Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

on 7/13/2016 8:06:00 AM

I'd heard good things about this, and was keen to try it, especially with it being $11AUD.
I currently use Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 02 (Lys Rose), and at nearly $75AUD a bottle I was getting over it - it was a bit too heavy for my liking, and if didn't set it with a powder (which made it even heavier!) It FELT like I had make up on (if that makes sense).
When I received this in the mail at work, I immediately put it on - with my fingers in the horrid office bathroom mirror! And you know what? It's amazing! Has stayed in all day, is a TRUE satin matte finish, and I didn't need to set it with a powder at all. It's not orange on me at all (got Light/Med), and has great staying power. Not sure how it performs in the heat (middle of winter right now!) as I get oily skin in the summer, but really hoping it's as versatile as I think it will be.

on 7/8/2016 7:58:00 PM

I'm pretty impressed with this foundation. I've tried foundations in nearly every price range, every single one costing more than this one, and this is one of the top 4 - maybe even top 2.
I wouldn't call it Holy Grail, but it's very close!

It covers well, stays well, has a decent color range, doesn't turn orange or pink, and you can choose to use less for lighter coverage or more for heavier coverage.

It also doesn't settle into lines & pores, doesn't come off on everything, or do that weird, splotchy separating thing that some foundations do. It's not drying, and it doesn't turn into an oil slick. It's nearly perfect, and it cost me less than $4! Seriously?

The only thing I don't like so much is the packaging. It's kind of awkward, and the tube opening is a little too big, so it's somewhat difficult not to squeeze too much out.

I have already repurchased, but I do still use my MAC Pro Longwear on days when I definitely don't want my makeup to wear off.

I hope they never discontinue this. Fortunately, it's affordable enough to stock up.

To Read all 359 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/30/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to every single day foundation I have used plenty of expensive foundations and none of them compare to this I absolutely love it and it does not irritate my very sensitive combination skin. Goes on great lasts all day and color is the best I buy it at 5 below and they sell it cheaper there than anywhere else I have seen

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never thought I'd find my holy grail foundation at the drugstore, for less than $4. But here we are.

I'd recommend this product to anyone who can find a match for their skintone. The shade selection for this foundation really isn't the best. There are only six colors that range from "fair" to "medium/tan". Now that we have the only con that I've found out of the way (it's a pretty big con though... a wider color range would be great so more people could use it), lets talk about all the pros:

- Lasts all day with a good primer.
- Seems to smooth fine lines & acne scarring when used in conjunction with good primer.
- The packaging isn't luxurious but it's practical & you can squeeze out every bit of the product you paid for without any hassle.
- Medium coverage when applied regularly but can easily be sheered out to light coverage by using less, or built up to full coverage by using more.
- No offensive smell.
- Has a nice finish. I wouldn't call it matte or dewy... it just looks like natural skin.
- Doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation on your face.
- Doesn't cause breakouts (for me at least... different skin types react to products differently.)
- Can be worn year round. I've worn it in below freezing & above 100 degree weather.. it works well either way.
- Not tested on animals.

This is the only foundation I need. I'll repurchase over and over.

This foundation sunk into my dry patches and pores pretty quick after I put it on. I couldn't find a shade match for my tan skin, the closest ones Were either pale or orange.

on 5/20/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am sorry to bring down the rating as WnW products usually don't disappoint. I am in my 50's w/no particular skin issues. This is fine except it has no staying power. I have tried a variety of primers, no primer, even a dot of the magical Mac Strobe Cream could not improve this. By lunchtime it's gone. Not crazy about the packaging either; too much comes out if you aren't careful. May have to go back to EL DWL or give ColorStay a try.

on 5/10/2016 1:39:00 PM

I used to LOVE this foundation and Im not sure why I stopped using it. I think that it broke my skin out because I have VERY sensitive/oily/acne prone skin. I love the coverage this foundation gives, I always used a powder on top just because thats how I set my makep. I have recommended this to my grandmother because I believe it helps with wrinkles and doesnt seem to settle in cracks of your face. So happy with this product over all for me and her. πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

on 5/10/2016 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's cheap, so that's a plus. The packaging is nice; the squeeze tube makes it easy to get out of the bottle. The color match was perfect. It's just a very "meh" foundation. I wasn't blown away with the coverage, it didn't really last very long, and I was just generally underwhelmed with it. It'll do in a pinch but it's definitely not something I'll repurchase when there are other amazing drugstore options available.

on 4/15/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up in Fair which is apparently a newly added shade, or at least it says so on the packaging. If it is, then I'm thrilled that it was added, because it is the perfect match for my winter pale skin. It's quite possibly one of the best matches I have when it comes to the undertone - a perfect neutral/cool undertone that isn't ashy looking at all. I didn't know what to expect from the foundation itself, between the high rating here and some people loving it, some people loathing it, and some people associating it with "total oil slick". I ended up really liking it though. It's a medium to full coverage foundation. It is fairly buildable, but I find that you need to let the foundation dry/set a little bit before you can add another layer, or you'll just move the foundation around rather than building it up. For example, I often want some additional coverage on my cheeks and on my nose where I have bigger pores and often some blemishes, and at first I'd have trouble achieving the coverage I wanted because I tried to build it up in one go. Now that I've learnt to go back in with another layer after some time to let the foundation set, I'm happy with the coverage I get.

As for longitivtiy, I'd definitely give it a passing grade. It's better than for example the Elf Acne fighting foundation (the only other really affordable foundation in my collection that I can compare this to). Where the Elf foundation will start to separate/get patchy/lay on top of the skin/come off after a few hours, this just does the latter (lay on top of the skin and come off) in oilier places like my nose and chin. It's probably a problem that you could counteract or at least postpone with powder/blotting etc, I just happen to be a lazy person who don't like to do touch-ups.. I can see people with oilier skin not loving this foundation, but for normal and combination I think it works, and it's probably really good for dry skin. I can imagine that it's the type of foundation that won't exaggerate dry patches.

The packaging is good, a hygienic squeezy tube. The only thing that I can find to complain about is that the opening is pretty big, so you might need to be a bit careful not to squeeze out too much product.

Overall, this is a fab foundation for the price. It'll definitely be a staple in my collection from now on!

+ Cruelty free!
+ Great price
+ Hygienic packaging
+ Medium to full coverage, buildable if you let the first layer dry/set before the next
+ Wears pretty well during the day
+ Doesn't necessarily look like a lot of makeup, even if it's medium/full coverage

- My t-zone does look a bit oilier than it does with other foundations after 5+ hours

I looove this foundation. I'm a student so I'm on a budget and this is my HG drugstore foundation. It's cruelty-free, medium to full coverage (it covers hyperpigmentation with just 1 layer), it isn't cakey, it lasts for a good amount of time and it has a good range of shades. (You'll love this if you're a very pale earthling!!)
My skin gets dry from time to time and it doesn't cling onto my dry patches. It doesn't make my face oily either. Absolutely worth it!!

P.S.: I also bought the coverall powder with this, but I completely messed up on the shade, whoops. I cannot wear it since it makes my foundation look darker, but it adds a lot of coverage.