Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser

4.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid - 0.5 (Acne Medication)Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Dimethicone, Methyl Gluceth-20, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, BHT, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit)

Nice and light texture, easy to apply, leaves a fresh and lovely feeling on the skin but also tingles a bit which might become an issue in the long run. Smells so good and doesn't block my pores, as promised. A new summer favorite. Packaging is pretty but keeps falling over because of the narrow shape of the tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So I have both versions of this moisturizer, this one (which I prefer) which I got in London and the oil-free acne version from the states that has a pump bottle. This one is better for just a few reasons: it has a higher amount of glycerin so it is thicker and spreads really nicely and the menthol in it is slightly stronger to me. However, it's a much smaller bottle so I go through it much faster. I do love this moisturizer for when my skin is acting up. The smell is wonderful and fresh and honestly one of my favorite things about it. It doesn't irritate or dry out my sensitive skin, even when I use it twice a day, and it absorbs really quickly. It does help with my minor breakouts when I use it consistently. I just wish the visibly clear version had a bigger tube but otherwise it's perfect. Love this stuff!

Possibly the worst moisturiser I've ever tried. It felt fine at first, but gradually my skin felt more and more irritated, and after three weeks or so it was covered in tiny spots all over! I never had such a reaction to a skincare product before... be careful!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great oil free moisturizer. It dries to a satin finish. It feels like a primer and a moisturizer all in one. My face is a greasy nightmare so for winter this is good for me.

Hi Guys!

OMG...this is THE BEST oil free moisturiser I have tried in a long time! I have oily to combination skin and have been wearing the 'Nivea daily essentials oil free moisturising day cream' for the passed few years. I loved that cream but just felt that recently, it wasn't doing anything for my skin. So I searched online to find an alternative. Then I stumbled across the Neutrogena one. I have been using it for about a month now and really do love it because...

*It feels fresh, cool and calming on the skin - like when you brush your teeth and they feel all fresh!
*It smells lovely :)
*The texture feels nice.
*It dries pretty well leaving your skin slightly 'tacky', just what you need for when you apply your makeup.
*It moisturises your dry patches.
*Does not feel greasy.
*Works well with liquid foundations.
*Works well with primers.
*Price was a bargain at Boots - two bottles/tubes for £5!!

I have already been back to Boots and bought more! I defo would recommend this moisturiser if you have oily/combination skin.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have using it for a few days and I already like it. I bought it on sale and was skeptical at first since it's oil-free and I have dry skin. But I tried this and it is amazing. It makes my skin feel fresh and smooth. It doesn't dry out my skin at all and it isn't greasy either. Hasn't break me out yet :D

This is surprisingly an amazing base for make up. Being a beauty nerd I have been known to take a picture on my morning and evening commute (this is shared with no one!) to see how my make up has lasted and see what needs improving. This is the ultimate test for the quality of make up because the lighting is hideous.
And this I can confirm passes the longevity test! By 6 PM my foundation is looking just as fresh as it was at 9 am.
You need a fairly sizeable lump of this stuff to fully cover your face as it sinks in quickly. It also has this lovely refreshing tingly sensation which lasts for a few hours after application which made my face feel really fresh. It's a bit like the feeling on your skin that original source shower gel gives!
The only down side of this product it the lack of spf. It's so important for my skin it would probably prevent me from rebuying however would work for a night out base!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Amazing product !! Feels like an actual moisturiser and not just a gel - skin actually feels hydrated with this on. Dries down to a nice finish and also wears excellently under make up.

I feel since using this it has definitely reduced my oil production and after 2 days already noticed a reduction of tiny inflamed/bumoy pores (that eventually turn into spots) on my forehead.

Excellent so far!

UPDATE:

I am on my third bottle now and I would die without this. Works better than any clinique moisturiser i have tried (got loads of samples recently) and keeps my skin calm.

One way I use this product that might not be so well known is using it as a medium for things. I mix in highlighting pigment with this to create a GORGEOUS liquid highlight that dries down to a matte finish and lastssss honey. I do that less because I got the becca SSP but damn. Also adding it to foundations when I want more of a tinted moisturiser and can't use actual tinted moisturiser because they never come fair enough for me.

If you want to get a bit more moisture out of this I would definitely recommend applying this to a damp face - i seray the avenue thermal spring water mist and then apply this a few seconds later and boom glides on and face feels a lot more moisturised.

Other than retinol products, I've never tried Neutrogena moisturizers until this one. Honestly, I never thought I'd like this so much, and it was my go-to summer moisturizer. I have oily, dehydrated skin and for the last two years, I've also had a terrible time keeping my skin clear. I used this in conjunction with La Roche Posay's Effaclar K and on its own, and I have been really happy with how well this stuff moisturizes. The consistency of the product is quite thin and it's oil free, so I was pretty skeptical of how well it would moisturize, but it did a great job. Unfortunately, it's not heavy enough for the Canadian winters, so I think I'll only be able to use this in the Spring/Summer months, but still. I bought this in the 118 ml pump bottle, which has lasted me about 6 months. This has been a great find, and I'll continue to repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have both dry and acne-prone skin, so it's really tricky to find products that will keep my face hydrated without causing more breakouts. I really thought that this moisturizer could keep my skin balanced, but it disappointed and my skin is still dry and flaky. However, my breakouts DID clear up and some of my acne scars have faded which is amazing. I've been using this with Spectro gel (at night), Bioderma's Hydrabio micellar water (in the morning), and Pond's citrus exfoliating makeup-remover cleansing wipes. I also have been prescribed differin and a hydrocortisone cream, so maybe these products are contributing to the dryness. Overall I give this product a solid 3 because, though it is not moisturizing enough for my needs, it didn't make me break out, smells delightful, and helped fade some of my hyper-pigmentation.