Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

3.7

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

THIS IS A FINISHING POWDER, NOT A HIGHLIGHTER OR BRONZER OR BLUSH!!!! Just felt the need to put that in all caps since a lot of negative reviews on this powder seem to stem from improper usage. Its not meant to be pigmented or to make your makeup stay longer, its meant to finish your makeup, smooth it out, and blur imperfections. I absolutely love this powder and just find it makes my makeup look so soft and beautiful. It just seems to smooth out any slight texture and just makes the skin look very soft and lit from within. I love that it also takes away that powdery matte look that comes with foundation sometimes. I have this in ethereal light and it is amazing. I would suggest trying out different shades in store to find a match. Overall i love this product BUT i dont think its 100% necessary for everyone. If you are looking for a finely milled powder that will set and blur your makeup this is for you. If you are looking for a highlighter/blush/setting powder then i would suggest looking elsewhere.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Application is so so important with this powder, if you're using it to blur skin and set your whole face. Turns out no brush works with this (except perhaps the brush from the company but I am not spending money on that), what worked for me after months of hating this product and sad about wasting my money was using my fingers to apply this! It works so well I was taken aback, and then I started laughing hysterically. It literally blurred my skin. I could not believe it, it was magic. Before that all this powder did was make me look more dry than I am and made me look ashy before disappearing into my skin. :/

So yeah I'd recommend this to everyone, my friends, my sister, my uncle, my neighbor, heck, even your cat should have one. This stuff rocks.

on 11/18/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the triple set of these and was amazed how good it is. But they are not highlighters. I use a large fan brush over all 3 colours then gently dust over my face after powder. It really does give that "lit fom within" look, not shiny or greasy looking. I have very oily skin and thus require to powder after foundation and this gets rid of the "powdery" effect. Very expensive but worth it.

on 11/17/2016 2:29:00 AM

Beautiful packaging finely milled powder-that's it. Does nothing and stays on for 2 hours max on my normal combi acne prone skin. I gave it a good try I've tried ethereal diffused and dim, dun was the best of the three I've tried but still failed to meet the expectations I had from all the hype!!! For a subtle highlighter It doesn't give a glow, like say MAC msf and for a powder it does nothing to set or hold up. I think this would look good on someone with already v fine and has naturally good perfect skin.

on 8/27/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used the luminous and dim light versions and love both. I use the luminous light mainly under the eyes because it has a slight shimmer and I use the dim light all over.

These powders are not so light that they are unable to set my makeup and not so heavy that they seem cakey on me. I like that I only need a little, because this is quite an expensive powder, and this has lasted me ages. I must also say they are quite beautiful and were one of the first powders to provide a diffused look to your skin.

Overall I do love this just hate the idea of running out.

on 7/22/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I caught on late with this product, but glad I did. It is a beauty! Have it in radiant light as I am a medium with yellow undertones and it is works so well to add radiance, blur imperfections and add a lightly bronzed look without being cakey. The powder is so light and very buildable. I can see why these powders are so popular! Perfect for combination to oily skins. I live in Singapore which is hot and humid and it's perfect. Not sure how well it would work in a cooler drier climate with people of drier skins so do test before buying as these powders are not cheap.

on 6/23/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product was nice, I have sensitive skin and am very cautious as to what I put on my face, I didn't get any bad reactions. I liked this product but did not love it, I doubt that I would buy it again.

on 6/19/2016 5:41:00 PM

It was the largest disappointment ever. In my entire life. (This is compared to my holy grail powder guerlain meteorites so the review may be harsh.) First off I have pale skin- i bought this palette for a natural contour however the lightest powder is my skin colour at best- it even seems to turn up a shade darker- maybe it's faulty as in pictures it looked a lot paler. The darker colours do contour and blend well but it doesn't feel good. The powder feels really heavy on my face- it's also itchy for some reason. It feels cakey and does make my face look slightly ashy. I tried to put the lighter colour on slightly heavier but it caked badly- even after kicking off excess powder and it made my under eyes actually look darker. The packaging is also quite flimsy and feels awkward to use. A lot of the product inside ends up mixing which may also turn the lighter colour darker. I do use it but only because I spent so much on it. My skin is also really fussy and it just doesn't like the product. I wish I had read all these reviews first...

on 5/20/2016 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased the palette so I could try more than one powder. I do like Dim Light because of the diffusing effect it has on my skin - I actually received many compliments when using Dim Light. Incandescent Light is a gorgeous opalescent shade that is best used as a highlighter. That said, it's not at all different from most highlighters on the market, including LE products. I have yet to put a dent in this shade b/c I tend to rotate most of my highlighters and this one doesn't stand out to the point where I find myself reaching for it like I do my IT Cosmetics highlighter. Radiant Light is my least favorite in the palette. It's supposed to be a bronzer but it's so orange that it's not at all complimentary. I have touched it twice in the 2 years I've had this palette and can't see myself really using it all that much. This palette is far too pricey to have products in it that don't work for most. While I love the Dim & Incandescent, the price point is too high to justify a repurchase AND there are excellent dupes on the market for a fraction of the price.

on 2/22/2016 12:33:00 PM

BEAUTIFUL! I'm not a powder person, I despise powders. My skin is dry and always longing for moisture but the hype around this product made me curious. I'm so glad i bought into everyone's reviews. I can't even tell I have any powder on my face with this and the texture is so smooth! I bought Dim Light and absolutely love it. I'm curious to try others as well. Lately Ive been in a low key makeup kind of mood, so I'll spray some MAC fix plus on my face, throw on concealer wherever needed and then top it off with this powder. It looks beautiful all day long. Definitely will repurchase with no hesitation, the price is worth it.