Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.4

on 12/26/2016 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

104 is a medium muted/mauvey cool toned/blue pink brown. Its not matte like the name suggests but has a bit of a sheen to it. Id say its a semi-matte/satin finish. I love this shade much but unfortunately it doesnt last very long on the lips.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pulled this out of my stash while re-vamping my makeup supplies.

While this is a pretty shade, very natural and very flattering I would say especially for light to light/medium skin tones (although many skin tones may be able to wear this), and the pigmentation is definitely there, I just can't get past the drying aspect of this and how it accentuates the lines in my lips (getting older now, 45 years old, so stuff like that is often taken into consideration). And I just can't get past the smell of these. Just to me it is a strong chemical smell that lingers for a while after application. It is a shame because it is a pretty shade. Won't repurchase. If they change the formula so it is not drying, maybe, but then I suppose it would not be the same pretty shade. Anyway, not a fave of mine. If it did not dry my lips and did not settle into my lines and did not smell like a chemical, I would gladly give this 5 stars. It does have lasting power as well, but it is just so very drying, at least for me. And for me to apply lip balm before or a gloss afterwards to me takes away from the shade. But I find this to be true with a lot of Rimmel lipsticks, drying, settles into lines and with strong chemical smells. It's a shame, because they do have some very pretty shades!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've always been a fan of long-wear lipsticks but never liked how dry they made my lips feel. I'd read a bunch of favorable reviews for this lipstick from Rimmel and thought if it didn't work out, I could always pass it along to a friend.

This is a keeper! Not only does the color flatter my ultra-pale skin, it also lasts without drying my lips out. I do reapply after eating just to keep it looking nice so I can't speak to any claims of it lasting 6 hours or so. But I do like it and think I'm gonna go back for a couple more tubes of this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Great mauve color, it looks somewhat like my natural lip color but when you really look at it you can tell the difference. It truly is matte, no shimmer at all. I would suggest you put on a lip balm before applying this though. Packaging is ok, but could be a lot better, and it's definitely not fancy. I picked up another one in the store and had to put it back down because it didn't seem secure. I thought that one would break in my purse, but this one wasn't like that, so I bought it. It has a nice little scent to it, but it is not overwhelming. It was originally $5.69 at my Rite Aid but I got it for 40% off which is not bad at all, especially for the quality of this one. If you like matte lip colors, get this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Airy Fairy(rimmel), Pink in the Afternoon (Revlon), Kate Moss 104(rimmel). These are my favorite drugstore lipsticks in pink. The 104 Kate Moss is my feels the most like satin velvet on my lips and looks like it was carefully applied with lipstick brush even when I apply right from the tube. It is a pink-mauve-fuschia, not too bright, a good vibrant but safe color!!! It does not feather or get broken up on me at all. I am sure to use this one up. I love this!