Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24

2.7

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

A friend recommended this foundation for me, along with its pressed powder, back in 2014. I purchased a bottle out of curiosity (never tried other foundations than Estee Lauder's Double Wear), and I noticed that Photoready isn't for me immediately.
I was given the shade Medium Beige, which matched me perfectly. When I started wearing it on my full face, I noticed that my skin gets a little itchy. I knew it's gonna break me out, and it did. However, the application was easy and nice, it doesn't dry too fast and doesn't oxidize.
The coverage is light to medium, I'd say, but once you apply more than 2 layers, it's going to get really cakey. Not cool. The other con of this foundation is that it contains shimmer. To naked eye from >1m distance, it's invisible, but when you look closely, you'll find chunks of golden shimmer throughout your face. Not the one I'm going for! (A friend of mine who has better eyes than eagles noticed the shimmers, but he said it's fine enough to not show up in portraits).
If they infuse less shimmer and readjust the formula for sensitive skin, I guess I'd give Photoready a second chance. For now, I think I'm comfortable with this sitting at the back of my drawer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this because the shade was perfect for me. There's a light shimmer in this foundation which didn't really bother me. It was the way it looked on me, this looked so bad after a couple minutes within applying. It looked so dry around my nose and it was just really patchy. I tried it the next day because I thought maybe it was just my skin and I really wanted to like it but it looked so weird again. It just clings to certain parts of my face that I don't even have issues with. I had to return it. The formulation on this is just off for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have dry skin and this foundation looked disgusting on me. It is super patchy on my dry spots and it makes me look like a disco ball in the worst way possible. When you apply bronzer on top of this foundation, the bronzer looks awful. However, I've heard really great things about this foundation. My sister and cousin both swear by it, but if you have dry skin, I would steer clear of this stuff.

This foundation applied beautiful with a foundation brush and I really liked the coverage. It was a really nice shade until it oxidized and I looked like a tangerine. I have fair skin, i purchased the shade "shell". I loved how it had an spf to it. The packaging is awesome with the pump, I really wish this foundation didn't oxidize on me. I will try again in the summer when my skins a little darker.

This is my all time FAVORITE foundation! I love it! This foundation stays on all day! I wore it on my 21st birthday & let me just say things got a little crazy lol I ended up falling asleep in my makeup & the next morning when I woke up I felt horrible but my makeup looked amazing still! I have the whole photo ready collection primer, concealer & foundation I will keep buying! I highly highly recommend!

Love it!!!

Actually, the product itself works fine. Skin looks pretty good in photos and if used properly, looks quite natural in person as well. However, the reason I give this product such a low rating, is because the ingredients in this drugstore foundation are super super bad for oily/acne prone/sensitive skin like mine. At first, the product seemed to have no negative effects, except making my skin oilier than usual. Then, after several weeks, my skin started breaking out like no tomorrow. I am still dealing with the aftereffects of using a product with such bad ingredients. I'm sure some people can use this product with little/no bad side effects but I will never touch another Revlon skin product again. Bad ingredients, not good for my combination skin, has left my skin in a bad condition that I am still trying to fix.