Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation
WnW coverall foundation (light) on meWnW coverall foundation (light) coverageWnW Coverall Foundation (Light) packagingCoverall Cream FoundationCoverall Cream Foundation

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

on 12/31/2016 12:48:00 AM

i use this as a concealer because it's super cheap and full coverage. but for some reason I don't like it as a foundation...i just prefer my other one. but as a concealer this product is exceptional

I really like this foundation. It's full coverage, which works for me because I have rosacea and some acne scarring. The shade selection is not that great and the foundation itself is pretty hard for me to find. But this is my go to when I want to do a full face of makeup. And it's super cheap!

on 11/27/2016 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a MAC NC30 and I got the shade Medium/Tan. This foundation is great for the price. It has medium coverage and a nice, natural matte finish when applied with a damp beauty blender. The only cons are that there is a limited shade range and no oil control. On my skin (sensitive, acne prone, tendency to get oily around nose and in between brows), it breaks down after about 5-6 hours of wear with no touch ups. I think that if you can find a shade that works for you and are in a pinch for foundation, this might be something to look into. Overall, good foundation for the price just make sure you touch up and have a good primer/powder with it.

on 10/14/2016 10:50:00 AM

This looks natural, covers so well, and I love how it goes on

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I feel like I've been on a real 3-lippie streak lately, as a lot of products I'm bringing out to try aren't total disappointments, but aren't necessarily rocking my world either.
I can't remember the last time I tried this foundation, and I'm hesitant to try new foundations because my Rimmel 25-hour works well for me, but this actually looks like a very similar finish and formula, so I gave it a go.
First of all, if you're in the mood to try a new liquid foundation that won't break the bank, there are alternatives that are only a couple dollars more than this, have wider shade options and better coverage. Wet n'Wild makes excellent blushes, eyeshadows, bronzers and highlighters, but my general feeling is that they dropped the ball a little on cream and liquid products.
The packaging is a little cheap looking but works fine, and I've never broken out from WnW products. The squeeze tube isn't my favorite foundation format but it's easier to get out than the glass jar variety.
The best thing about this foundation is .. nothing. The worst thing about this foundation is .. nothing. It's not bad, doesn't look cakey or patchy or nasty, and I can't really put my finger on it, but I just didn't really like it. Maybe the coverage was a bit too light, or it creased just a little too much, but about three hours after applying it I felt like my skin looked a little worn and some discoloration was showing through. It definitely applied well, but I can't say it wore well.
Someone with a very even complexion, no dark circles and tiny pores could very probably make this work well for them. In other words, someone 25 or younger who gets 9 hours of sleep a night and has no acne. If you don't belong to that 0.0003% of the population, I can't really give a strong recommendation.

on 9/30/2016 11:44:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! I was skeptical of a $3.50 foundation, but since we went from two income family to one income suddenly, when I was made redundant two years ago, I have to be frugal. Drugstore for me!

The light and light/fair are luckily perfect for my fish belly pale skin. I need a foundation with full coverage, I am older and have discolored small marks from sun abuse as a teen. To add insult to injury, I have rosacea such that both cheeks are really bright red a lot of the time. My husband calls me Raggedy Ann - he's a real comedian 😝

This is very thick and creamy, and you need to be very careful squeezing out a bit, it tends to shoot out ten times more than you need. I apply with a damp BB dupe sponge with stippling motions and it goes on beautifully. After doing my whole face, I go back and build the coverage on my cheeks. It doesn't ever look thick or mask like if applied properly, and it can be built up to hide a multitude of issues. It wears very well, especially when set with a light brush application of loose HD powder, or a swirl of the brush on a solid compact of powder.

I can't believe this is so great for $3.50! I bought one, thinking I would try it and probably end up throwing it in the trash. Boy was I surprised! Next time I was in Walgreens I bought all five tubes in my color! I hope they never discontinue this.

One tip - I noticed an ad for it on EBay for $5.50. Go to any CVS, Walgreens or Walmart and it will be $3.50-$3.99.

on 9/17/2016 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As I haven't worn foundation in years (was a complete BB cream gal) I was looking for something that has a medium to full coverage possibility but didn't feel heavy. I did a bit of research and came across this cream foundation for a great price. I was liking the reviews I read, so decided to go ahead and purchase it. I am loving it! It doesn't accentuate any dryness and the shade I got (Light 817) is a great match. I do use my Real Techniques complexion sponge (damp) to apply it on most days so it is a more sheer look. The only thing I don't really like about it is the packaging. You have to carefully squeeze it out or you will end up with too much product. Other then that, I would recommend it, especially to combination or normal skinned individuals,

on 9/2/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had high hopes for this foundation after reading the glowing reviews here but this product did not work out well for me at all. First of all, I am 59 years old and need a foundation that won't accentuate my fine lines or dry patches. This foundation went on very matte and just sucked the life out of my skin, even though my complexion is oily.. In bright sunlight I looked all dry and wrinkly. . Also, I have a light/medium, cool complexion (around NW25) and I couldn't wear either the light or light/medium shades in this foundation. Both colors were darker than my complexion and appeared quite orange against my skin.For these reasons, I gave this makeup a low rating.

on 8/31/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My face skin is falling to pieces due to a big sun burn. It will take a month to fully recover.. I basically look like a skinned zombie! I wear tons of moisturizers and aloe gel all day long, but I need to look "normal" when I'm working or simply going out. I know I shouldn't care, but I can't help it.. anyway, redness can be easily concealed. I can't tell the same for the huge dry spots. My to-go summer foundation, Bourjois CC cream, looked simply terrible, despite the claim of 24hrs hydration. Yeah whatever, it clinged on the dry spots like I was wearing some prosthetic latex.
So, I googled "best foundations for dry skin" here on MUA. Maybe 'dry skin' has a wide interpretation, and nothing can really hide burns, but you never know.. well, the pole position was held by Wnw's Coverall. I was like "yeaaah, sure, whatever", as MUA's taste relegates drugstore brands as an okay-ish choice for a tight budget, and strongly suggests luxury brands as more effective. I thought it was a mistake. Wnw's holding the 1st place on something so important and difficult to achieve? Really? Mmmmm....
Well, the next day I ran downtown for buying it. Wnw's Megalasts are my lipstick HGs, but somehow I thought I was done with my research for a good foundation. My Colorstay and Bourjois' CC are enough of a dream team to my needs. I should admit I was very skeptical towards this extremely cheap foundation (5 euros in Italy) as I had bad experiences with cheap bases. But Wet n wild previously kicked every single make up ass in the world for me, so..
Choosing the shade was quite difficult. The choice for fair skins is quite good: 3 or 4 shades with light variations, but I really couldn't figure out the differences under the neon light of the store. I eventually got "fair/light" just because.
As soon as I got home, I had to try it; the squeeze bottle is very soft so the risk of squeezing too much is always behind the corner. But well...once applied to the driest parts of my face (sides of the nose, sides of the mouth, chin - which are just a huge mess of dead skin too painful to scrub), they simply DISAPPEARED. As I was healed for good. I was floored! I quickly did the rest of the face and it blended so easily only with fingers. But it was already late in the evening and lights in my bathroom are quite weak, so I wanted to give it a try the day after.
In full sun light, I realized I needed a bit of sponge work so Real Techniques sponge came in help as usual. Well it's the first time I can safely say it made me 100% flawless. The coverage is almost full but doesn't cover enough the huge amount of acne breakouts I have on my left cheek (due to period) - but I don't like to hide that kind of acne because I still have to find the right camouflage or concealer without enhancing it in the worst way, so I just keep it. I did a primer base with W7 Photoready and set it all with Essence white setting powder. Anyway. My husband saw me and he was like "how on earth did you cure those burns?". After 7 hours in extremely hot weather and many errands, I was just as perfect as I freshly did it - no oxidation, no melting, no sebum, nothing.
If this worked so fine on damaged skin..I can't wait to try it when I'm in perfect shape. Because this is on the edge of becoming my HG. 5 euros guys. 5 euros.Simply amazing.

UPDATE on healed skin: oh my god this is better than any expectation. It covers dryness like nothing else, better than any nourishing base/moisturizer.
For some weird reason, the top of my nose peeles all the time; even if well moisturized and taken care of, any foundation or bb cream enhances it and I look more damaged than I am. Not to mention various scratches on the face (I finally grew my nails a bit after 20+years of biting them - that's my idea of adulthood hehe - and I still have to learn how to live with it) that leave a sign behind. Oh and the neighbours cat also scratched me while playing, it was accidental but damn you cat! Well this foundation made the cat scratch DISAPPEAR. Same for the random dryness. Same for the scratches. And the top of my nose looks normal! Woo hoo! I can toss all my concealers in the bin because their help is no longer required (well ok I'm just making excuses, I will never learn how on earth I should put it). Excellent natural look and long lasting effect. It doesn't fear sweat nor hot humid enviroment. The shade is quite right for me but I'll surely try a lighter one

On the cons: it keeps squeezing too much product! I can't help it! At this pace, it will end soon. But, despite prefering pumps, I will buy this again and again because it's so good on a daily basis, when I'm not willing to waste too much time on base. Eyes are already a pain in the ass theirselves!
Oh another con: pink-orangey undertones. I really have a hard time blending it on my neck and need to paint until the collar line. Of course I blend blend blend like a maniac as I don't want my neck and my hands to look different ethnicities

UPDATE! Listen. I applied this foundation this morning around 10 am, with no primer underneath as skin looked ok itself. I had a couple of meetings downtown and had to buy groceries. I came home and cooked. I cleaned around a little bit. At around 4 pm I went out for working out - which meant a hour of running and exercising outdoors. Suddenly I got a phone call about an appointment I totally forgot about. I ran 1,5 miles at full force as it couldn't postpone it. Once home, I took the quickest shower and went out. Came back for cooking dinner. Spent an evening sweating at the laptop trying to figure out a computer program. It's 2 am right now and I just washed my face and the water was dripping in brown: the foundation was still there as I left it despite blush and eyeshadow totally disappeared during the day. WHOA people. Not even Revlon's Colorstay surprised me that much - and its formula it's way heavier! What are you waiting for?? Go buy it! You'll be delighted

I bought this foundation after I saw a few posts on Pinterest, listing it as one of the best full coverage drugstore foundations. The price is great $4. I have oily/combo skin, my HG foundation has always been the original Laura Mercier silk creme foundation. Ever since they changed its formula, I've been actively seeking a new HG foundation. I like the texture of this foundation, it's light and creamy. However, it is definitely not a full coverage foundation. I would say it's medium coverage. It goes on smooth and blends well. But if you have acne scars like me, it won't cover it up. It also doesn't last as long as I'd like. But it's a great foundation for daily use/none glamorous activities. I wouldn't wear this foundation to go out at night because the staying power isn't that strong. If you're planning on drinking cocktails, I wouldn't recommend this foundation either. Alcohol dries out your skin, and this foundation isn't moisturizing enough. But overall, it's only $4, and if you're just going to work or running errands, this foundation is perfect!