MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

MISSHA  Time Revolution First Treatment  Essence
Time Revolution First Treatment  EssenceTime Revolution First Treatment  Essence

Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (80%), Propanediol,Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice Root Extract ), Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Raffinose, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Tromethamine, Water, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/28/2017 10:42:00 AM

I bought this essence because so many reviewers said it was a more affordable dupe for SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, but I am sorry to say that this is not the case for me. I`ve been using and loving SK-II for years, and searching for years for a cheaper alternative. Sadly, this is not it. Whatever SK-II does, that luminosity and clarity which it adds to my skin, I haven`t seen that after a month of use of MISSHA`s essence. And I think this is because not all sake lees are created equal: my friend and I live near the sake breweries where P&G gets its lees to make the Facial Treatment Essence, so because we are trained chemists, we`ve attempted to make our own. Most sake breweries are willing to sell their lees, in fact they have a stand in their stores selling it because it can be used to make food in Japan. However the brewery which supplies P&G wouldn`t sell to us, even when we asked the manager. So we tried to use another brewery`s lees, but the results are never as good as SK-II. I think the secret lies in good lees and MISSHA`s essence simply hasn`t got it.

on 2/25/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is LOVE!!!! I have used this for about a month now and I loveee what it does to my skin. I've been trying out a lot of skin products mainly to get rid of my persistent forehead under-the-skin bumps that has stayed with me for over 2 years and this really helped eliminate them!! No kidding. No sugar coating. I use this together with Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Gel (or Lotion; I have both), and then a layer of BP gel to finish off. I love the subtle scent. I love how it's not sticky, it's one of my favourite moments of the day when I use this in the morning and before I sleep. Highly recommend if you have oily combination skin like me, with pores so tight that blackheads and whiteheads are a little harder to extract.

on 2/16/2017 11:23:00 AM

Most expensive beauty product I ever got from Target. But I had been researching essences and Korean skincare, even considered ordering this online, so when I saw it on the shelf I had to try it! It gives me a nice glow instantly. My skin looks smoother and more even after just a couple days. Can't wait to see the results over time. :) The price is steep for a college girl, but I've read it's better than a similar product that costs twice as much.

on 2/5/2017 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this essence. I have the intense version and wow after only one week I can see a huge difference. My skin feels plumped, hydrated and just looks better. I've not used the product it's supposed to be a dupe of so I can't comment on that, but I have used other essences and this is as good.

Update: After 1 month of use I have developed acne and my pores seem HUGE. This is the only product I changed in my routine so it can only be this. Additionally my makeup applied awfully after using this, but it took me a while to realise. Will certainly not be repurchasing.

on 2/3/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

If you are oily and acne-prone, this provides the perfect hydration to skin. As an oily acne-prone, I've always been apprehensive to use a moisturizer despite it being often advised. This is a water-like solution that offers a non-oily, non-sticky level of hydration that I don't want to be without. Acne-fighting skincare is often drying, yet applying this before those products leaves my skin hydrated. After I apply this essence, I will go in with an acne treatment product before applying my makeup. Guess what? My skin doesn't get that tight, dry feeling afterwards. I've even gotten compliments on how glowy my skin is, not oily! Definite repurchase for me.

I bought this on Amazon after reading some good reviews. It took almost a month to arrive and it wasn't worth the wait. It did nothing for my skin at all. I'm giving it two stars instead of one because it didn't do anything bad to m skin either. It was just like putting expensive water on my face. I didn't even finish the bottle and ended up throwing it away.

on 1/6/2017 1:44:00 PM

So far has done everything it promises to do! Love it. Possible new HG product. Not pricey if you purchase it in Korea.

on 1/4/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Overall, I found that this did brighten my skin, but I was pretty underwhelmed, especially since other people give it such rave reviews. At some point, I actually thought this might have done nothing and stopped using it, and only then did I really notice how much more dull my skin had gotten without it.

Another negative about this product for me is that it breaks me out on my chin, and nose, which are very acne-prone. Since discovering this, I've only used this on my cheeks. Overall pretty decent, but I still have my eyes peeled for better options

on 12/23/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My HG essence as of now. Brightens my skin, skin noticeably smoother and seems to prep my skin to allow for more efficient absorption of the rest of my skin care routine. My skin really does seem to glow! An immediate slightly sticky residue is left behind but I don't mind that, it settles in a after a couple of minutes.

Cons would be the expensive price tag. However, it is widely considered by many to be the dupe of the SKII essence which is way more expensive so go for this!

And packaging, it's just in a clear bottle. I would rather an opaque or slightly opaque bottle for better preservation of the product inside from light. Keep this in a cool and dark place. Messy application too, since this is a really watery product. Would prefer a pointed tip of some kind.

Overall product is my favourite essence ever. Integral part of my skin care routine.

on 12/12/2016 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the first skincare product I have used in years that has really made a difference and made me sit up and declare a new Holy Grail.

My sister (who has dry and enviably clear skin) bought me the MISSHA Time Revolution gift set from the Seoul airport and explained to me what essences + serums were. I added them into my daily cleanse/tone/moisturise routine. The MISSHA Time Revolution Night Repair serum is way too oily / heavy for my skin, so I gave it to my mother (and sis has her own set). But this essence... this ESSENCE! Now I'm glad I never tried SK-II's expensive miracle water because I would be a lot poorer for it today, and I'm glad MISSHA came out with a cheaper dupe. After the first day of using this, my skin is so happily hydrated and plumper and smoother. I get way less oily (still slightly oily, of course) at the end of the day. For the first time since I was like 10 years old, I can go out with no base makeup on and don't feel self-conscious about my skin. I have a couple of acne scars / spots that seem to be lightening ever-so-slightly but it's probably just my imagination.

I have now been using this essence for about 10 days, together with my DeCleor Aroma Cleansing Milk, Thayer's Witch Hazel Rose Petal alcohol-free toner, and Alpha 10% glycolic acid Essential Renewal Cream. When I stop using MISSHA's essence even for a single morning (staying over at my boyfriend's place where I only have the 3 products), I see that my skin is noticeably duller and less moisturised. This product has triggered me doing hours of research into the Korean skincare philosophy and buying an entire 10-step regimen set––uh oh. But I'm looking forward to understanding and learning to control and cure my specific skin concerns.

Background: I have really problematic oily Chinese skin, having grown up in a tropical country and dealt with acne all of my teens + early 20s. I now live in a cool climate but always break out with a couple of giant red papule/pustule pimples whenever I travel home.