Sally Hansen Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Kit

Sally Hansen Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Kit

3.1

Works great. Use about once per week. I leave it on about 6-9 minutes. Loses some efficacy after it has been open a few months so I just leave it in a minute or two longer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Yah...no. In a nutshell, not for even remotely sensitive skin. I have tried several methods to remove the peach fuzz and occasional coarse hair. This stuff, in order to get it to fully remove coarse hair you give yourself a chemical burn. And the lotion they give stings so bad. And then you are burned and peeling for a week. I used this for a while trying to make it work, playing with how long I left it on and what I put on my skin before and after. I give up. I now use the tweezerman smooth finish hair remover (metal coil looking thing) and looooove it.

on 2/2/2016 8:27:00 PM

I am so irritated with this product!!! I followed every instruction given and when I tested it out it seemed perfectly fine. I put it on my upper lip and chin as it said I could. I waited 3 minutes and most hair was off except for around my lip corners. So I applied a little more like it said I could and yes ALL my hair came off and it nice to not have a mustache. BUT IT BURNT SOO BAD. I am a sophomore in highschool and im already self conscious about my face. I woke up today after applying aloe vera for burns and the burning stopped, the skin around my lips I'd light red and there's 2 small but noticeable scabs in each corner. It feels leathery and I can't open my mouth wide enough without worrying about my skin cracking. My mother is bringing me vitamin e so my face won't scar. Id of rather had a mustache than to go through this. "Cooking aloe and gentle" LIES, THANKS FOR REMOVING MY FACIAL HAIR AND MAKING ME FEEL WORSE.

on 11/23/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

So far, this is a big yes for me. I see there are mixed reviews here and I think with depilatory creams that can so often be the case given the wide variety of skin sensitivities and hair textures out there. I remember using this in the past and having middling results. I use this only for my upper lip so I can't speak to any other facial areas. I noticed that the packaging is advertising some kind of reformulation and in my case, this new version is perfection! I got the kit because I think having an after care, step 2 lotion or oil with with hair removal products is very key to minimizing sensitivity, etc. afterwards.

With the old version I would have to leave it on for 8 minutes and it STILL wouldn't remove the more stubborn, coarser hairs. With the new version, I waited five minutes and it got EVERYTHING! Even better results for me than with waxing! I've used the Sally Hansen wax strips and those also, could not 100% grab every stubborn hair, which would mean I had to go back over and do more removal with another strip on freshly waxed skin. Waxing also REALLY breaks me out and I just decided that maybe I should give a cream depilatory a try again since I am NOT interested in dealing with breakouts on such a noticeable part of my face, especially during the holiday season!

I experienced some mild sensitivity the day of and after but I'll take that over upper lip acne and the pain of waxing any freakin' day of the week! I love this new formula!!

on 1/8/2015 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product worked for me , it really did. I applied it as directed & it tingled a bit and was super itchy but it took of all of the hair & i have dark facial hair. I was really happy with the result my skin felt soft like a babys butt & i was so excited that my face was finally hair free. However, after like the first day since i was soo not used to not having hair , it felt really weird & my face became super oily & my face was already oily as it is. I asked my mom why that happened & the fact is that i guess your facial hair kinda acts as like a sponge . Your facial hair absorbs the oils from your skin so when you remove your hair the oil from your face isn't being absorbed by anything so thats why it feels even more oily . ANYWAYS, after my hair grew back i decided to just not use the product anymore. I felt really sad though because i like it but i just couldn't stand having my face being super oily. But for people who dont have oily skin , you should have nothing to worry about. Its a great product . I wish i could've used it longer . :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Been using this for about 8 years or so. I think it depends on your skin and hair if its ok for u to use. works great for me. My mom cant use it, it breaks her out. for upper lip hair if your skin can take it, it works fine. I hated having that hair there and havent had to worry about it in years now.

on 2/9/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

It was hard to remove all the hair with one wax strip, I found myself doing it more than once very painful!

on 1/29/2014 12:59:00 PM

This used to be my go-to...worked PERFECTLY. This last tube I bought had new packaging...and low and behold they changed the formula. I'ts thinner and it does NOT work. At all. I've left it on for 15 minutes, compared to the 7 before and the hair doesn't do a thing. I wrote the company and they sent me a coupon...but I am still real disappointed. Why fix something that's not broken and ruin it??? I have some Olay on order....

on 1/21/2014 12:58:00 AM

I had this product for about a year and I use it once a month. It took me a while to figure out the right minutes to leave it on my skin without it drying it out and irritating it, or without it not 100% removing my hair. Once I figured out the appropriate time I had no issues, this defiantly replaced my waxing appointments. My hair doesn't grow back thicker and it doesn't grow fast. I leave the cream on my upper lip 4 min and my sideburns 6, and NOT a minute less because 1 minute more would irritate my skin. I don't use the soothing cream that comes with the product because it breaks me out, I use baby oil or aloe gel. I don't recommend the soothing cream. I recommend doing a spot test on your hand first!!!! Also slowly figuring out how many minutes to leave it on your skin. Finding the perfect minutes it takes to remove your hair without irritating your skin, because every girls hair thickness is different and so is their skin, so it's important to figure out what amount of time works best for you.

on 12/30/2013 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wonder if products like this change after a few months because when I first started using this -- it worked like a charm on my upper lip area. After a few months, it started leaving my skin red, flaky and kind of old-skin looking. I only used this about twice a month and followed the package directions. However, I have discontinued using this because I felt that it was burning my skin. So 2 lippies because it might work for some -- but long term --- ouch!