Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.5

#104 is a matte dusty rose/mauve pink. A great modern everyday shade. Applies smoothly and evenly. Packaging is nicer than the regular Lasting Finish lipsticks. Has a different scent as well, smells like watermelon.

DUPE ALERT!!!!!!!!!! This is an EXACT DUPE of MAC Mehr! From the color to the matte finish! Thankfully Mehr (one of my favorite lipsticks of all time) has been added to MAC's permanent collection but this is a great drugstore alternative. To compare, I put Mehr on my top lip and #104 on the bottom and couldn't tell the difference between the two. My mom tested #104 before me and she agreed that they were the same. Beyond that, the only real differences are the scent, formula (Rimmel has more slip) and price (Rimmel costs nearly $10 less!) That's it!

Highly recommended!

on 11/20/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I wanted a pink lipstick but it's hard to find the perfect pink for my nw45 skintone. CVS had Rimmell on clearance so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it. It'sTHE perfect pink for me. It's pink but not too pink so it doesn't look too crazy on my skintone. The thing I loved most about it was that it was not super dry like my MAC matte lipsticks. I actually didn't like Mac matte lipsticks and was turned off of all matte lipsticks because of MAC.

Anyway, I find it best when I line it with Mac Currant or Nightmoth. I also find that I don't have to put gloss over it if I don't want to because it doesn't have that chalky weird too light color like a lot of pinks.

If you're a brown girl and want a pretty pink, this is it.

This is the perfect nude for people who can't pull off nudes! Very flattering on my fair-medium skin tone. Makes teeth look really white too!

on 10/9/2013 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is a beautiful warm-toned pink lipstick. It doesn't look clownish against my NW45 complexion and works great as a very natural lip color. I tend to pair it with a soft brown lip liner for a nude lip look. I use a plum or burgundy liner if I want a slightly more vibrant look.

The matte formula is fantastic on me. I have used this without a lip balm underneath and it lasted for over 4 hours with minimal fading (even after eating and drinking). It did not leave my lips too dry. When I use a balm underneath, it still lasts approx. 4 hours but is less drying on my lips. The matte finish is so pretty and natural with this color. I do occasionally use a clear gloss over the top when I want to change up the look, but this is one of the few matte pinks that looks great as-is on my skin.

There is a very strong scent. I don't mind it myself, but it can be off-putting to people sensitive to fragrance. It's a kind of floral/fruity scent....my daughter says it smells like lotion. I personally prefer unscented cosmetics, but this scent hasn't negatively affected me as of yet.

The packaging is basic and sleek. I like the red case with the Kate signature. The top is sturdy and doesn't come off in my purse.

I give this high marks....I wear this almost every day with a variety of make-up looks.

Great matte lipstick without being drying at all! I love dabbing this color on my lips (more than swiping it) to define my lips when they've partially disappeared (from foundation and concealer) and make them look like they're naturally flushed and full all the time without any effort. Especially when I don't want to bother with having a darker lipstick and worrying whether it stays on, this is my fuss-free, go-to, my-lips-are-naturally-this-juicy-color lipstick! You won't be disappointed. :)

on 7/21/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this after reading it would be a dupe for Mac Mehr. I own Mehr and i do find the colour to be almost dead on. the only difference is that Mehr is a smidgen more opaque and thick feeling than this. 104 is not a dry matte. i find the wear very comfortable. i would describe the colour as a a dusty pink mlbb colour that is very flattering on my nc40 skin. it is subtle yet brightening. i will re-purchase for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Would I repurchase? Yes, already have, in fact. I am amazed that I never reviewed this before now. This was the first color I bought in these lipsticks when they first came out...two years ago?

I rarely call anything HG because every single day I am looking for something a bit different in my look, but IF I had to pick one lipstick to have, and only one, this would be it. For me it's an always-works, always-looks-good, always-easy-to-wear color. It's pinky-brownish, but definitely not nude. Maybe for some it's their natural lip color, but you can definitely see that I have something on, but it's never too bright or too anything. It works with any makeup color look I choose. So, chameleon-like, yes? Actually, I think this might be in the color range of MAC Twig or Mehr, but I have not swatched it, so can't say for sure. I doubt it's an exact dupe anyway because the formula is definitely not the same as MAC lipsticks.

For reference, I am fair-medium, cool undertones, blue eyes, MAC NW18 ish, dyed red hair (heavy on the red-violet). T

It comes in a great red tube, typical old-school-style, but the red makes it easy to find in my purse! The lid locks on, as you'd expect, so no surprise goo-messes. I wear a balm or lip primer under every lip product I wear, and I'd recommend you do that with this one. It has plenty of slip on its own but can feel just a tad dry. And yes, it is fragranced. I am not bothered by fragrances in things much so it doesn't bother me. I can certainly smell it, but it's a light sweet-sour, maybe fruity smell, so you might want to check to see if it bothers you. Some here have mentioned that it's grainy feeling. I will agree but I will also say that that is not true with every tube I've had. It's slight anyway, and doesn't show on your lips.

Pigmentation is good. I usually get tube color in one swipe. It lasts the normal amount of time, 2-3 hours if you eat or drink. Nothing terrible there. It has a matte finish which is lovely. No shimmer, no shine, but also looks amazing with a dot of clear gloss added if you prefer. I have not used it with a liner, and have never felt I needed to (although I *am* making a trip to the drugstore today, so might just look for one...not because I need it, but just because...you understand, I'm sure). I've never had a problem with this bleeding. Ever. It goes where you put it and stays there.

So, yeah, if I could only have one single lipstick ever again, this would be it. (Although honestly, ONE lipstick ever again? The thought makes me sad. I do love lip color...and eye color...and cheek color...)

on 12/26/2016 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

104 is a medium muted/mauvey cool toned/blue pink brown. Its not matte like the name suggests but has a bit of a sheen to it. Id say its a semi-matte/satin finish. I love this shade much but unfortunately it doesnt last very long on the lips.

on 4/24/2016 7:04:00 PM

Beautiful color, creamy and opaque but not the best lipstick this line has.

I bought this while looking for a nice "everyday" matte pink. I didnt wanted a nude, a wanted a matte "dark" pink lipstick that would enhance my lips.

I really use this a lot but it does have some flaws:

Its not really matte. I have 2 more lipsticks from this Kate line (i love them both) and they are also not 100% matte. Difference is, the other ones dont dry my lips up or accentuate my lines.. This is my main problem with this lipstick. Its creamy enough to put on with no problem and have a nice feeling to it, but fails due to looking dry/opaque without having the rich pack of color that matte lipsticks usually give (NYX matte lipstick for example).

I know the color will last pretty much all day but i have to put some lip balm on a couple of hours in to give the lipstick some moisture and to really make your lips look fuller and... healthier?

Also.. worth noting, in my NC35 skin and washed out lips, this is almost a pink/mauve. Again, NOT a nude or soft pink.

I still very much like it, and use it, and will continue to buy more Rimmel Mattes (red packaging) cause the colors are truly beautiful and they are very easy to wear.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pulled this out of my stash while re-vamping my makeup supplies.

While this is a pretty shade, very natural and very flattering I would say especially for light to light/medium skin tones (although many skin tones may be able to wear this), and the pigmentation is definitely there, I just can't get past the drying aspect of this and how it accentuates the lines in my lips (getting older now, 45 years old, so stuff like that is often taken into consideration). And I just can't get past the smell of these. Just to me it is a strong chemical smell that lingers for a while after application. It is a shame because it is a pretty shade. Won't repurchase. If they change the formula so it is not drying, maybe, but then I suppose it would not be the same pretty shade. Anyway, not a fave of mine. If it did not dry my lips and did not settle into my lines and did not smell like a chemical, I would gladly give this 5 stars. It does have lasting power as well, but it is just so very drying, at least for me. And for me to apply lip balm before or a gloss afterwards to me takes away from the shade. But I find this to be true with a lot of Rimmel lipsticks, drying, settles into lines and with strong chemical smells. It's a shame, because they do have some very pretty shades!!