Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

A friend recommended this foundation for me, along with its pressed powder, back in 2014. I purchased a bottle out of curiosity (never tried other foundations than Estee Lauder's Double Wear), and I noticed that Photoready isn't for me immediately.
I was given the shade Medium Beige, which matched me perfectly. When I started wearing it on my full face, I noticed that my skin gets a little itchy. I knew it's gonna break me out, and it did. However, the application was easy and nice, it doesn't dry too fast and doesn't oxidize.
The coverage is light to medium, I'd say, but once you apply more than 2 layers, it's going to get really cakey. Not cool. The other con of this foundation is that it contains shimmer. To naked eye from >1m distance, it's invisible, but when you look closely, you'll find chunks of golden shimmer throughout your face. Not the one I'm going for! (A friend of mine who has better eyes than eagles noticed the shimmers, but he said it's fine enough to not show up in portraits).
If they infuse less shimmer and readjust the formula for sensitive skin, I guess I'd give Photoready a second chance. For now, I think I'm comfortable with this sitting at the back of my drawer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin with lots of redness. This is the only foundation that looks almost perfect, doesn´t look cakey, and gives me that fabulous glow. it doesn´t settle in the fine lines and wrinkes, medium coverage, very easy to blend, luminous finish. Cons: doesn´t cover very well blemishes or broken capillaries. At the end of the day, it fades too easily especially on blemishes but still has that healthy skin appearance on the rest of the skin. it is not for oily skin. i don´t settle it with powder all over, only where i need, because I lose the glow effect. I am on the third bottle and keep on coming back to it.

I was so into this product and was using it for year. Recently when I ran out of it, I purchased another one, as usual, my shade is Nude. The next day, like my regular routine, I put my celeteque non-alcoholic moisturizer -nit a huge fan of primer but my like this moisturizer as my under-foundation- I grabbed my new Revlon Photoready in Nude and I was shocked! I turned so Tan that like I have just been sunbathing!!! What happened!! I immediately removed the foundation and settled with my other not so fave one. Went straight to the store where I got it and inquired about the sudden change in color, and guess what they told me? Revlon Photoready came in new shades and most of them were catered to asian skin, and I was like, what about me? My skintone is medium to fair does that mean there isnt any shade for me anymore? They ended up giving me the Ochre shade which they saud was the second shade from the lightes available which I believe was Ivory. And since I am so dead for this product, bought it! The next day, tried it one and here is goes again, I looked so pale like I just got out of the hospital!!! What is happening Revlon! So disappointed. Went to the same store and told the sales rep that I looked like I am sick, not I am in search for a new foundation! Goodbye Photoready! If I will be recommending it, with the new shades they have, you gotta be very very careful, it is was too far the old one. You dont want to waste money like I did.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE this foundation. If you like that dewy look, this one is your foundation! It gives beautiful glowing effect to your skin, blend easily and I just love it!
The pump makes it easier for you to get the product, I don't have any complain. Would I buy it again if I ran out? 100% YES. Unfortunately, for me personally, I still think that its a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation. Other than that, I just...aahhh in love with it!