Clarins Clarins Double Serum Complete Age Control Concentrate

3.7

Water, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oxydendron Arboreum Leaf/Stem Callus Culture Extract, Tromethamine, Hydroxyphenoxy Propionic Acid, Sodium PCA, Parfum/Fragrance, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Carbomer, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum Oil, Xanthan Gum, Atractyloides Lancea Root Extract, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Tocopherol, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Thymus Citriodorus Flower/Leaf Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Bark Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Bocoa Prouacensis Extract, Pentapeptide-31, Ascorbic Acid.

Well I lost my money here, and this is not cheap, maybe this brand is not for me, but it didn't do absolutely nothing to my skin, and I didn't like the texture. I hoped it will help with my fine lines and firmness and it did nothing.

This serum did nothing for my skin. It feels good on the skin, it smells good but i din't think it does anything for wrinkles or for glow or pores...i would not buy it again. Very expensive for what it does.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Wow. This stuff is amazing. I've never been a fan of face cream, and usually either didn't use any because it would break me out or stuck to Cereve for its lightness. This makes my skin glow and absorbs very fast, allowing me to wear it under makeup in seconds. Quickly puts an end to any dry spots as well. Will repurchase.

I don't really get why this product has so much negative reviews on here, yet on other websites like Nordstrom, Macys, Sephora, Ulta, etc it has quite great reviews. Based on my experience, this has honestly been one of the very few serums I've used that have truly produced results! When I apply this serum, my face glows and is luminescent. For a beauty product, it truly brings out my beauty.

The negative points about this product is definitely in the packaging. I do not like the two chambers because you cannot equally squeeze/press out both. Thus, you will end up having more/less on one of the two chambers. Secondly, I would have to say that while this serum produces a glowing face for me, it does feel a bit "cosmetic." What I mean by that is that it's very much like applying makeup. It definitely gives me a glow and makes my skin look great. Many people have complimented me on my glowing face, however it doesn't get deep in the layers of my skin and truly produces beautiful skin. Once you wash it off at night or stop using it in general, the results you saw while using the serum will immediately disappear.

That is my biggest hesitation with this product. I love how it makes my face look while using it, but once I no longer have it physically on my face, the glow is gone. Will I purchase it again? Most likely, given that I have not really come across too many serums that truly give me amazing results as this one. Lastly, I would say that I am a bit hesitant on the fact that Clarins use mineral oil as one of it's ingredients. I have done some research on it, and mineral oil seems to not assist in anti-aging and does more harm to your skin than good. I wonder why Clarins decided to utilize this oil amongst many oils that help with anti aging?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was in search of a skin product that would give my face a glow. This was highly recommended by the Clarins SA in Debenhams. 3 days of using it, I developed rashes all over my face which were weeping. The area on my chin and around my mouth burned to the point that it was too painful to even open my mouth. I had to be put on anti-histamines and steroids for 5 days. My skin still hasn't fully recovered 5 months on. I still have bouts of swelling and weepy rashes regularly. It has made my skin so sensitive even to products that I used to use before this problem began. I have tried all sorts of creams and moisturisers prescribed by the GP with no effect.

This is one product I suggest you sample first before buying.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian, but with a tanned/olive complexion, Australian climate.

PROs: I LOVE this serum! The texture is so smooth and light. It is a serum that contains oil but doesn't feel oily at all, nor does it make me break out. The smell is light and not overpowering. My skin feels super smooth and soft. My pores are smaller and my face looks more radiant and refined than before I started using it. I do believe that it is an age control serum, however, it doesn't turn your face from 60 to 20 years, but I definitely see that I look more youthful using it.

CONs: THE BOTTLE - I am almost done with my 50mL bottle and I think ill be wasting a few uses once I cannot pump anything out. I don't think that this bottle I easy to get into unless I smash it open to get whatever is remaining.

Please note, that for myself, this is not a targeted treatment serum, but more so an overall age control serum, like what the product says. I also know I am a huge Clarins fan and user, but this review is not biased. I just haven't really been disappointed using Clarins products.

I truly believe that it works really well for because of the other products that I use as part of my routine:
1. Oil Cleanser (between brands at the moment)
2. Rose Water, as Toner (use SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion twice a week)
3. SK II Facial Treatment Essence
4. Clarins Double Serum (Day), Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil (Night)
5. SK II Stempower Rich Cream (plus Dermalogica AGEsmart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF50, DAY only)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried a sample of this product and after having finished my previous serum I decided to give it a chance. I already used several Clarins products and they are very much hit or miss.

This serum is a total disaster. As everybody knows, the pump is supposed to deliver both ingredients to be mixed in the palm of the hand. Unfortunately, while they oily part is pumped without problem, the whitish serum comes out only in minimal quantities.

At present, the oily component is disappearing super-fast, while the other half is still pretty full. Besides, for the first time in my life, I started to have reddish, bumpy spots on my face. Really not happy and for this price I was hoping for something better. My only consolation is that I bought the small bottle instead of the 50ml. Never again.

Update: I used it for a whole week (mornings only) and it broke havoc on my skin. A massive disaster on the forehead. Since I'd hate to throw away such a costly product I am now using it as a very expensive hand cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Age 46, dry skin with fine lines. This serum has made my skin smoother and more vibrant. Love it!

Ok, I want to like this product because I want to fight aging! But, I am not sure it is going to work out due to a conversation I had with CLARINS customer service. I received a bottled that was not full and called them up to ask them about it. She wanted to make sure the bottle was not broken and mentioned the 2 chambers. She told me one side had serum and the other is WATER! WATER! Can you believe this? WATER!
Maybe this is why the 2nd chamber is opaque and the consistency is watery. To me this stuff does not feel 'right.' Others have mentioned that it is mineral oil which is basically baby oil and bad for your skin. It takes forever to dry and I feel like it accentuates the bad things on your skin. It makes my under eyes appear dark and I do not have under eye circles. I do not even need to wear foundation and I don't. Hopefully, it is working out for some people.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This serum made my pores very large and noticable. It feels heavy on the skin.