Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.4

on 10/6/2017 4:30:00 PM

I love Rimmel. They're cheaper than other drugstore brands and work just as good, if not better. This is probably my favorite matte lipstick. Goes on smooth and creamy, doesn't dry my lips out, and is long lasting. They have a good selection of colors as well and the packaging is cute. Definitely better than Revlon or L'OREAL that costs $2-$3 more.

on 1/12/2017 12:27:00 PM

The perfect color, the perfect texture. Smells good. Can't live without it.

on 4/24/2016 7:04:00 PM

Beautiful color, creamy and opaque but not the best lipstick this line has.

I bought this while looking for a nice "everyday" matte pink. I didnt wanted a nude, a wanted a matte "dark" pink lipstick that would enhance my lips.

I really use this a lot but it does have some flaws:

Its not really matte. I have 2 more lipsticks from this Kate line (i love them both) and they are also not 100% matte. Difference is, the other ones dont dry my lips up or accentuate my lines.. This is my main problem with this lipstick. Its creamy enough to put on with no problem and have a nice feeling to it, but fails due to looking dry/opaque without having the rich pack of color that matte lipsticks usually give (NYX matte lipstick for example).

I know the color will last pretty much all day but i have to put some lip balm on a couple of hours in to give the lipstick some moisture and to really make your lips look fuller and... healthier?

Also.. worth noting, in my NC35 skin and washed out lips, this is almost a pink/mauve. Again, NOT a nude or soft pink.

I still very much like it, and use it, and will continue to buy more Rimmel Mattes (red packaging) cause the colors are truly beautiful and they are very easy to wear.

This is the perfect nude for people who can't pull off nudes! Very flattering on my fair-medium skin tone. Makes teeth look really white too!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pulled this out of my stash while re-vamping my makeup supplies.

While this is a pretty shade, very natural and very flattering I would say especially for light to light/medium skin tones (although many skin tones may be able to wear this), and the pigmentation is definitely there, I just can't get past the drying aspect of this and how it accentuates the lines in my lips (getting older now, 45 years old, so stuff like that is often taken into consideration). And I just can't get past the smell of these. Just to me it is a strong chemical smell that lingers for a while after application. It is a shame because it is a pretty shade. Won't repurchase. If they change the formula so it is not drying, maybe, but then I suppose it would not be the same pretty shade. Anyway, not a fave of mine. If it did not dry my lips and did not settle into my lines and did not smell like a chemical, I would gladly give this 5 stars. It does have lasting power as well, but it is just so very drying, at least for me. And for me to apply lip balm before or a gloss afterwards to me takes away from the shade. But I find this to be true with a lot of Rimmel lipsticks, drying, settles into lines and with strong chemical smells. It's a shame, because they do have some very pretty shades!!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've always been a fan of long-wear lipsticks but never liked how dry they made my lips feel. I'd read a bunch of favorable reviews for this lipstick from Rimmel and thought if it didn't work out, I could always pass it along to a friend.

This is a keeper! Not only does the color flatter my ultra-pale skin, it also lasts without drying my lips out. I do reapply after eating just to keep it looking nice so I can't speak to any claims of it lasting 6 hours or so. But I do like it and think I'm gonna go back for a couple more tubes of this.

Great matte lipstick without being drying at all! I love dabbing this color on my lips (more than swiping it) to define my lips when they've partially disappeared (from foundation and concealer) and make them look like they're naturally flushed and full all the time without any effort. Especially when I don't want to bother with having a darker lipstick and worrying whether it stays on, this is my fuss-free, go-to, my-lips-are-naturally-this-juicy-color lipstick! You won't be disappointed. :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My go to everyday color. It's not too over the top but I find it to be just enough and makes my lips look sexy without being clownish

on 7/21/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this after reading it would be a dupe for Mac Mehr. I own Mehr and i do find the colour to be almost dead on. the only difference is that Mehr is a smidgen more opaque and thick feeling than this. 104 is not a dry matte. i find the wear very comfortable. i would describe the colour as a a dusty pink mlbb colour that is very flattering on my nc40 skin. it is subtle yet brightening. i will re-purchase for sure.

on 4/22/2015 3:37:00 PM

I love the color, which is a medium rosy and suitable for everyday wear. The formula is nice--matte but not drying so far. The only negative is the scent--although not unpleasant, it's too perfumy for a lip product and makes me feel as if I've accidentally sprayed perfume or applied lotion to my lips. Hopefully I'll get used to that aspect because I really love the color, formula, and price.
I have pale but yellow undertoned skin, and 104 is a little bot darker than my lips.