Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

2.8

This was not even close to a good foundation. I was really hoping that it would give me the airbrushed effect that it 'claims' to give (Hence the name Photoready.) but it did nothing but add sparkling bits of material on my face.
I don't know about anyone else but I do not want my foundation to contain shimmer or glitter since this defeats the whole purpose of what foundation should do: Even skin tone,perhaps correct any imperfections and basically help you to look like you have better skin. This product does nothing of the kind.
It gave a light to medium coverage that really looked cakey no matter how well of an application process you apply.
Best to avoid this all together as it has nothing beneficial to offer anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

A friend recommended this foundation for me, along with its pressed powder, back in 2014. I purchased a bottle out of curiosity (never tried other foundations than Estee Lauder's Double Wear), and I noticed that Photoready isn't for me immediately.
I was given the shade Medium Beige, which matched me perfectly. When I started wearing it on my full face, I noticed that my skin gets a little itchy. I knew it's gonna break me out, and it did. However, the application was easy and nice, it doesn't dry too fast and doesn't oxidize.
The coverage is light to medium, I'd say, but once you apply more than 2 layers, it's going to get really cakey. Not cool. The other con of this foundation is that it contains shimmer. To naked eye from >1m distance, it's invisible, but when you look closely, you'll find chunks of golden shimmer throughout your face. Not the one I'm going for! (A friend of mine who has better eyes than eagles noticed the shimmers, but he said it's fine enough to not show up in portraits).
If they infuse less shimmer and readjust the formula for sensitive skin, I guess I'd give Photoready a second chance. For now, I think I'm comfortable with this sitting at the back of my drawer.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

i really liked this foundation when i first got it. it blended easily and had nice coverage. but... i started noticing little glitters like allllll over my face and i wondered what it could be. i really couldn't believe that there could be a foundation with literal specks of glitter in it, so i looked at my setting powder. nope. i squirted a bit of the foundation onto the back of my hand and behold..... GLITTER PARTY. i threw it away right after that. i don't know how people could walk around with specks of glitter on their faces but...

this foundation in my opinion is water based , however I like the creamy based foundations
more as my skin is dry . the coverage is light to medium, and there is no need to settle it
with a powder because of it has matte finish. I do not like the matte finish that much
because I prefer more healthy glowing look , but I think it would work better with those
with oily or combination skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this because the shade was perfect for me. There's a light shimmer in this foundation which didn't really bother me. It was the way it looked on me, this looked so bad after a couple minutes within applying. It looked so dry around my nose and it was just really patchy. I tried it the next day because I thought maybe it was just my skin and I really wanted to like it but it looked so weird again. It just clings to certain parts of my face that I don't even have issues with. I had to return it. The formulation on this is just off for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin with lots of redness. This is the only foundation that looks almost perfect, doesn´t look cakey, and gives me that fabulous glow. it doesn´t settle in the fine lines and wrinkes, medium coverage, very easy to blend, luminous finish. Cons: doesn´t cover very well blemishes or broken capillaries. At the end of the day, it fades too easily especially on blemishes but still has that healthy skin appearance on the rest of the skin. it is not for oily skin. i don´t settle it with powder all over, only where i need, because I lose the glow effect. I am on the third bottle and keep on coming back to it.

I was so into this product and was using it for year. Recently when I ran out of it, I purchased another one, as usual, my shade is Nude. The next day, like my regular routine, I put my celeteque non-alcoholic moisturizer -nit a huge fan of primer but my like this moisturizer as my under-foundation- I grabbed my new Revlon Photoready in Nude and I was shocked! I turned so Tan that like I have just been sunbathing!!! What happened!! I immediately removed the foundation and settled with my other not so fave one. Went straight to the store where I got it and inquired about the sudden change in color, and guess what they told me? Revlon Photoready came in new shades and most of them were catered to asian skin, and I was like, what about me? My skintone is medium to fair does that mean there isnt any shade for me anymore? They ended up giving me the Ochre shade which they saud was the second shade from the lightes available which I believe was Ivory. And since I am so dead for this product, bought it! The next day, tried it one and here is goes again, I looked so pale like I just got out of the hospital!!! What is happening Revlon! So disappointed. Went to the same store and told the sales rep that I looked like I am sick, not I am in search for a new foundation! Goodbye Photoready! If I will be recommending it, with the new shades they have, you gotta be very very careful, it is was too far the old one. You dont want to waste money like I did.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin and this foundation looked disgusting on me. It is super patchy on my dry spots and it makes me look like a disco ball in the worst way possible. When you apply bronzer on top of this foundation, the bronzer looks awful. However, I've heard really great things about this foundation. My sister and cousin both swear by it, but if you have dry skin, I would steer clear of this stuff.

I love the packaging with this product . The color selection was okay but the product was not great. I thought this was going to have the same staying power as the Revlon Colorstay foundation and I did not like this foundation. Now the actual product gave me a no makeup makeup look but it did not last as long as Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation . It did not oxidize which is good but the lack of staying power just made me regret buying this product and I have not purchased it again since then. If the staying power was better I think I would have repurchased it. I have seen that Revlon came out with another Relon photoready foundation but I have to try it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Broke me out in places I don't normally get pimples! I use makeup remover and double cleanse so I know I was cleaning my face properly every evening. After two days of using this I now have three large, angry, almost boil-like pimples. The pump bottle was the only nice thing about this foundation. The coverage was sheer, and did not last. I used 004 Nude for my NC30 skin.

UPDATE: after studying the ingredients list I think the culprit for my breakouts was the dimethicone, which is pretty high up in the ingredients list (3rd).