Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.4

on 12/22/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wanted to like this based on the good reviews but didn't care for it. The deal breaker for me is that it migrates to the outer edges of my lips and looks dry and uneven. Very few lipsticks have ever done that on me but it sure looks cheap and bad. I could possibly see blotting this to just a stain to make it work, but most likely I'll return it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pulled this out of my stash while re-vamping my makeup supplies.

While this is a pretty shade, very natural and very flattering I would say especially for light to light/medium skin tones (although many skin tones may be able to wear this), and the pigmentation is definitely there, I just can't get past the drying aspect of this and how it accentuates the lines in my lips (getting older now, 45 years old, so stuff like that is often taken into consideration). And I just can't get past the smell of these. Just to me it is a strong chemical smell that lingers for a while after application. It is a shame because it is a pretty shade. Won't repurchase. If they change the formula so it is not drying, maybe, but then I suppose it would not be the same pretty shade. Anyway, not a fave of mine. If it did not dry my lips and did not settle into my lines and did not smell like a chemical, I would gladly give this 5 stars. It does have lasting power as well, but it is just so very drying, at least for me. And for me to apply lip balm before or a gloss afterwards to me takes away from the shade. But I find this to be true with a lot of Rimmel lipsticks, drying, settles into lines and with strong chemical smells. It's a shame, because they do have some very pretty shades!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like the formula but I'm not as into the color .. The color might be a tad too pink for my slightly yellowy skin. Something is off.. I might buy another color in the same line. EDIT 2/26/15: I realize I think it might be too matte for my face. I prefer a more satin finish for my neutral tone... But I do love my Nars matte lip crayon.

on 9/10/2014 1:12:00 PM

This is a really, really pretty color that I think would suit any skin tone.

But..the smell is absolutely awful. It's a really sweet vanilla/rose, old and cheap perfume type of scent. I usually don't have any problems with scented make-up, I can wear scented foundation or moisturizer without any issues, but this lipstick literally gave me headaches.

Pros:
- really pretty color, suitable for work
- it's not as drying as other matte lipsticks

Cons:
- it goes matte after a really long time
- it does not last very long and transfers onto anything
- the smell is just...awful

on 6/18/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous color and very flattering but I did not like the smell or the slickness of its texture. Too bad.

on 6/14/2014 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So, cheep, so long lasting so cute! Sort of a berry/mauve. Love it. Only thing is slight raspberry taste or smell when applied. That goes away. What more can you ask for? This stuff lasted through a full meal.

The taste and raspberry smell made me toss these. Just too annoying. Also it's matte and that is hard for me. It is a very nice color and it does last. I like the Moisture ones better. Don't last as long but they look better. Smell and taste is more chemical, but I mind that less somehow.

on 2/8/2013 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

This shade is a cool-toned pink, darker than regular pink but not quite berry. My lips are fairly pigmented and it looks much darker after application than it does in the tube. The color is easily dupable. The packaging is gorgeous! A red tube with Kate Moss' signature in black on the top. What makes this product iffy is the texture. It's bumpy. Even after swatching it, when I look at the products it is not creamy like a MAC or Revlon lipstick. That graininess transfers onto the lips. It applies smoothly but doesn't look very smooth and clings to every dry patch on your lips! It's a semi-matte finish and lasts the nornal amount of time 2-3 hours and doesn't fade patchy.

on 4/24/2016 7:04:00 PM

Beautiful color, creamy and opaque but not the best lipstick this line has.

I bought this while looking for a nice "everyday" matte pink. I didnt wanted a nude, a wanted a matte "dark" pink lipstick that would enhance my lips.

I really use this a lot but it does have some flaws:

Its not really matte. I have 2 more lipsticks from this Kate line (i love them both) and they are also not 100% matte. Difference is, the other ones dont dry my lips up or accentuate my lines.. This is my main problem with this lipstick. Its creamy enough to put on with no problem and have a nice feeling to it, but fails due to looking dry/opaque without having the rich pack of color that matte lipsticks usually give (NYX matte lipstick for example).

I know the color will last pretty much all day but i have to put some lip balm on a couple of hours in to give the lipstick some moisture and to really make your lips look fuller and... healthier?

Also.. worth noting, in my NC35 skin and washed out lips, this is almost a pink/mauve. Again, NOT a nude or soft pink.

I still very much like it, and use it, and will continue to buy more Rimmel Mattes (red packaging) cause the colors are truly beautiful and they are very easy to wear.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Nc 30-35, warm & yellow

This shade is a pretty medium tone rosy mauvy pink color that brightens your face without making your teeth look yellow. I don't care for the scent of rimmel lipsticks; smells like plastic and watermelon. Scent doesn't linger so it's not a big issue for me. Lipstick is moisturizing.

on 4/22/2015 3:37:00 PM

I love the color, which is a medium rosy and suitable for everyday wear. The formula is nice--matte but not drying so far. The only negative is the scent--although not unpleasant, it's too perfumy for a lip product and makes me feel as if I've accidentally sprayed perfume or applied lotion to my lips. Hopefully I'll get used to that aspect because I really love the color, formula, and price.
I have pale but yellow undertoned skin, and 104 is a little bot darker than my lips.