Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Treatment

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Treatment

1.9

on 8/4/2016 9:51:00 PM

I was looking for an alternative to Eve Lom, since Eve Lom has batch to batch discrepancy. I tried abit of this at the store on my hand, and it felt similar to Eve Lom, it had a very "workable" feel to it, that to me means mild exfoliation, which I like. Thank god I was given a generous sample to take home to try. The message was all good until I had to wash it off, It does not come off at all even with a hot cloth. Just imagine massaging a solidified oil then rubbing water on it and it just smear instead of emulsify. For people who have extremely dry skin it might work, cos it is very nourishing. By that, I meant people who may get cracked skin on their face, or if u live in the desert. For me, it didn't work, and I don't even know if it even cleaned my face. I had to use a foaming cleanser with my clarisonic afterward. Yah.... Definitely try a sample first.

This was hands down the WORST cleansing balm I have ever tried. It feels nasty and greasy, doesn't remove makeup well (how is that even possible?!), does not emulsify at all! And worst of all, it is expensive. I returned this so fast. There are so many better cleansing balms and oils out there... hell, even mineral oil works way better than this stuff.
Others I have used: Clinique take the day away balm, muji sensitive skin cleansing oil, shu uemura (green bottle), Fresh seaberry cleansing oil... these are all great!

on 4/23/2013 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Does this take your makeup off? Sure. So does Crisco. It smells strongly of lanolin, although I can't find it listed in the ingredients. It leaves a film on your skin and the cloth is a micro-fiber cloth that soaks up stains that are impossible to remove unless you put it in the washing machine. I don't want to put my wash cloth in the washing machine every day, do you?

I like a lot of JM products and found this one disappointing. It does not dissolve like a cleansing oil. It is thick and greasy and stays that way. If that is the kind of cleanser you want you can buy a big vat of Albolene at Wlagreen's for what you pay for this stuff. And about a dozen wash cloths.

Absolutely the worst cleanser I have used in a long time. It applies thick and greasy and won't move (I suppose this is what other reviewers refer to when they say it won't emulsify). The two layer cloth that comes with it is hard to use, it just sort of catches on your face and is difficult to move. You really have to rub and rub to get makeup off. Another reviewer mentions how stained the cloth gets and I heartily agree. Oh, and I have to use another cleanser after to remove the film from my face. Since it was so expensive I will persevere but! maybe this and the other reviews can save you some money, truly, try something else.

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-Iamsheherazade-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

on 4/23/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This product does not even compare to the emma hardie balm or the elemis pro collagen cleansing balm.
The main difference is that the other balms have emulsifying agents. The balm dissolve the makeup, dirt or grime and the emulsifying agents breakdown the oils.
however, lack of these emulsifying agents in the Josie Maran's balm leave a film on the skin, and you don't get that clean feeling. With other balms the make up on the washcloth rinses clean. with this one, because the makeup did not break down to begin with, it does not rinse easily either.

Being a complete cleansing oil/balm junkie, I have tried several of them so far: MAC Cleanse Off Oil, Alpha H Cleansing Oil, Cleanser 27 and Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. All of these products have been a delight to use. I cannot say the same for this cleansing balm. It does not emulsify AT ALL. To use this product, you need to be 100% committed to the idea of not only using a cloth to remove the product from your face, but to follow up with a second cleanser as well. Even then, the filmy, greasy feeling never really goes away. I'd skip this - there are plenty of other beautifully made, much more reasonably priced cleansing balms and oils on the market now that don't require such a routine.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I had seen this on QVC and kept checking Sephora until they got it in, and purchased it. It's expensive ($48), but a little goes a long way. It's got the consistency of petroleum jelly, but it's all natural, and it melts into the skin on contact. I apply it to my dry face, work it in, and then use the cloth that comes with it to remove. I really like the cloth. It's two-sided: I use the muslin side first to clean my face, then the microfiber side to remove the cleanser. My face still feels a little sticky after I remove the cleanser, but when I pat my face dry with a towel the stickiness is gone and my face feels clean and soft. I was using Josie's Cleansing Oil, but I felt it was too thick and didn't emulsify enough to break down dirt and makeup. I like the Cleansing Treatment better. My skin glows when I use it. I'm trying to use it sparingly since it's so expensive, but I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is pretty awesome. I use the Cleansing Oil from Josie in the AM & PM and follow it with the 100% argan oil-- which YES has cleared my acne!!!!! I get a little pimple every now and then but thats better than the usual 5-10 i'd have year round!!!! :) Anyway, reason I wanted to try this was because no matter what I do get dry around my nose area. So once a week I use this on my nose. I dont really like the cloth because I feel like I am just too sensitive for it. I dont use this treatment all over my face because I just dont need it, the regular cleanser and her oil does the job just fine. If you are dry all over then this would be nice for you. But it's grear for just those stubborn areas that seem to be dry or flakey :)