Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 005 Silky Beige

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 005 Silky Beige

3.8

I purchased this product yesterday because I had finally hit the pan on my pricier powder compact, and needed to touch up a bit before work.

Some background: I have combination skin, I don't wear foundation, but instead generally use loose powder and concealer, or BB cream if I really feel like I need extra coverage.

By 12:30, after my morning classes at college, I was a little shiny, and reached for the Stay Matte. It matched my skin tone very well (maybe a hair too warm, but not noticeable), and felt nice and silky on my skin.

Then I put it to the test: I work at a daycare with kindergarteners, so I'm running around after them and sweating a lot, especially if I take them outside to play. Even after all of that, when I got home, my face was still mostly matte and imperfections were still covered. That's a pretty big feat for drugstore pressed powder!

The only reason I took off one lippie is that I thought this was a compact (because I was in a rush and probably didn't look to carefully, which was my own fault) and I wish it had come with a sponge for application. But, no big deal- I used a spare sponge I had laying around and used the front-camera on my phone as a mirror!

on 8/18/2014 8:48:00 PM

For the price of this product, it is really good.
It really matifies your face and helps set your conealer and BB creams (I don't use foundations)
Will recomment touch ups every few hours, but I usually can get through a day without touching up and I have combination skin.
It also lasts very long. I use it pretty much everyday and have been for the past few months and have yet to hit pan. This is my second purchase and despite trying all the other higher end powders, this is my fall back choice. Can never really go wrong with this powder. Doesnt break my out either.

I have yet to try transparent.. but I am impressed with the silky beige one. ( I am usually a NC20 for Mac and Sand for Bobbi Brown)

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/18/2014 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. It does exactly what it says and no more or no less. I buy the clear ones because I find the beige a bit too orange. Rimmel is so widely affordable I have no problem re purchasing this :)

on 12/31/2013 11:27:00 AM

I love the look of this when I first put it on, and just have to reapply it throughout the day, every 4-5 hours or so (so it does live up what it says - up to 5 hours shine control). I feel that other powders I have had have lasted longer, but the price of this will probably keep me coming back.

on 12/27/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This makes my face matte and flawless throughout the whole day! It's great, a little drying but it's great!

on 8/25/2013 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is another great cosmetic that I buy time and time again. Use this compact powder over the top of the Garnier BB cream to get rid of the shine. For people with oily skin this works amazing because it stops that mid-day "glow" that you might often experience. There isn't anything mind blowing about it but if your looking for a cheap effective powder I'd give this a go.

I bought this product about 2 months ago to use during the summer to use the matte to keep my face from being shiny. The powder leaves a little bit of a powdery look but not to much that its incredibly noticeable, I do like this product but i would like to try others before i say i love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I didn't really have high expectations, but I was really satisfied about this powder because it was my first time that I found a powder that actually matched perfectly to my skin color.
It really does a good job on setting my makeup and giving that flawless finish. Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about this product other than the cap could have been better.

on 4/25/2013 2:22:00 PM

Not mad on this product. Leaves a very visibile powder residue on your face which i odnt think looks great Does an alright job at coontrolling shine on my t-zone but im sure theres much better products out there

on 3/14/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a wonderful basic powder. This color which is a warm yellow matches my warm light skin perfectly. It gets rid of the shine and doesnt leave a powdery residue. Ill get this wonderful product again.