MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment  Essence
Time Revolution First Treatment  EssenceTime Revolution First Treatment  Essence

Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (80%), Propanediol,Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice Root Extract ), Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Raffinose, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Tromethamine, Water, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/19/2017 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After reading Caroline Hiron's post about toning twice, first with an acid toner and second with a hydrating toner, I decided to try this essence. I typically tone with Pixi Glow tonic, then follow with this essence. (AM only with Pixi) I apply 3 drops of Missha TFRE to my palms and press on my face. Then I will use my fingers to pat in for about 30 seconds. I have used this twice daily for about 3 months, and I'm just about 1/3 through with the bottle. Should last about 9-12 months. I personally like that it is a glass bottle, less risk of plastic leaching into product. Plus I think it feels more high end in a glass bottle. After the 3 months of use, my skin is definitely more hydrated. I purchase this via Target.com. My local Target only offers the spray version of the essence, but from a cost standpoint you get more product in this bottle.

Update: starting applying this to a sheet mask...wow skin is super soft, hydrated and almost bouncy. Great to use as a treatment mask essence.

on 12/11/2017 7:45:00 PM

This made a difference to my skin fairly fast. My skin was more moisturized, smoother and looked brighter. Just 2-3 drops have to be applied, which means the bottle lasted 9 months with twice daily use for 2 adults. Great investment!

on 11/24/2017 3:36:00 PM

What is essence? I sure as hell didn't know about a year ago. I did my homework. Everyone online was raving about the SK-II essence that retails for $179 at Sephora for 5.4 oz. At that price point, I was about to have a heart attack. Thankfully, there is an affordable dupe called the Missha Time Revolution Essence which retails for $24.98 on amazon.com for 5.07 oz or 150 ml. I have had my bottle for a little less than a year and am at the bottom of the bottle. It lasts a long time! Essence is a liquid made of active skin-loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and natural extracts in order to balance the pH of your skin and leave it hydrated. It is NOT a toner.

The Missha Time Revolution Essence comes in a tall, skinny bottle made of glass. the design is simplistic and attractive. Take the cap off and it is just a small hole where liquid comes out. In my skincare routine, I put on the essence right before applying my last step which is moisturizer. Some people apply with a cotton pad, but I don't want to use more cotton pads than I already do. I pour a small amount on my hand and then pat it into the skin. I pay extra attention to my cheeks and forehead. While the essence dries, I apply eye cream. When it is finally dry, I lock all of those amazing ingredients in with a moisturizer. I honestly cannot imagine my skincare routine without this product, and I honestly believe it has kept my skin looking glowy, healthy, and younger.

I put this essence into a small spray bottle for traveling, but it broke while I am away from home! I am going to have to wait to get home before I can use it again. I have been living without the essence for a few weeks and can't stand it! My skin is dryer and might not be absorbing products well without the essence. I also see that my skin looks duller without the essence, so I honestly think this product is a game-changer. Please keep in mind that when you purchase this product, you will see a MOIST version. Some people online do not find the MOIST formula to be as good, so just be mindful. If you have nothing to compare it to, then please give it a shot!

on 11/3/2017 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This review is for the 3rd formulation, the Missha First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist.

I bought this in San Francisco (Japantown) last December and I remember the weather being really dry and cold. While this usually retails for $49, I bought it for $35. It didn't help back then with my skin - it was still dehydrated since I didn't use a moisturizer in conjunction with this hydrating toner. Now that I live in a hot and humid country, it is sufficient alone to meet my needs. This is a good product illustrating the example of how in one case it may not be helpful but in another, immensely so.

Most moisturizers cause me to form whiteheads, but the conundrum is that my skin still needs moisture to balance out the amount of actives I use on a daily basis. And this is where this toner comes to play. It hydrates my skin without being greasy or heavy, which is really important because I have clog prone, oily skin and I happen to use an alcohol-heavy chemical sunscreen everyday.

My skin feels smooth and soft to the touch after I apply generous amounts to a cotton pad and swipe all over my face. I usually use this after washing my face, taking a shower, or whenever my skin feels really dry.

Packaging is not travel friendly and I would strongly suggest to take caution as the bottle is made of glass. The amount does last forever, and yes I would repurchase.

Note: Although it has niacinamide in the formulation, I do not believe it plays a major difference in lightening pigmentation, this 4 stars vs 5 stars.

on 10/30/2017 5:37:00 PM

This is an excellent product for its price. It gives my skin an extra pop of hydration in my routine which it appreciates even though I don't really have super dry skin - it just gets a little dehydrated in the colder months. I definitely feel like my skin has more glow since I started using this, it's evened out my skin tone slightly and the texture in my skin has definitely improved. I feel like it does what it's supposed to do which is help my other skincare products sink in a little better.

I love the thin, watery consistency that absorbs easily. It hasn't been agitating on the skin and it fits perfectly in with my routine. There is no scent to it which surprised me since it has such a high concentration of yeast extracts, but I'm not complaining! I love the ingredients in it, especially the fact that it has niacinamide in it which is great for brightening. It also has a small amount of Lactic Acid in it which my skin always loves, but not enough to use as an exfoliator.

Overall, really pleased with this product. It's a pleasure to use. The only real downside is the huge glass bottle packaging which is a pain to travel with and feels a bit bulky when using it.

This essence cause me break out šŸ˜ šŸ˜”šŸ˜µ

on 8/3/2017 12:06:00 AM

Alredy tried this essence almost 5m. I can't said this is dupe of SKII because I've never tried SKII before. After using this essence, i just can feel a little bit glowing but not hydrated for my normal to dry skin. I hate big glass packaging for travel, but I can forgive for this one. And i don't want to purchase these product, bcause i just feel 'glow'.

on 8/2/2017 9:05:00 AM

I recently tried the Missha Treatment Essence, and Iā€™m not too impressed with it so far. My skin does feel more hydrated, but it also broke me out a bit. It's often compared to the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, but I personally think the Missha Treatment Essence cannot be compared to the SK-II. Missha does not produce the same glow SK-II does. However, I've only used it for a few weeks so far, and Iā€™m still continuing it to see if that changes! I usually pour 5-6 drops on a cotton pad and pat it on my face.
If the product works for your skin and doesn't cause any breakouts, the price is well worth it. I purchased it for $50CAD, been using it for 4 weeks and there's barely a dent. I can easily see it lasting 9 months.
Here is my current review on it. I will follow up with an update soon.

on 7/25/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't think this is worth the extra time and money it adds to my skincare routine. I don't see a drastic change in my skin. It's very watery so I dump some out into my hands and pat it in. It has no scent and adds hydration. That's about all it does. It just adds hydration. I do like to pack this on before a sheet mask to really boost moisture and plumpness in my skin. Not a bad product, just not worth it for me.

on 7/19/2017 3:12:00 PM

So I love this product, and hands down have seen a huge difference in my skin's complexion, texture, and overall brightness and health. I think that this is a great dupe for SK-II and you get a fair amount of value for the amount you spend on the essence.

If you're new to essences and korean skincare I think starting with this essence is a great start! I don't see how it would irritate or have any adverse effects on your skin as I have very sensitive skin (eczema, thin skin, overall delicate and sensitive af) but this did not irritate my skin at all. It does not have any overpowering scents in it and overall my skin is happier and healthier after using this!

The only reason why I did not give the product 4 stars (instead of 5) is because of MISSHA the company ITSELF. I ordered a bunch of skincare products off of their website and it took 3 WEEKS for it to ship to me, but (the kicker) it's not even here yet! MISSHA on their side input my information incorrectly so Fedex shipped to the wrong place. Their customer service was TERRIBLE and they did not try to help the situation at all. I am still waiting for my package, and even though I love the brand and their products, NEVER ship from their website. They're slow responding to customer complaints, clearly not careful inputting your information, and it takes ages for your package to arrive. Totally unimpressed.