Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.7

I love this I love nearly all the Kate moss lipsticks they also smell FANTASTIC! If u haven't smelt them then u should.
I love the matte, the 15yr London icon, and the normal long lasting they're great :)

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've always been a fan of long-wear lipsticks but never liked how dry they made my lips feel. I'd read a bunch of favorable reviews for this lipstick from Rimmel and thought if it didn't work out, I could always pass it along to a friend.

This is a keeper! Not only does the color flatter my ultra-pale skin, it also lasts without drying my lips out. I do reapply after eating just to keep it looking nice so I can't speak to any claims of it lasting 6 hours or so. But I do like it and think I'm gonna go back for a couple more tubes of this.

Great matte lipstick without being drying at all! I love dabbing this color on my lips (more than swiping it) to define my lips when they've partially disappeared (from foundation and concealer) and make them look like they're naturally flushed and full all the time without any effort. Especially when I don't want to bother with having a darker lipstick and worrying whether it stays on, this is my fuss-free, go-to, my-lips-are-naturally-this-juicy-color lipstick! You won't be disappointed. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Would I repurchase? Yes, already have, in fact. I am amazed that I never reviewed this before now. This was the first color I bought in these lipsticks when they first came out...two years ago?

I rarely call anything HG because every single day I am looking for something a bit different in my look, but IF I had to pick one lipstick to have, and only one, this would be it. For me it's an always-works, always-looks-good, always-easy-to-wear color. It's pinky-brownish, but definitely not nude. Maybe for some it's their natural lip color, but you can definitely see that I have something on, but it's never too bright or too anything. It works with any makeup color look I choose. So, chameleon-like, yes? Actually, I think this might be in the color range of MAC Twig or Mehr, but I have not swatched it, so can't say for sure. I doubt it's an exact dupe anyway because the formula is definitely not the same as MAC lipsticks.

For reference, I am fair-medium, cool undertones, blue eyes, MAC NW18 ish, dyed red hair (heavy on the red-violet). T

It comes in a great red tube, typical old-school-style, but the red makes it easy to find in my purse! The lid locks on, as you'd expect, so no surprise goo-messes. I wear a balm or lip primer under every lip product I wear, and I'd recommend you do that with this one. It has plenty of slip on its own but can feel just a tad dry. And yes, it is fragranced. I am not bothered by fragrances in things much so it doesn't bother me. I can certainly smell it, but it's a light sweet-sour, maybe fruity smell, so you might want to check to see if it bothers you. Some here have mentioned that it's grainy feeling. I will agree but I will also say that that is not true with every tube I've had. It's slight anyway, and doesn't show on your lips.

Pigmentation is good. I usually get tube color in one swipe. It lasts the normal amount of time, 2-3 hours if you eat or drink. Nothing terrible there. It has a matte finish which is lovely. No shimmer, no shine, but also looks amazing with a dot of clear gloss added if you prefer. I have not used it with a liner, and have never felt I needed to (although I *am* making a trip to the drugstore today, so might just look for one...not because I need it, but just because...you understand, I'm sure). I've never had a problem with this bleeding. Ever. It goes where you put it and stays there.

So, yeah, if I could only have one single lipstick ever again, this would be it. (Although honestly, ONE lipstick ever again? The thought makes me sad. I do love lip color...and eye color...and cheek color...)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not too dark and not too light. Love the texture as the feel. Smells great too. Good pigment.

on 9/15/2014 4:29:00 PM

Holy. Effing. Smokes. This is fantastic lipstick. It's the perfect neutral rosy pink, MLBB. It goes on smooth (granted I moisturize my lips every night before bed, so no flakes here), I literally ate a mcchicken sandwich, and swam a mile at the gym (drinking my water in between sets) and I come home, and there's still pigment on. Not as much, but it's STILL ON. It's so inexpensive, and it's such a great color. This is now a staple of my makeup diet.

on 6/14/2014 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So, cheep, so long lasting so cute! Sort of a berry/mauve. Love it. Only thing is slight raspberry taste or smell when applied. That goes away. What more can you ask for? This stuff lasted through a full meal.

The taste and raspberry smell made me toss these. Just too annoying. Also it's matte and that is hard for me. It is a very nice color and it does last. I like the Moisture ones better. Don't last as long but they look better. Smell and taste is more chemical, but I mind that less somehow.

on 3/10/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this color and it seems to nearly match my natural lip color-- it's maybe half a shade deeper. I guess that's what makes for a good MLBB. I would describe the color as a medium rose shade with mauve undertones. I would name it Your Mauve is Rose. The texture is a bit grainy when it on, which I do not notice in my other Kate Moss matte lipsticks. The grainy feel is only when I apply it, other than that the formula feels great, especially for a matte lipstick. Not drying, but then I am a lip balm addict, so I always have some on my lips before I apply lipstick. There is a fruity scent that reminds me of Jolly Ranchers and it seems to stick with the lip color. Doesn't bother me, but it might bother you have scent issues.

on 1/17/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I received this as a gift for Christmas. I thought it would be red when I saw the red tube it came in. But I saw the pink color and thought, hmmm, am I going to be able to wear this? Well, I tried it on one morning before coffee, and I was amazed. I usually wear red lipstick, occasionally a nude lip, but to have such a nice, natural looking pink that I could wear! I love this color! I was running behind today and had to get out of the house fast. So, I did my eyebrows (I use an eyebrow mascara) and swept this lipstick across my lips, and out the door I went!