Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

Filtered by age: 44-55
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

This is the perfect nude for people who can't pull off nudes! Very flattering on my fair-medium skin tone. Makes teeth look really white too!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pulled this out of my stash while re-vamping my makeup supplies.

While this is a pretty shade, very natural and very flattering I would say especially for light to light/medium skin tones (although many skin tones may be able to wear this), and the pigmentation is definitely there, I just can't get past the drying aspect of this and how it accentuates the lines in my lips (getting older now, 45 years old, so stuff like that is often taken into consideration). And I just can't get past the smell of these. Just to me it is a strong chemical smell that lingers for a while after application. It is a shame because it is a pretty shade. Won't repurchase. If they change the formula so it is not drying, maybe, but then I suppose it would not be the same pretty shade. Anyway, not a fave of mine. If it did not dry my lips and did not settle into my lines and did not smell like a chemical, I would gladly give this 5 stars. It does have lasting power as well, but it is just so very drying, at least for me. And for me to apply lip balm before or a gloss afterwards to me takes away from the shade. But I find this to be true with a lot of Rimmel lipsticks, drying, settles into lines and with strong chemical smells. It's a shame, because they do have some very pretty shades!!

on 12/22/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wanted to like this based on the good reviews but didn't care for it. The deal breaker for me is that it migrates to the outer edges of my lips and looks dry and uneven. Very few lipsticks have ever done that on me but it sure looks cheap and bad. I could possibly see blotting this to just a stain to make it work, but most likely I'll return it.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've always been a fan of long-wear lipsticks but never liked how dry they made my lips feel. I'd read a bunch of favorable reviews for this lipstick from Rimmel and thought if it didn't work out, I could always pass it along to a friend.

This is a keeper! Not only does the color flatter my ultra-pale skin, it also lasts without drying my lips out. I do reapply after eating just to keep it looking nice so I can't speak to any claims of it lasting 6 hours or so. But I do like it and think I'm gonna go back for a couple more tubes of this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Would I repurchase? Yes, already have, in fact. I am amazed that I never reviewed this before now. This was the first color I bought in these lipsticks when they first came out...two years ago?

I rarely call anything HG because every single day I am looking for something a bit different in my look, but IF I had to pick one lipstick to have, and only one, this would be it. For me it's an always-works, always-looks-good, always-easy-to-wear color. It's pinky-brownish, but definitely not nude. Maybe for some it's their natural lip color, but you can definitely see that I have something on, but it's never too bright or too anything. It works with any makeup color look I choose. So, chameleon-like, yes? Actually, I think this might be in the color range of MAC Twig or Mehr, but I have not swatched it, so can't say for sure. I doubt it's an exact dupe anyway because the formula is definitely not the same as MAC lipsticks.

For reference, I am fair-medium, cool undertones, blue eyes, MAC NW18 ish, dyed red hair (heavy on the red-violet). T

It comes in a great red tube, typical old-school-style, but the red makes it easy to find in my purse! The lid locks on, as you'd expect, so no surprise goo-messes. I wear a balm or lip primer under every lip product I wear, and I'd recommend you do that with this one. It has plenty of slip on its own but can feel just a tad dry. And yes, it is fragranced. I am not bothered by fragrances in things much so it doesn't bother me. I can certainly smell it, but it's a light sweet-sour, maybe fruity smell, so you might want to check to see if it bothers you. Some here have mentioned that it's grainy feeling. I will agree but I will also say that that is not true with every tube I've had. It's slight anyway, and doesn't show on your lips.

Pigmentation is good. I usually get tube color in one swipe. It lasts the normal amount of time, 2-3 hours if you eat or drink. Nothing terrible there. It has a matte finish which is lovely. No shimmer, no shine, but also looks amazing with a dot of clear gloss added if you prefer. I have not used it with a liner, and have never felt I needed to (although I *am* making a trip to the drugstore today, so might just look for one...not because I need it, but just because...you understand, I'm sure). I've never had a problem with this bleeding. Ever. It goes where you put it and stays there.

So, yeah, if I could only have one single lipstick ever again, this would be it. (Although honestly, ONE lipstick ever again? The thought makes me sad. I do love lip color...and eye color...and cheek color...)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Liked the colour and the staying power but my lips felt a bit dry.