Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.3

on 6/14/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of only two matte lipsticks I currently own. I have previously owned two Revlon matte lipsticks, one in Nude Attitude and the other in Pink Pop. Nude Attitude made my lips look disgustingly crusty, with the pale color combined with the matte texture. Pink Pop looked better, but I ended up eventually giving it away, because I found it making my lips look dry as well. This lipstick, however, has a nice "suede" texture. I do need to apply lip balm every couple of hours when I wear it, but other than that, it does not make my lips look or feel dry. This particular color, 104, is what I would call a medium pinky-mauve, great to wear to work. The packaging is not flimsy, yet the lipstick is affordable and widely available. Next time I need a matte lipstick, I would definitely consider buying from this line again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this line! 104 is one of my favorite shades, it's a perfect everyday color :) I find the formula a little bit drying but I expect that from a matte. It doesn't bother me at all if I apply lip balm first. The packaging is also really cute, but I like to store my lipsticks upside down (with the color names facing up). The slanted top makes that impossible. Overall this a great lipstick and I'd definitely recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Liked the colour and the staying power but my lips felt a bit dry.

on 2/8/2013 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

This shade is a cool-toned pink, darker than regular pink but not quite berry. My lips are fairly pigmented and it looks much darker after application than it does in the tube. The color is easily dupable. The packaging is gorgeous! A red tube with Kate Moss' signature in black on the top. What makes this product iffy is the texture. It's bumpy. Even after swatching it, when I look at the products it is not creamy like a MAC or Revlon lipstick. That graininess transfers onto the lips. It applies smoothly but doesn't look very smooth and clings to every dry patch on your lips! It's a semi-matte finish and lasts the nornal amount of time 2-3 hours and doesn't fade patchy.