Bath and Body Works Cashmere Glow

4.4

Top Notes: Bergamot, Guava, Wild Berries, Apricot.

Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Mimosa, Peony, Jasmine.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk, Milk, Brown Sugar.

This review is primarily for the body mist although I also own the EdT. The EdT is less sweet than the body spray. I blindly purchased the bath gel, body mist, lotion, and body cream after reading reviews and studying the notes, and I layered them for fantastic longevity--12 to 14 hours easily. Projection and sillage are moderate+ on me.

Aside from B&BW fragrances themselves, B&BW's forte is making the matching products for layering. I love using the shower gels and then layering the body sprays and body cremes, and I find that they are pretty uniform in fragrance one to the next. I find the entire experience sensuous and aesthetically pleasing.

I love Cashmere Glow. It is probably my second favourite B&BW fragrance after Sensual Amber. It is soft, sweet, and cuddly. Cashmere Glow, like Sensual Amber, is pleasing from the top notes to the deep dry down. I perceive delicious guava, berries, and apricot upon application. Then, I detect a sweet, delicious mimosa note that lingers and lingers. The deep dry down is a soft, warm, and cushy bed of sandalwood, vanilla, and musk with overtones of sweet milk and brown sugar. Heavenly!

Like Sensual Amber, Cashmere Glow is gourmandy, and whilst I definitely see it as a splendid Autumn/Winter fragrance, I think it can also be worn in spring and summer if applied with a light to medium-light hand. I always spray quite generously even in warm weather because I am mostly indoors, and at this price point, why not? Sadly, Cashmere Glow has been relegated to on-line purchase only, but at least it is still available. I for one hope B&BW will always make it available.

Fragrance: 8.5/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 6/10

Longevity: 10/10 whence layered with the matching shower gel and body cream and/or lotion.

This thing smells so bad and so cheap! I hate it! I never liked B&BW perfumes but this one is TERRIBLE!!!! And how does cashmere have a scent. Cashmere is what fast scarfs and shirts are made of. They probably just thought "hey, let's mix some chemicals together and give it a stupid name! Bamm! Money maker!" Seriously? I can't believe people actually bought this crap!

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

Lovely smell, nice product. Sometimes I use it as a room fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite BBW scents of all. This is right up my alley with the warm notes. When I put it on it becomes very vanilla/sandalwood/sugary/cashmere with a tinge of flower. I LOVE it.
Top notes in this beautiful fragrance are guava, bergamot, wild berries, & apricots of which I donít really detect. Middle notes are lily-of-the-valley, mimosa, jasmine, and peony to which I do detect in the background throughout the wearing of it. The base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, cashmere musk, milk, and brown sugar to which come out full force on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the fragrance mist, body lotion and edt so it's obvious that I love it. ;) It's such a warm scent and it's perfect for fall/winter but, knowing me, I'll wear it all year for I love amber smells. The edt has *great* staying power and I can smell it all day so it's a great buy IMO. It's a smooth, creamy vanilla/amber with a hint of peach that is so yummy. I put on the mist and lotion before bed and then the edt the next day for I shower at night. A great choice from the BBW!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I haven't been to Bath and Body Works in years mainly because so many other retailers now sell gourmand scented/specialty lotions, body washes and perfumes that B&BW (and to an extent, Philosophy) arguably made popular for a fraction of the price. I also never felt compelled to go because the store seemingly only hired the most uppity sales girls ever. A few months ago, I was reading perfume reviews and read the reviews for Cashmere Glow. Most of the reviews were glowing (ha!) and I had an inkling I may very well like this scent because the description of the notes sounded appealing. I decided to give B&BW another try few days ago because they are having a fabulous sale - buy three items and get three free.

I zoomed right up to this perfume but it didn't really grab me at first sniff. I decided to take a chance and get it anyway because I have often been underwhelmed by perfumes that I end up loving. Cashmere Glow fell into that category. After I got home, I sprayed this on and after about thirty minutes, I could tell it was a keeper. I feel like this is the more sophisticated cousin of one of my favorite B&BW scents, Warm Vanilla Sugar. On me, the creamy, milky notes really stand out and are complimented by the cashmere musk (which I absolutely adore) and vanilla. I really love vanilla based scents but it's difficult to find one that doesn't smell artificial, too sharp or nauseatingly sweet. There's nothing worse than an overly fake, too sweet vanilla scent to me. Cashmere Glow is the opposite of most vanilla based scents. It is very warm, creamy and sweet without going into plastic candy/vanilla overload territory. I'm not entirely sure if this scent would work well in warm weather because I feel like this lends itself better to cold weather but if it works for you when it's 100 degrees outside, go for it!

The only downside I have noticed is that the EDT's staying power (as far as I'm aware, this only comes in an EDT and a mist that is comparable to faintly scented water) isn't as awesome as an EDP. It lingers on clothing and hair much, much longer than it does on my skin but that's easy to remedy. I went back to B&BW today and bought the lotion, cream, shower gel and sugar scrub. The shower gel formula is better than I remember. It really moisturizes and leaves your skin lightly scented, so much so that you could likely shower, apply a bit of the lotion and call it a day. The lotion's staying power is amazing so I likely will be layering it with the EDT. If you enjoy Warm Vanilla Sugar or vanilla based perfumes in general and are looking for something that is better than your average vanilla, I'm confident you'll enjoy this scent.

Lastly, I was pleased to notice that the staff at B&BW have improved by leaps and bounds. I went to two different stores at two different locations in the past three days and the gals at both stores were more than helpful and very pleasant (but not in that phony, follow you around the store and hover over you kind of way) despite the fact that the store was packed because they were having yet another sale. One SA even whipped up a lotion and shower gel set for me that was on sale in the Cashmere Glow scent because they had run out. I'm also pleased that B&BW have expanded their line to include more than just floral and fruit scents. While those were mostly good, I like that they have expanded into more sophisticated scents that work for women over 30. I think they've really put a lot of effort into their new scents which are more than comparable to high end perfumes which cost twice as much. They also have some amazing sales, especially around the holidays, so give 'em a whirl.

My absolute favorite fragrance from B&BW. This is the only scent that I've EVER been complimented on and I've tried body sprays, colognes, perfumes: you name it. This scent is sexy. Seriously - be prepared for people to stop you to ask what you're wearing, especially men. Cashmere Glow is a very warm and comfy fragrance and the notes of golden peach, shimmering vanilla, and cashmere musk make a beautiful combination. I stock up on this whenever there's a sale at B&BW and at $14 a bottle you can't go wrong.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cashmere Glow warmly lasts a minimal six hours. A wonderful mix of gentle spices, smoothed by woods, vanilla and musk, this is a very calming scent. There is a slight tropical note to this fragrance that persists throughout, however, that I feel negates the cashmere feel. I can live with it, since it's slight. Cashmere Glow is a playful, flirtatious scent to wear. This EdT lasts for hours and hours. I had taken a nap and upon awakening, in the middle area between sleep and full awake, noticed this delicious aroma wafting from my inner elbow. It was filled with a mix of spices, deep spices, a muskiness that was absolutely delectably sensual. I suddenly realized I was still wearing Cashmere Glow. The headiness of this EdT hours later was tantamount to being in a Far East bazaar where my senses are filled to hilt with wondrous earthy spices and incenses.
Cashmere Glow is that rich in its combination of notes that it delivers a resounding punch many, many hours later. It's a warm sensual, yet user-friendly fragrance that makes you want to wrap yourself in wholesome sensuality. Surprise yourself and give it a test-drive.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Guava, Wild Berries, Apricot.
Middle Notes: Lily-Of-The-Valley, Mimose, Peony, Jasmine.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Cashmere Musk, Vanilla, Milk, Brown Sugar.

This scent is so warm and cuddly. Perfect for the Autumn/Winter time, but the some of the notes are a itty bit fruity, so you could practically wear this scent year round.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this scent. I work at BBW and I actually truly love very few of the scents. But, this is one of my favourite to introduce to people who like either Sensual Amber or Warm Vanilla Sugar, as I find its a nice blend of the two. It has the Cashmere Musk and Golden Peaches which reminds me of the Musk and Apricots of Sensual Amber without the intensity. And, of course it's got the Vanilla of Warm Vanilla, with more of a sophistication and without the over-sweet food smell that tends to come with BBW vanillas. It smells like what I imagine wrapping yourself in an soft oversized sweater, by a fire would smell like!

Popular Fragrances