MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment  Essence
Time Revolution First Treatment  EssenceTime Revolution First Treatment  Essence

Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (80%), Propanediol,Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice Root Extract ), Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Raffinose, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Tromethamine, Water, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/24/2018 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This makes my skin brighter, makes it look more even and gives it a glow. Since I've been using this I've also had a big reduction in break outs--I never seem to get them anymore. I really like this stuff.

I also have the purple Missha Essence as well, but I wasn't finding that it was doing anything at all, and I missed the way my face looked from using this one, so I switched back to this.

I'm not a huge fan of this style of bottle though because it feels messy when I drop some onto my hands. It would be nice if it came in a spray of some sort, although since it's a bit sticky maybe there would be the possibility of clogging up the spray bottle.

on 3/18/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Pros:
- Skin looks brighter.
- Not expensive as SK-II treatment essence.
- Does not contain paraben.
- Nice glass packaging (purchased a while ago).

Con:
- Contains Phenoxyethanol - for those are avoiding it.

It does take a few uses to see the results, so be patient :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First Treatment Essence is one of those products that feel unnecessary, like it's not doing much. But when you skip it for a few days, you lose a bit of your glow. I bought my second bottle recently. I used Secret Key FTE in between those bottles of Missha. That one is nice too, slightly more moisturizing with a stronger scent, but the Missha feels more luxe.

i have always wanted to try sk2 but because of the price and smell I always end up trying different things. Long have I heard Missha has a dupe of Sk2 and they happened to have a wonderful set now with the ampoules so I thought of giving it a try.

I have used it for 2 weeks now and can tell that my skin is more crystal clear than before, my pores got smaller and my makeup fits nicer on my face.I poured generously on a cotton pad and wiped gently all over my face and neck 2 times a day before my serum and cream, and it’s left with roughly 3/4 now (after 14days of use).

I saw some comments saying they only use a few drops a time and don’t see any results, that’s probably because they don’t use enough product to show the effects. And some said using generously and the product can last for 9 months?! That doesn’t make sense too.

I think this product can last for at most 3 months with my using method. That’s a reasonable time for the price I paid. Will continue using until I find something better and more cost effective.

on 2/18/2018 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice add in to my morning routine, I would not say my skin cannot do without it or that it has done amazing things to my it, but it brings extra moisture. I only apply it in the morning after cleansing and before moisturiser, I just put a few drops in my palm and spread it on my face, I do not use a pad so I do not waste product and I do not see the point of creating more waste i general, it goes in quickly and leaves a slightly shiny and sticky face, however this goes well under moisturiser and make up. Also, the bottle will last me for over a year so for that amount the price is good. I will not buy SK II, if it does the same thing as this one, it is not worth the price.My review is conditioned by the price also, if this would cost 180 dollars, it would not be worth it, it is not a miracle worker.

on 12/19/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After reading Caroline Hiron's post about toning twice, first with an acid toner and second with a hydrating toner, I decided to try this essence. I typically tone with Pixi Glow tonic, then follow with this essence. (AM only with Pixi) I apply 3 drops of Missha TFRE to my palms and press on my face. Then I will use my fingers to pat in for about 30 seconds. I have used this twice daily for about 3 months, and I'm just about 1/3 through with the bottle. Should last about 9-12 months. I personally like that it is a glass bottle, less risk of plastic leaching into product. Plus I think it feels more high end in a glass bottle. After the 3 months of use, my skin is definitely more hydrated. I purchase this via Target.com. My local Target only offers the spray version of the essence, but from a cost standpoint you get more product in this bottle.

Update: starting applying this to a sheet mask...wow skin is super soft, hydrated and almost bouncy. Great to use as a treatment mask essence.

on 12/11/2017 7:45:00 PM

This made a difference to my skin fairly fast. My skin was more moisturized, smoother and looked brighter. Just 2-3 drops have to be applied, which means the bottle lasted 9 months with twice daily use for 2 adults. Great investment!

on 11/24/2017 3:36:00 PM

What is essence? I sure as hell didn't know about a year ago. I did my homework. Everyone online was raving about the SK-II essence that retails for $179 at Sephora for 5.4 oz. At that price point, I was about to have a heart attack. Thankfully, there is an affordable dupe called the Missha Time Revolution Essence which retails for $24.98 on amazon.com for 5.07 oz or 150 ml. I have had my bottle for a little less than a year and am at the bottom of the bottle. It lasts a long time! Essence is a liquid made of active skin-loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and natural extracts in order to balance the pH of your skin and leave it hydrated. It is NOT a toner.

The Missha Time Revolution Essence comes in a tall, skinny bottle made of glass. the design is simplistic and attractive. Take the cap off and it is just a small hole where liquid comes out. In my skincare routine, I put on the essence right before applying my last step which is moisturizer. Some people apply with a cotton pad, but I don't want to use more cotton pads than I already do. I pour a small amount on my hand and then pat it into the skin. I pay extra attention to my cheeks and forehead. While the essence dries, I apply eye cream. When it is finally dry, I lock all of those amazing ingredients in with a moisturizer. I honestly cannot imagine my skincare routine without this product, and I honestly believe it has kept my skin looking glowy, healthy, and younger.

I put this essence into a small spray bottle for traveling, but it broke while I am away from home! I am going to have to wait to get home before I can use it again. I have been living without the essence for a few weeks and can't stand it! My skin is dryer and might not be absorbing products well without the essence. I also see that my skin looks duller without the essence, so I honestly think this product is a game-changer. Please keep in mind that when you purchase this product, you will see a MOIST version. Some people online do not find the MOIST formula to be as good, so just be mindful. If you have nothing to compare it to, then please give it a shot!

on 11/3/2017 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This review is for the 3rd formulation, the Missha First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist.

I bought this in San Francisco (Japantown) last December and I remember the weather being really dry and cold. While this usually retails for $49, I bought it for $35. It didn't help back then with my skin - it was still dehydrated since I didn't use a moisturizer in conjunction with this hydrating toner. Now that I live in a hot and humid country, it is sufficient alone to meet my needs. This is a good product illustrating the example of how in one case it may not be helpful but in another, immensely so.

Most moisturizers cause me to form whiteheads, but the conundrum is that my skin still needs moisture to balance out the amount of actives I use on a daily basis. And this is where this toner comes to play. It hydrates my skin without being greasy or heavy, which is really important because I have clog prone, oily skin and I happen to use an alcohol-heavy chemical sunscreen everyday.

My skin feels smooth and soft to the touch after I apply generous amounts to a cotton pad and swipe all over my face. I usually use this after washing my face, taking a shower, or whenever my skin feels really dry.

Packaging is not travel friendly and I would strongly suggest to take caution as the bottle is made of glass. The amount does last forever, and yes I would repurchase.

Note: Although it has niacinamide in the formulation, I do not believe it plays a major difference in lightening pigmentation, this 4 stars vs 5 stars.

on 10/30/2017 5:37:00 PM

This is an excellent product for its price. It gives my skin an extra pop of hydration in my routine which it appreciates even though I don't really have super dry skin - it just gets a little dehydrated in the colder months. I definitely feel like my skin has more glow since I started using this, it's evened out my skin tone slightly and the texture in my skin has definitely improved. I feel like it does what it's supposed to do which is help my other skincare products sink in a little better.

I love the thin, watery consistency that absorbs easily. It hasn't been agitating on the skin and it fits perfectly in with my routine. There is no scent to it which surprised me since it has such a high concentration of yeast extracts, but I'm not complaining! I love the ingredients in it, especially the fact that it has niacinamide in it which is great for brightening. It also has a small amount of Lactic Acid in it which my skin always loves, but not enough to use as an exfoliator.

Overall, really pleased with this product. It's a pleasure to use. The only real downside is the huge glass bottle packaging which is a pain to travel with and feels a bit bulky when using it.