinky, and Tiramasu, a nude slightly deep pink shade, they all go on quite sheer with just a hint of colour.
They are extremely moisturising, and i like it that they don't have any minty plumping tingle, as menthol in anything will dry out your lips. I heard the Marc Jacobs ones had the tingling effect, which out me right off.
To me these rival any high end gloss (better than Chanel's), and i don't feel complete til I've got one on!! Repurchases these 3 shades multiple times!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• Not sticky
• Affordable
• Wide color range
• Sheer
• Decently long-lasting for a lip gloss
• Moisturizing
• Don't get on your teeth
• Delicious scent

CONS:
• Your hair sticks to it
• You have to exfoliate your lips before using this product because it accentuates texture

Overall, 8/10

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I own Cherry Pie, plus a fuchsia one whose name I don't remember.

I find these glosses to be pretty, moisturizing, minimally sticky, and reasonably long-lasting. I wish the containers were larger, and I'd prefer a brush-tip applicator, but for the price I'm not going to complain.

Of the two Butter Glosses I currently own, I prefer Cherry Pie, which is a moderately opaque blue-red. It does tend to go pinkish if worn on its own, but over a true red lipstick, like ColourPop "Trust Me," or NYX "Lucy," it yields a jewel-tone red.

Inexpensive, cruelty-free, great quality, readily available?

Those traits are enough to make Butter Gloss one of my favorites!