Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set

Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set

4.3

on 7/12/2016 10:10:00 AM

It stays on the brows for a long time, even with no setting spray.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using this product for more than a year now. I bought it on impulse, but I have no regrets! As I was on a budget, I purchased a few cheap eyebrow pencils but they were hard to apply and had weak pigmentation, so I bought this, thinking that it would be easier to use.

I live in Malaysia, the weather is hot and humid most of the time but my brows remain intact. It doesn't fade, and it stays in place. Although it's targeted towards brunettes, I've dyed my hair lighter (medium blonde) before and the lighter shade in the set worked well for me then.

Pros:
- Affordable
- Strong pigmentation
- Natural look
- Stays on all day
- Has a light and dark shade (which can be mixed!)

Cons:
- Inconvenient and flimsy packaging
- Applicator brush is very stiff (I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply the powder)
- Stencils doesn't suit my eyebrow shape.
- After some time, the powder breaks easily.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Nothing beats this brow kit when it comes to value for money. The two pigmented shades are easy to mix or do an ombre brow (if you're into that), making it suit a lot of natural brow colours. It's also buildable, making it easy to achieve natural or strong brows. I use my own angled brush to apply this rather than the tiny one provided and it works perfectly. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired, but Essence tends to release a limited edition brow kit in the same price range with better/prettier looking packaging, so I go for that more often than not. A word to those who like to contour - the lighter of the shades makes a nice cheekbone contour colour for fair folk if applied with a fluffy eyeshadow brush and blended out with a kabuki/powder brush.

Pricing was attractive, and for someone who was just venturing into powder eyebrow kits, I found this a good stepping stone. Upon unpackaging, I was slightly disappointed with the case. It's a flimsy piece of plastic case with a lid that does not catch. So, you can't bring this out for sure - it'll just fall apart in your bag! Furthermore, the powder is on a disposable type plastic mould. The kind that you only expect to hold the *actual* package until you throw it away... except this is the REAL DEAL. The brush is slightly less than mediocre but I guess it will do for touching up (if you can bring it out that is). I eventually bought my own proper brush and trashed it completely.

There is significant fallout, more so when used with the brush it comes with, so make sure you tap tap tap it out. However, the colour is pretty, and it stays on well! It has a good pigmentation for sure, for both the dark and light shade. If you live in a tropical climate like I do, sweat can sometimes lighten the colour after a loooong day outdoors.

Ive been using this powder for about 5 months now. Stays on throughout the day. However, if you forget to remove the powder at night, or forget to reapply everyday, you wake up the next morning with patches/dots of where the old powder wiped off. Im going to presume this is what happens when using all eyebrow powders. I don't like the packaging, if it flips upside down while in your bag, the powder gets all inside the case and then all over your hands when you take it out. it also gets on the handle of the brush, which i dont like too much as its very stiff and way too small. I bought another bigger angled eyebrow brush until i lost it(😂) so had to resort back to the small one. Good enough value for money at €3, lasts 4 months (i use it twice a day) I wouldnt mind investing in a more expensive eyebrow kit if it came with a better brush and a pencil. 6/10 for me.

on 5/16/2016 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't love the packaging, but I liked the powder. It's very pigmented and blendable, don't love the fallout when I sweep the brush. Brush included with the set is quite hard, so I had to use another angled brush.

I don't use the stencil but it's pretty to use.

on 5/13/2016 11:29:00 AM

This was my first brow powder. It works quite well filling in my brows for a softer look. I usually use wax and pomade or pencil now, but this my go to brow powder.

Packaging was crap, I moved it to another case.

I've been using this for my eyebrows on and off for several years now because it's very good for the price. I use the brunette one the darker shade which matches my eyebrows perfectly which is why I keep repurchasing it. It can be so difficult to find the perfect shade for your eyebrows! The brush is ok but I prefer to use my mac 266 brush and I don't use the stencils because they're too big for me. The powder is very pigmented and stays on for very long. I just wish the packaging was better.

This is my all time favourite brow product! Although they have only have the two shades and no more, the lighter shade is perfect for blond brows! The kit has two shades, a small angled brush, and 3 different stencils. Personally, I found the stencils very useful- but I know a few people have found them useless as their brow shape doesn't match.

Pros:
- Great value for money
- Easy to use
- Long lasting
- Useful packaging, good for your travel makeup bag!
- Easy to remove
- Good pigmentation

Cons:
- No shade selection (they only have 01, the natural brunette style)
- The applicator brush is pretty useless as it is so stiff!
- Stencils don't suit everybody

Overall, this is a great brow product for its price and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

on 8/13/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this when I was in Bosnia this year, because I noticed my best friends eyebrows looking flawless, so I asked what she used. The next day she took me to the local drug store and showed me this, and I bought the Brunette color. I love this stuff, it's my HG go to eyebrow shadow now. I apply this with a Sephora flat angle brush and then take a spoolie to even it out. I use the darker side for the end brow, and then go in with the lighter color for the beginning brow and it just looks so natural. I have had so many people ask me what I use for my brows. I've also mentioned this before, but I run almost everyday and no matter how much I sweat, my eyebrows still look awesome after my workout. I love the pigment, the brand, and the price is something you can't beat!

Popular Brows Products