Chanel Blush brush 4

3.8

I paid 75 dollars for this absolute piece of crap???... Made the mistake of being suckered into visting the chanel counter at Macy's.(God forbid you just want to browse.,. no, that is not allowed.. ).. Left the chanel counter out 400 dollars.. Overpriced CRAP.. I will save my Chanel reviews for the other CRAP I bought and place them in the correct category... The very aggressive Chanel sales lady basically made me feel that I would be an utter FOOL if I did not buy the Chanel blush brush. She kept on harping on the fact that the brush will last forever.. Of course, the price never came up in discussion. .. I went home and used this "miracle" blush brush.. RIP OFF.. hairs from the brush ALL OVER MY FACE.. I looked liked I had a disease..i looked like chubaka (sp?) from Star Wars.. had to spend 20 minutes with a tweezer plucking these hairs off my face.. HORRIBLE

A really dense blush brush which is really soft even after cleaning it never loses its shape.
Takes up just the right amount of product. It comes in its own velour pouch and box so looks very elegant.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a new edition of their blush brush. I think it came out sometime in 2012.
I'm not sure what the hair is made of, but it's definitely natural, probably goat.
The brush itself is dense, pliable and very soft to the touch, but not as soft as synthetic brushes.
However, it applies powder products so much better than synthetic brushes. For reference, I used the Ecotools blush brush before, as well as the Everyday Minerals kabuki. Both were nice, but Chanel is excellent.
Not because I'm a snob who only thinks expensive products are better, but because this really blends my blush better, makes my powder less cakey and generally distributes all powder products in a different way.
With synthetic brushes, it was hard to blend blushes, but with this even the most pigmented ones (e.g. Illamasqua) go on like a dream.
My powders used to look a bit heavy on my face, but the Chanel brush helps me use less products which in turn makes powders look more natural and even blurs some of my minor imperfections.
Also the size is excellent for so many things: blush, bronzer, contour, powder.

The only downside is that it sheds. The first week it shed about 10 hairs in total, then it started losing one hair per application and after about 2 -3 weeks it stopped. The loss is not so big that it became less dense, but it's still very annoying, especially because this is not a chep brush by any standards.

I'm not sure I would recommend it. Although it performs wonderfully, I still think there might be some equally good, non-sheding brushes out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This I will totally recommend. It does not shed, it is relatively small and it is flat. It picks up stiffer blush effortlessly and is excellent for small or narrow stripe pans in travel palettes. It's perfect for contouring your cheeks and highlighting. It has a good bounce and I am totally happy with it.

Actually I've had this brush for over a year now and I don't know why I haven't reviewed it yet. The reason why I was attracted to this brush was because of the shape and size. Its flat but still fluffy, and its on the smaller size which makes it very versatile. You can get a more precise application because of the size, and the shape means that you can pat the blush on, you can sweep blush on, and you also have the option to swirl the blush on. The shape makes it also very good for controlled application of powder (i.e. T-zone) and highlighter. The packaging is beautiful (standard for Chanel). Its a simple, classic sleek design and it comes with a velvet pouch which is very handy for travel. It is made of natural hairs (I think goat) and and it is not the softest. It does a very good job of diffusing blush, so it gives a wonderful flawless result. The caveat is that it sheds which is a little disappointing since it is not a cheap product. The shedding and softness factors leave me yearning more so while I can live with this one for now, I will probably want to find a better option in the future (Hakuhodo maybe??!!).

Popular Makeup Brushes