4.4

$7.40 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

I got my first butter gloss in the shade Maple Blondie and inmediately fell in love. The pigmentation i guess u call it, is amazing. NYX has a great selection of colors. They arent too sticky like some lip glosses tend to be. The price is amazing as well. They are perfect over a lipstick or alone. Definitely would recommend

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I love these glosses! Even before I get to the colour, the smell is so delicious. Sweet baked goods come to me ^__^ I have three of these glosses now, and the colours are beautiful. I'm not a lipstick person, and I can't stand the bright bang *I have paint* on my lips kinda look. I went for the neutral pink and pink ones and they are glossy, fresh and elegant. Just perfection <3

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

The colour I'm referencing is: "Devil's Food Cake" - shade 22 Usually I'm not a fan of glossy, shiny lips but this little firecracker is amazing! It's got a lovely low sheen with a marvellous, deep colour injection onto the lips! Another great thing I found by using it a couple of times was that the coverage is completely buildable; a little can go a long way if you want just the slightest bit of a tint, or alternatively you can put on several coats to make it denser and more defined. One sweeping motion will give you that subtle tint, and around three sweeps will give you an intense glow. I love this aspect in a gloss-finish lip colour, as I've found with other brands putting a thinner layer on looks tacky or unfinished, so nyx: thank you for the consistency! The only downside I found was that the staying power of this butter gloss (tested in the hot weather conditions of Australia) was only around 3 hours max. But alas, a quick reapplication solved the drama. The packaging was exactly what I expected; nothing special, but does the trick. The colour I decided to pick up is absolutely to die for! Makes you feel powerful and ready to take on the world, which is how every lipstick should make you feel in my opinion! I'm as pale as a snowflake so this is a great darker lip option that doesn't look too dramatic for my daytime wear, but can also make a statement at parties. Winner!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Update: I tried out the Buxom Lip polishes/glosses to compare to these and I prefer NYX's butter gloss over Buxom. Less sticky, no glitter, tingle is okay with Buxom but after awhile it can wreck havoc on sensitive lips if you like to reapply....and NYX is cheaper. NYX leaves my lips super soft vs. Buxom. --------------------------------------------------- NYX rocks my world yet again! After buying the entire collection of the NYX Lip Lingerie lipsticks - I decided to try one of these to see if I'd like them as a gloss. The first one I bought was Madeline -in store. Fell in LOVE immediately. The consistency is amazing - thick, not sticky, lots of shine, the color is great - the smell is sweet like a cupcake. Cheap, too (found most of mine half off). What I love about these (besides leaving your lips soft after wearing - for me, they do) is the color differences between each and how individual they are. I am not a huge lipstick person (even though I own all the Lip Lingeries) and for me, lip gloss with some tint is my go-to for everything. I'm too clumsy to mess with lip liner and lipstick. I'll make a mess of myself. So because I love gloss, I really took a notice of the color differences within each of these and that's what I think is a huge key in their success (for me). I also love that unlike their brother product, the NYX Intense Butter Glosses - the color of these are always a little sheer - so the color is going to honestly be unique on each person. Your own lip color is going to have an effect on wearing the colors of these lip glosses, as well as the skin tone of your lips. If you haven't checked these out - DO IT. Find the colors that work for you, speak to you - and rock them. And maybe get a back up or two :)

About reviewer (432 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

These are good to stash if you like having a lip gloss with you at all times to retouch up throughout the day. I love the shade collection, makes collecting them very fun. The lasting powering and pigmentation is meh, you get what you pay for. Not my favourite lip glosses, but I would buy again and they do what you need them to do. These smell like caramel so if you hate scents, they're not for you.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

I love love love this gloss! It was a gift to me and I have since bought MORE. They are so creamy and last a really long time on your lips (they do wear off a bit if you eat and drink obvs) but they are fantastic! Not super tacky and sticky like other glosses and have goog pigment as well. Definitely recommend!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I own this in the shade tiramisu and it's my favorite lip gloss. Super pigmented and feels nourishing on the lips without being too thick or sticky. I plan to try more shades.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

3 years ago

I have this product in 6 colors...that's how I know I love it! It's really beautiful on, and it smells great, too! My favorite color right now is 15, angel food cake. These are definitely worth trying!!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrunette

3 years ago

These Butter Glosses are insanely good quality drugstore makeup that can't be missed. I have several of these; they are all glossy but also have a decent amount of pigment and wear time. They look great on their own (not too sheer) or over a lipstick. They smell incredible, rather like sugar cookies. The price is extremely reasonable. They are basically the Wet N' Wild Color Icon blushes of the gloss world- high-end quality for a super low price. The shades I currently have are Angel Food Cake (medium mauvey pink- separate review), Praline (medium brownish nude- separate review), Cherry Pie (medium toned red), Vanilla Cream Pie (light pink), Creme Brûlée (light peachy nude) and Devils Food Cake (deep burgundy red). The formula is incredible across the board and I will almost certainly have the full collection one day.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

I have it in Cherry Pie, and on the lips it is very sheer red. Pros: - Packaging - Scent - Price Now, to be completely honest, this is a VERY average lip gloss. When I get over how delicious it smells, I see that it sets into lines and doesn't give as much gloss as I would like to. It doesn't last too long (of course I mean without eating and drinking - no lip gloss will survive that). It is slightly difficult to apply evenly on the lips, and you need the tiniest amount because otherwise it will gather in some places. The gloss is goopy and clings to the applicator like a string when you take it out to apply on lips (ew). When the shine goes away, the gloss leaves a slightly sticky residue on the lips and doesn't exactly "leave my lips soft, supple and kissable". I can't see where the "butter" part comes in, because it provides ZERO moisture to the lips. And about stickiness: for me, lip glosses need some stickiness, because this way you feel they stay put. This gloss feels almost too wet and slide-y on the lips. After trying new L'Oreal Infallible lip glosses (ones in Guerlain-like packaging), I stopped using the NYX one at all. L'Oreal glosses are pigmented, easy to apply and smell nice, and price point is almost same. I am kinda on the fence with these; they are nice, but not so fantastic to go bananas over. I wouldn't repurchase or buy other shades.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool