Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

3.7

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 7/22/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I caught on late with this product, but glad I did. It is a beauty! Have it in radiant light as I am a medium with yellow undertones and it is works so well to add radiance, blur imperfections and add a lightly bronzed look without being cakey. The powder is so light and very buildable. I can see why these powders are so popular! Perfect for combination to oily skins. I live in Singapore which is hot and humid and it's perfect. Not sure how well it would work in a cooler drier climate with people of drier skins so do test before buying as these powders are not cheap.

on 6/23/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product was nice, I have sensitive skin and am very cautious as to what I put on my face, I didn't get any bad reactions. I liked this product but did not love it, I doubt that I would buy it again.

To Read all 61 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/19/2016 5:41:00 PM

It was the largest disappointment ever. In my entire life. (This is compared to my holy grail powder guerlain meteorites so the review may be harsh.) First off I have pale skin- i bought this palette for a natural contour however the lightest powder is my skin colour at best- it even seems to turn up a shade darker- maybe it's faulty as in pictures it looked a lot paler. The darker colours do contour and blend well but it doesn't feel good. The powder feels really heavy on my face- it's also itchy for some reason. It feels cakey and does make my face look slightly ashy. I tried to put the lighter colour on slightly heavier but it caked badly- even after kicking off excess powder and it made my under eyes actually look darker. The packaging is also quite flimsy and feels awkward to use. A lot of the product inside ends up mixing which may also turn the lighter colour darker. I do use it but only because I spent so much on it. My skin is also really fussy and it just doesn't like the product. I wish I had read all these reviews first...

on 5/20/2016 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased the palette so I could try more than one powder. I do like Dim Light because of the diffusing effect it has on my skin - I actually received many compliments when using Dim Light. Incandescent Light is a gorgeous opalescent shade that is best used as a highlighter. That said, it's not at all different from most highlighters on the market, including LE products. I have yet to put a dent in this shade b/c I tend to rotate most of my highlighters and this one doesn't stand out to the point where I find myself reaching for it like I do my IT Cosmetics highlighter. Radiant Light is my least favorite in the palette. It's supposed to be a bronzer but it's so orange that it's not at all complimentary. I have touched it twice in the 2 years I've had this palette and can't see myself really using it all that much. This palette is far too pricey to have products in it that don't work for most. While I love the Dim & Incandescent, the price point is too high to justify a repurchase AND there are excellent dupes on the market for a fraction of the price.

on 2/22/2016 12:33:00 PM

BEAUTIFUL! I'm not a powder person, I despise powders. My skin is dry and always longing for moisture but the hype around this product made me curious. I'm so glad i bought into everyone's reviews. I can't even tell I have any powder on my face with this and the texture is so smooth! I bought Dim Light and absolutely love it. I'm curious to try others as well. Lately Ive been in a low key makeup kind of mood, so I'll spray some MAC fix plus on my face, throw on concealer wherever needed and then top it off with this powder. It looks beautiful all day long. Definitely will repurchase with no hesitation, the price is worth it.

on 9/19/2015 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is a godsend. i've been using it for years and have tried a few colors but am currently digging the "dim light" shade. it makes my crappy skin look pretty flawless and smooths, blends and covers my foundation and cover-up while still managing to give a natural-looking glow. these are the only products i've stuck with over the years!!!
only downside is the price, but it's worth it! ive tried TONS of other powders- nothing makes my skin look as good as this!

on 8/11/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I waited a long time for the hype to die down before considering these. Sephora recommended

I ended up buying a few shades, the DIM, Luminous and MOOD color.

The powder is so fine, you don't feel it on your skin, it is really fast and goof proof - if you get the right shade.

That is the tough part, getting the right shade for me it was LUMINOUS

DIM was too dark for my very fair red skin

MOOD was too red for my red skin

LUMINOUS is not much color but leans yellow-beige thus helps the redness in my skin to disappear

I wear no foundation, just a bit of NARS concealer in Vanilla to try to cover up undereyes, and the redness around my nose, and face. I have too much redness and dry skin. Foundation / BB / CC all just dries me out

I found the shade LUMINOUS to be the best shade all over, and to build up on my cheeks the yellow peach combined with my red cheeks turns into a pretty peachy color that looks like a really natural flush

It is goof proof. I can throw this on with any powder brush set my concealer highlight the under and over my eyebrows build up color on my cheeks and do a once over all face to pull together

Yep, expensive stuff

Worth it ?

When you find something that makes your make up bag shrink down to a handful of items that work, pull your face together fast and easy, zip zap fool proof, it is worth the price to me.

I use
1). NARS Creamy Concealer Vanilla - $29 and WISH I could find a good dupe
2). BLINC Mascara the tube kind ($24) wish I could use other types
3). Brow mousse (Blinc) fast super fast and easy on my thicker brows
4). Small eyeshadow palette of 2 brows 1 white 1 pink 1 graphite + 2 L'Oreal s
5). Lippies - Rimmel & Revlon currently my fav
6). An old Paula Dorf bronzer around my hair sheer powder in bronze

Less is more, so if you reduce the # of products and find a handful that work really well for you I guess it is worth the price

Gosh knows I have tossed out so much make up $$$

So yes to me it is worth the money, to others if it doesn't reduce the number of products you need or replace another item or 2, or make your life easier, I would skip it

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This powder is AMAZING for diffusing my large pores in general and I highly recommend it. I'm currently using "Diffused Light" (yellow tone similar to Ben Nye Banana Powder....but better) to set my concealer and to highlight the areas of my face that would normally catch the light. This powder photographs beautifully to make you look like you were in the perfect lighting. The downside is the price however you are receiving a beautifully crafted compact and a crazy amount of pressed powder that will last long enough for you to forget you spent $58 on it. I'd say overall this is a quality product that is finely milled and is perfect for mature skin to give us that dewy glow of our youth. I think the most important tip to using this is making sure you're using the right brush. I use a stippling highlight brush for a controlled precise application to show up exactly where I want it. The price was a deterrent to me prior to actually using it but once I used it and saw the immediate result I was hooked enough to make sure I add each color to my collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this! I am 55 yrs old and the first weekend I used it I have several people tell me I had such beautiful skin. Not something I am use to hearing!! It gives me a glow but it's not shiny. I feel beautiful when I look in the mirror because my skin looks great. I'm usually not one to spend a lot of money on makeup products. I've used this for months and I still have lots of product to use so it lasts a long time. I will keep buying this even though I think it is expensive.

on 4/1/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

All the hypes .... sigh.
Its really nothing special, on my dry skin & oily T zone are alike.
Its really a 3 lippies, but for the over-price, down to 2 lippies.
No re-purchase.