Neutrogena Purifying Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Purifying Cream Cleanser
Purifying Cream Cleanser

2.8

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1%, Acne Medication) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sucrose Cocoate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Coco-Glucoside, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Methol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Phylate, Sodium Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance

i have been using this since June and it's been AMAZING... ...until recently. all of a sudden, my face got very red after using it. it immediately broke out into a bright red rash that burned. i don't know what changed, because it's literally the same bottle i originally bought, bit i will not be using it again, nor will i repurchase. use with caution.

on 9/16/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I'm not normally one to be interested in products that are advertised as "natural" because I have oily skin that sometimes needs "harsh" or chemical ingredients to be controlled. I was in CVS and I just grabbed it as an impulse purchase last minute.

Personally, I always thought scrubs were the type of facial wash that worked best for me because I liked being able to feel that the product was being worked into my skin, but I've been using it for a couple weeks now and I feel that it cleans my skin well every night and my face feels smooth and looks brighter. Afterwards I use the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner by The Body Shop and my face feels super fresh.

It removes left over product that I may have missed with a makeup wipe and I really like the creamy texture and the fresh smell. I would buy this cleanser again. I may try it with a facial sponge or brush just because sometimes it drives me crazy when water is running down my arms while I wash my face but that's just me lol

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

The gel cleanser in this line was my HG for a long time. It would cleanse and take off my make up in one step, and it didn't dry me out too badly. The only reason why I switched to this was because it randomly started to make my skin peel, probably because I'm getting a little older and it was the dead of winter in Chicago. This did not do nearly as well of a job at taking my makeup off, even though I believe that's what it says it would do on the bottle. Not only that, but a few weeks after I started using this regularly, I would start to get red patches on my face for a few hours after washing it. After reading the ingredients, I saw that it contains menthol. Why someone would put menthol in a product that is used in the eye area is beyond me. The last straw was today when I discovered that after using this, my eyelids were very red, and stayed that way for a few hours. Time to chuck it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's not too drying and smells great. Essentially does the job. I've been using it for months now with a small facial scrub brush and my skin looks great.

on 1/3/2015 8:59:00 PM

TERRIBLE. broke me out like craaaazy. definitely not suitable for someone with acne. would stay away from this.

Love this facial cleanser! I have been using it for 3 days along with the matching acne spot treatment 3x daily and my face is actually clear!!! All my pimples are gone, and all that is left is some faint marks that seem to be healing nicely! I don't have enough good things to say about it! It works!

The product lathers really nicely, so use a small amount, no complaints about the packaging on this one, it's easy to use. The product smells nicely too and not at all "medicinal" as some acne products smell. Much more natural and environmentally friendly way to treat acne when compared to other products.

I purchased on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $8, and the matching spot treatment was also $8. For $16 for a treatment that WORKS, you can't beat it!

Good gravy! There is enough menthol in this stuff to keep a family of koalas high for a week! Which is good for clearing out one's sinuses but NOT for slathering on the skin! Very irritating, and I'm not particularly sensitive. Had a brief tiny breakout and picked this up. Couldn't get this off fast enough, and when I did, my whole face was pink. And stayed pink for a day and a half. Tried it again a week later, same pink, smelly reaction. Had to be the menthol or something else, I've tried the aspirin mask with no irritation so not the salicylic acid. Trashed the whole tube. It may contain a lot of "naturals," but what they did to my skin is not natural.

I did something I normally don't do and ignored all the negative reviews on this product. I've done that before with HORRIBLE results. But in this case it was a huge win. I actually can't wait to put this on my face in the morning or evening, I get super excited because it feels so nice.

You need to keep in mind that everyone's skin is different when rating a product. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. In my case, this product was perfect for my dry-combination skin. I have a serious problem finding acne products that don't dry my skin to high heaven. I tried Neutrogena's Acne Therapy System and my skin was so badly dried that it took months of using cleansing lotions and tons of moisture intensive treatments to bring it back to normal. I was attracted to this product by the cream aspect and the advertising that it is gentle. This is definitely gentle and soothing, it doesn't lather, is creamy and has a wonderfully minty cooling sensation that soothes any sore spots on my face and leaves my skin glowing. After using it for only a matter of days, I've noticed the cluster of whiteheads and acne that have been on my chin for months are finally clearing up. Follow this with a good moisturizer as always and you'll be really satisfied! I'd recommend using this in conjunction with their Natural's spot treatment and Multivitamin Moisturizer.

on 4/19/2014 5:34:00 PM

this was horrible!!! I was washing my face and noticed a burn but I just thought that it was the cleanser doing it's job. so I washed it off and my face got a rash! it was all red and splotchy and hot and it felt horrible and broke me out so bad. i wouldn't recommend this at all.

on 4/18/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a clean skin maniac..... I bought this product on sale for 4 bucks and wasn't expecting what it did! this is my go to faces wash, every time I try to branch out I come back to this ;) its so refreshing and natural and it has a slight cool chill to it, it's so nice! It clears acne very nicely, it doesn't completely get rid of it (I don't think anything really does) but it maintains nice blemish free-skin.