Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.5

on 10/6/2017 4:30:00 PM

I love Rimmel. They're cheaper than other drugstore brands and work just as good, if not better. This is probably my favorite matte lipstick. Goes on smooth and creamy, doesn't dry my lips out, and is long lasting. They have a good selection of colors as well and the packaging is cute. Definitely better than Revlon or L'OREAL that costs $2-$3 more.

on 4/12/2017 6:56:00 PM

This shade is very similar to Kate 08, i think its a little more pink and is a semi matte, where 08 is more of a creamy satin finish, but they are definitely sisters..I love the mix of mauve, pink and brown this lipstick shows...Been trying to branch out from my super safe nude/mauve colors that I always wear lol..I will never be a girl who wears true red lipstick, I'm just not a fan of the look, it doesn't work on me sorry! Plus I'm almost 50 yrs old, and just prefer more neutral/natural shades...This color still works for me and i will definitely repurchase.

on 12/26/2016 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

104 is a medium muted/mauvey cool toned/blue pink brown. Its not matte like the name suggests but has a bit of a sheen to it. Id say its a semi-matte/satin finish. I love this shade much but unfortunately it doesnt last very long on the lips.

on 1/12/2017 12:27:00 PM

The perfect color, the perfect texture. Smells good. Can't live without it.

on 4/24/2016 7:04:00 PM

Beautiful color, creamy and opaque but not the best lipstick this line has.

I bought this while looking for a nice "everyday" matte pink. I didnt wanted a nude, a wanted a matte "dark" pink lipstick that would enhance my lips.

I really use this a lot but it does have some flaws:

Its not really matte. I have 2 more lipsticks from this Kate line (i love them both) and they are also not 100% matte. Difference is, the other ones dont dry my lips up or accentuate my lines.. This is my main problem with this lipstick. Its creamy enough to put on with no problem and have a nice feeling to it, but fails due to looking dry/opaque without having the rich pack of color that matte lipsticks usually give (NYX matte lipstick for example).

I know the color will last pretty much all day but i have to put some lip balm on a couple of hours in to give the lipstick some moisture and to really make your lips look fuller and... healthier?

Also.. worth noting, in my NC35 skin and washed out lips, this is almost a pink/mauve. Again, NOT a nude or soft pink.

I still very much like it, and use it, and will continue to buy more Rimmel Mattes (red packaging) cause the colors are truly beautiful and they are very easy to wear.

I love this I love nearly all the Kate moss lipsticks they also smell FANTASTIC! If u haven't smelt them then u should.
I love the matte, the 15yr London icon, and the normal long lasting they're great :)

on 3/4/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this lipstick. I love pairing it with my MakeupForever in Number 202. It a perfect combo. To me its a rosy/pink color and love this color. This is by far my favorite lipstick :):)

This is the perfect nude for people who can't pull off nudes! Very flattering on my fair-medium skin tone. Makes teeth look really white too!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pulled this out of my stash while re-vamping my makeup supplies.

While this is a pretty shade, very natural and very flattering I would say especially for light to light/medium skin tones (although many skin tones may be able to wear this), and the pigmentation is definitely there, I just can't get past the drying aspect of this and how it accentuates the lines in my lips (getting older now, 45 years old, so stuff like that is often taken into consideration). And I just can't get past the smell of these. Just to me it is a strong chemical smell that lingers for a while after application. It is a shame because it is a pretty shade. Won't repurchase. If they change the formula so it is not drying, maybe, but then I suppose it would not be the same pretty shade. Anyway, not a fave of mine. If it did not dry my lips and did not settle into my lines and did not smell like a chemical, I would gladly give this 5 stars. It does have lasting power as well, but it is just so very drying, at least for me. And for me to apply lip balm before or a gloss afterwards to me takes away from the shade. But I find this to be true with a lot of Rimmel lipsticks, drying, settles into lines and with strong chemical smells. It's a shame, because they do have some very pretty shades!!

on 12/22/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wanted to like this based on the good reviews but didn't care for it. The deal breaker for me is that it migrates to the outer edges of my lips and looks dry and uneven. Very few lipsticks have ever done that on me but it sure looks cheap and bad. I could possibly see blotting this to just a stain to make it work, but most likely I'll return it.