4.4

$7.40 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

I purchased this gloss in Creme Brulee and loves it. I had been told that it was a great long lasting gloss, and it truly is. The color is not super pigmented, but in a gloss that is typical. Lasts for quite a long time without any of the sticky residue. Smells great. A little bit of a small container for the price, but a little bit goes a long way.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

I am such a sucker for a great lip gloss. I picked up two of these glosses. One is Raspberry Tart (BLG21) and the other is Devil's Food Cake (BLG22). I have always envied dark complexions where they can carry off such dark berry or jewel like color on their lips. Many times with my complexion and hair those colors can make me have a severe look to my face or look gaudy. What I love about these glosses is both are dark in color, but go on somewhat sheer and glossy. They somehow still maintain a deep color despite the sheerness of the product which is nice to see and suit my complexion. I am lightly tanned and have silvery blonde hair. The Raspberry Tart looks like a Barney grapey Purple in the tube but goes on a lot lighter. The devils food cake looks almost dark brown Burgundy but goes on like deep wine color. Both have a nice texture and sheen. I also love that they don't stain your lips, which is something I despise with a lot of dark colors. The smell is very much like the birthday cake scent that is prevalent in a lot of glosses nowadays, which is always nice. Nothing worse than having stinky lip glosses or lipstick that can be overpowering or as I like to say, provide a cough factor when you inhale that they are that strong. The glosses also go on smoothly and are not sticky. Packaging is simple and there is nothing to write home about, but that doesn't matter to me. My only complaint is they don't last very long on my lips. Take a sip out of your caramel Macchiato and its a guarantee that most of your gloss will be left on your Starbucks cup. Product is cruelty free which is something I am always very happy about.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

Have this gloss in several different shades (tres leches, London, angel food cake, and peach cobbler). This product smells AMAZING! Like cake, very sweet smelling. The colours are beautiful and easy to apply. However, after 1-2 hours I find it has mostly wiped off or faded and needs retouching a LOT. But if that doesn't matter to you, I'd recommend trying it as it really is a lovely product :)

About reviewer (24 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

The NYX Butter Glosses are absolutely among the best glosses in the drug store. They have an amazing range of shades and the formula feels so nice on the lips. I like that the colors are slightly milky, which makes it easier to wear them alone or with lipliner on my pigmented lips. I think the packaging is simple and cute as well. These are a good buy for the price, and even though they are too smooth/buttery to last very long, they look great and are easy to reapply so they're still worth it.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

These are awesome. I love MAC cremesheen glosses and these are like of the drugstore version for me. The glosses are not super sticky (which is why I do not like MAC lip glasses, and instead only wear cremesheen glosses). The packaging is nice because the tube is the color of the gloss and the doe foot is great. NYX has a problem with giving colors name that do not match the product (such as "Cherry Cheesecake" being orange, "Peaches and Cream" being a warm pink, etc) so buyer beware. They have a vanilla scent, which I also find nice. I have a handful of them (Praline, Gingersnap, Madeleine, Cherry Cheesecake). I have had more over the years, but have gotten rid of them because the color didn't suit me; no issues with formula or the packaging. I am an NC30/35 and Praline and Madeleine are great "my lips but better" colors. If you are darker than me, Gingersnap is for you. To me, glosses like this look beautiful on the lips because you can still see a bit of the natural lip, while still wearing a pigmented gloss. I also like the way these glosses (and MAC cremesheens) look layered over lipstick. Maybe it is just my imagination, but because the gloss base is not clear (at one of the spectrum) and yet not super opaque (on the other), it gives different look to the lips that I find quite beautiful.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I haven't written a review in ages but I felt compelled to write one for this stuff 'cause it's the bomb diggity! I'm drawn mostly to natural-looking makeup, especially on the lips, and bought this on a whim in hopes of getting that "your lips but better" look. I got the shade Tiramisu and it's perfect with my fair/medium, neutral/yellow skin tone. Not too shiny, not crazy sticky (though slightly), and very moisturizing. It's the perfect finishing touch to give my look just enough polish. Have to reapply quite frequently but I don't mind. I'm sure there are many similar products out there, but the price point on this is great and the packaging is cute too. Highly recommend! Will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I bought this product at the recommendation of my sister. The product really does fit the name it glides on buttery smooth and is very moisturizing. It also has a nice vanilla scent to it. I'm not always a huge fan of lipsticks so this gloss is perfect for me. The color is kind of sheer and just enough. I bought the colors angel food cake and pralines those colors really compliment skin tone. The only issue I have with this lip gloss is I wish it had longer wear. I have to reapply several times a day. But still I love the way it makes my lips feel and I will continue to buy it.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

3 years ago

i'm so pleasantly surprised by how much i like these. i wore them most frequently when i was on my first course of accutane, my lips weren't terribly peely but i couldn't even wear normal lipsticks because they weren't moisturizing enough. but these actually did leave my lips quite hydrated, tbh i would compare them to lip masks in terms of how hydrating they are but i like them even better because they have the added benefit of improving the appearance of your lips while you're actually wearing them. a few final notes, they are sticky. they're glosses. your hair will get caught in them and it isn't the most pleasant thing in the world, but it is tolerable. and just take them off altogether if you're going to be eating or drinking. they won't survive either process. they wear well, dont leave a ring around your mouth as they fade and are thankfully flavorless as far as i can tell. colorwise, i'm not sure which i prefer. i think i did a good job of picking out some of the more muted shades in the line, but tiramisu still reads a little peachy on me and angel food cake is just like...PINK. both are fine for everyday though. very work-appropriate and surprisingly subtle on my complexion. if i'm going to wear a gloss, i want it to be fairly sheer, which these are. omg, and i almost forgot to mention, these are SUPER cute over lip tints! they make gradients so much easier to achieve. i especially love putting a red tint on the inner part of my mouth and layering either of my butter glosses over it, ugh seriously, my lips just look so full and beautiful when i wear that combo. would def recommend these.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

i bought this out of a whim coz i dont feel like wearing the nyx smlc everyday to uni. its a really good gloss, not sticky, almost feels like butter on my lips. the glossy sheen was nice. although it came out like a gloop of product on the applicator, it didnt bother me as much. a very,very good gloss despite being a drugstore one.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

These butter glosses are great! I have really dry lips and they are super comfortable on my lips and have never felt dry. They have great pigmentation. They come in a wide range of colors, so there is a color for everyone. I have repurchased these glosses many, many times, and always have a back up on hand for when I run out. They don't leave that ring on your mouth like some glosses do when they wear off. They are not transfer proof, and don't really last more than an hour on my lips, but this does not bother me because I would much rather have a product that I have to reapply than one that lasts all day and makes my lips feel and look cakey and gross. No thank you. They have great pigmentation for a gloss, and are wallet-friendly. I will always have at least one of these on hand until they decide to discontinue them. Highly recommend if you don't mind reapplying throughout the day.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43