Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition

Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition

3.9

on 5/15/2015 12:41:00 PM

I love this pinky coral shade. it's definitely more pink than coral, don't be fooled by the name. goes on so smooth. it was on 50% clearance at my local jewel (I'm in the Chicagoland area) I loved it so much I bought another the following week as a backup. hope it's not being discounted.

on 1/8/2015 2:54:00 PM

I wish this color was more pigmented into a light/pastely orange like what it appeared to be. It is like that, but it's sheer and not buildable.

Pros: tint of light orange which is good if you're not used to it. doesn't dry out my lips. affordable.

Cons: accentuates creases in lips. not buildable. wears off easily. not true to color.

on 6/17/2014 2:20:00 PM

So I bought this product on sale at my local drugstore because I've been dying to try this line. I love how its glossy without looking too shiny. Its so smooth and moisturizing on my lips its almost like a lip balm. The color is not as orange as one would expect it to be. But that's perfectly okay! It's more of a cute pinkish coral color which works for me. Overall I'm really happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anykne (:

on 4/18/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love peaches & corals all year long. Most of my collection is varying shades of this as a matter of fact; so naturally this was my first pick out of the whispers. Unfort, it wasnt what I was expecting. My lips are very lightly (barely) pigmented naturally & this goes on extremely pastel almost neon. I could deal with orange even, but this was a very childish bright shocking coral on me. Ofcourse, I could apply lightly (single coat) but this wouldnt give much/any color payoff. I can see it getting even more barbie-ish on me as I get tan over the summer. It may work for some but for me its a pass.

I really like the Color Whisper line, I bought this and PinUp Peach, and find that this one is very smooth and goes on well but leaves me looking a little dead. It's kind of pale on me for some reason. Still wearable but not as corally as I'd expected.

My favorite coral lip product. I got this after I saw it mentioned in a video by Amarixe. Web have the same skin tone, so I can always trust her options. This is so wearable. Great for spring and summer.

on 6/13/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do like this product!!! It gives what the name says- a whisper of color. I do wish it gave just a smidge more color though. It is a nice color though- very sheen and not too out there and 'in your face'. It goes on like a dream. Very silky. I love the sleek packaging!! Too cute. Will repurchase for the warm months.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This color is seriously gorgeous! I'm obsessed. It's not too orangey of a coral and I love the soft glossy color it gives. This is the only Color Whisper I have ever tried but I love it and I am definitely interested in trying more. I always hesitated because I love my Revlon lip butters. The effect is very similar of a Revlon lip butter (soft, glossy, natural-looking color) but the consistency is not as thick. These do not last the longest but I never expected it to. Love!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I know, I know it says colour WHISPER but I was hoping for more colour then it gave. Perhaps I have too much natural pigment in my lips, but I can barely see a change in colour. My other issue is that if I don't use a lip conditioner for a week straight before using this it makes my lips look flakey and dry but I use a different lip colour and I don't get that at all. I would not buy it again, but I do LOVE their colour sensation lipstick, creates fabulous colour that doesn't look dry and it even stains the lips slightly after you remove it but it looks really pretty.

on 4/28/2013 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really pretty soft peach/pink coral as opposed to a redder/more orange coral. This is great for those of us who love the idea of coral, but have a hard time pulling it off. I am still trying to gauge whether I can make this work on me. Sometimes it looks so soft and wonderful, other times it looks a bit to peachy for my pink based skin tone (the blush I use and the amount of sun I have makes a big difference). I do think that once I get some sun and fully switch to my summer makeup routine this will be a great addition. I am hoping this will be as easy to wear in summer & my one stop lipstick shop in summer the way Lust for Blush was in winter. The only thing that is bugging me slightly is that if you have not perfectly clean/smooth lips, this will catch on stuff and look beaded. I will see how that plays out. But for now this is a 5 for the pretty color alone and the summer ease. I am NW20 (pink in my skin), almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips)

Popular Lipsticks