Essence Eyebrow pencil

Essence Eyebrow pencil

3.0

on 8/2/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this pencil last year in the shade brown without really knowing how to use it, so it ended on the bottom of my beauty case. Recently I found it again and tried to use it.
So, this comes in a simple packaging with a tiny brow brush and I still have to figure out what they're meant to be. Probably, you know, brushing brows, but mine don't stray so I guess it'll stay there for decoration.
The pencil itself is nothing to rave about, but at the same time it delivers. I stopped using it after just trying it once because I didn't realize how brows filling works, now I just do some little tiny strikes and luckily the colour fits me pretty well - maybe a little too light, like on the red-copper shade (?) against my dark brown, but nothing noticeable unless I'm under a neon light.
It lasts quite long, I experienced about 6 hours with no troubles or melting. Probably it just gently faded away even if I noticed some traces on the evening cotton pad with micellar water.
But for the price, what can you ask for? Well, probably if you need to re-draw completely your brows you might need to invest in something super reliable and more expensive, but for some random filling when I feel like doing it, it goes ok. I paid 2-3 euros for it. Good!

on 5/1/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually fill in my brows with eyeshadow, but like to have a pencil for when I'm in a hurry. I figured I'd try out this one, in Brown, since it was very inexpensive. Unfortunately, just as with many other brow colors I've tried in the past, this one is way too red for me. On top of that, it doesn't apply very evenly, almost looking a little chunky on areas where I don't have any hair. The little brush on the cap is absolutely useless, as it gets dirty quite easily and doesn't even brush out the brows well. I threw out this pencil after I bought a NYX brow pencil, which so far has been working well for me.

I have this in the lightest brown color for light brown/dark blonde hair.
It's like any cheap pencil; feather light strokes or you end up looking nuts.
I got the hang of it on day three and now it's dead simple and I like the results.
It has good staying power, the little brush is good, and it washes off easily
Has not upset the skin on my brows so must be fine ingredients-wise.
This brand is pretty good for cheap staples that you can keep in a travel kit or lose and not be choked about. I prefer old fashioned brow pencils like this because they are simple, not messy to use, don't break or cake or carry bacteria (like many eyebrow kits) and I just follow with the clear mascara gel (same brand) and I"m good to go.

I also like using clear brow mascara because it's good to knick flyaways in the hairline, too. Can't do that with a brow kit and wax, now can ya!

Popular Brows Products