Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight

2.7

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

A friend recommended this foundation for me, along with its pressed powder, back in 2014. I purchased a bottle out of curiosity (never tried other foundations than Estee Lauder's Double Wear), and I noticed that Photoready isn't for me immediately.
I was given the shade Medium Beige, which matched me perfectly. When I started wearing it on my full face, I noticed that my skin gets a little itchy. I knew it's gonna break me out, and it did. However, the application was easy and nice, it doesn't dry too fast and doesn't oxidize.
The coverage is light to medium, I'd say, but once you apply more than 2 layers, it's going to get really cakey. Not cool. The other con of this foundation is that it contains shimmer. To naked eye from >1m distance, it's invisible, but when you look closely, you'll find chunks of golden shimmer throughout your face. Not the one I'm going for! (A friend of mine who has better eyes than eagles noticed the shimmers, but he said it's fine enough to not show up in portraits).
If they infuse less shimmer and readjust the formula for sensitive skin, I guess I'd give Photoready a second chance. For now, I think I'm comfortable with this sitting at the back of my drawer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Broke me out in places I don't normally get pimples! I use makeup remover and double cleanse so I know I was cleaning my face properly every evening. After two days of using this I now have three large, angry, almost boil-like pimples. The pump bottle was the only nice thing about this foundation. The coverage was sheer, and did not last. I used 004 Nude for my NC30 skin.

UPDATE: after studying the ingredients list I think the culprit for my breakouts was the dimethicone, which is pretty high up in the ingredients list (3rd).

This is my all time FAVORITE foundation! I love it! This foundation stays on all day! I wore it on my 21st birthday & let me just say things got a little crazy lol I ended up falling asleep in my makeup & the next morning when I woke up I felt horrible but my makeup looked amazing still! I have the whole photo ready collection primer, concealer & foundation I will keep buying! I highly highly recommend!