Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

3.4

Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Magnesium Silicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Triethylhexanoin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/29/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This powder does not cater to light skinned girls and doesn't last. When first applied, the powder makes skin look airbrushed and nice so I wish it stayed that way and there was a better color match.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not impressive. Not good stuff. I have dry skin, and this emphasizes that big time. It doesn't make your skin look smooth, healthy, or even. It makes your skin look dry and it emphasizes imperfections (even if I moisturize and/or prime like a madwoman). I mean it's not totally horrible, the color was a great match and it didn't look cakey, but that's about it for the pros. There were a lot more cons than pros with this powder. When first applied it was okay, but throughout the day I find myself looking in the mirror and thinking that my skin just looks crappy. Dull, pores emphasized (and I don't even have large pores), it just does nothing for my skin. I've used it for about 6 months because honestly I was lazy lol and I wasn't sure what other powder I should get. I've settled on the ever-so-popular Laura Mercier translucent setting powder, and am so excited to finally have a nice powder, because I am soooo done with this powder. Honestly, it just sucks. Does nothing for your skin. Doesn't make it luminous, smooth, healthy-looking, soft, more even toned, it hardly even sets your makeup. I feel like by the end of the day it makes my face a little itchy too. Don't bother with this one!

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/24/2015 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Unless you have a perfect canvas of skin (zero fine lines, nonexistent pores, etc) this is so not the powder makeup for you. I bought this because I needed a full coverage powder that would set my foundation well and conceal my acne/blemishes. I typically use powder foundations because it gives me that extra coverage that foundation sometimes lacks. I will add that this product it does do a pretty decent job of concealing those types of imperfections, which I was kind enough to give one star for. However, the problem is, it looks like I have on TONS of makeup. And for me, the idea isn't to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. On top of it looking totally caked on, every single fine line, crevice and pore was completely visible. It actually brought out lines that I never even knew I had. Yeah, I'm thinking they skipped the quality control testing on this one. I'll just stick to using my 'CG Ready Set Gorgeous Powder Foundation'.

on 9/21/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great product but a little expensive for a drugstore brand. The powder is soft and creamy. It blends very well and helps the Liquid BB from the same brand to stay on whole day. I use Medium to Dark and it does give me some color.

on 8/28/2015 1:19:00 PM

I'm giving this product a 3 because of it's SHEEN effect. Sometimes I like the sheen sometimes I don't. It's a BB product. I love the color (and I'm medium). It's not yellow, orange, too brown, it's just right. It also has sunscreen and it covers well with one brush on. You could use this by itself without foundation and it looks great. It won't cover sunspots or dark spots on your face, obviously.

I bought this product because I really needed a talc free powder as I just moved to Europe and the brand I use in the U.S. isn't available here. I usually hear good things about PF so I bought this powder and a bronzer and blush to try out. I will never buy PF products again.

I'll start with the two positives: coverage and color. It covers hyper pigmentation very well and the color somehow perfectly matches your skin tone. I was very skeptical when I went to buy it as there was only one shade available. The saleslady assured me it would adjust to my skin tone and lo and behold it did just that. However everything else about this product is horrific and far outweighs those two good points.

I noticed as soon as I put it on the first time that it seemed to settle strangely on the parts of my face with thicker skin, like forehead, around the nose and chin. Like other users have said, it seems to highlight my pores and make them look bigger. But the main reason why I hate this product is that IMMEDIATELY after putting it on I look incredibly shiny and oily. I'm usually pretty oily so I thought maybe I was just going through a very oily spell and I even bought two different mattifiers to try thinking it must be a mattifier problem. But now I know it's this powder. It picks up every pore and and every bit of oil and magnifies it to the extreme. After an hour with it on, I feel like I do after a full day with other powders. I can't wait to wash my face!

Because I'm not made of money, I will use this product until I finish it before buying another powder, but I can't wait to finish this and fortunately after just one month I think it will be used up soon. Until that time I'm just using it on my cheeks, that's where my scarring and pigmentation is mainly located and the powder seems to be ok on that part of my face.

on 1/20/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is really good! I got it to wear over the bb cream, which is great for full coverage, but I realized it still looks amazing alone. It controls oil well, covers like a powder foundation should, and best of all it doesn't break me out. This and the bb cream are my go to foundations because they look good, feel good, and I can trust them. The colors are very limited, but they seem to blend in to match my skin anyway. I like that this is fast and easy, I don't use the brush it comes with, I use the flat elf sponges to apply in the morning(fuller coverage) and then blot and use the elf powder brush to touch up midday.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Physicians Formula makes my fave DS powders. I got Light/Med surely thinking this would be too dark but with a light hand done with a BareMinerals brush but surprisingly this isn't too dark. It seems to have a tinge of shimmer to it/dewy finish but I like it a lot. Wish they offered more color selections in their powders in general but this works! The packaging is kind of bulky but cheap but at least comes w a mirror & applicator so it's travel friendly except that it takes up unnecessary room by being so bulky.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

idk about this product...I got medium/deep and idk. I used the brush included and a powder puff from another compact.. and..I dnt like it. it makes me look too pale. and I can usually pull off powder in a paler then usual color. it feels...Heavy on my skin. it also feels a bit..greasy? I ve tried to use this a few different ways..and I'm going to start TRYING to use it with some other brushes still.. but..I don't know. I love the packaging..maybe bcuz its a tad sparkly and gaudy..lol..this is one of the reasons I decided to get it. other then that.. I am unsure. I don't want to say I hate it just yet..well..yes--maybe I do so far. but I ll try it a couple more times..then back to the returns counter it will go :-/ another thing.. its not matte..its kinda glowy. I dnt like that as I already have oily skin. I think this would work GREAT for someone with combination skin or maybe dry skin..but on my poor skin it just feels heavy and it looks awful :-(

on 8/11/2014 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This came in a 3-pack with a BB liquid and highlighter which were good. But the BB powder is horrible! I've tried it numerous times, thinking when I tried it last it just might have been an "off" day for me. No, I was right. Unflatteringly, it hightlights my bags and pores, with a pale sickly shimmer and makes me look like an extra in a horror movie! It's just the weirdest thing!!!