Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

3.7

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Olymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Olyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain : Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 4/14/2018 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh wow! I love these powders so much! So first off these are NOT highlighters and they are NOT Setting powders, they are Finishing Powders that you apply after you have finished your makeup. Now I will admit I do sometimes set my makeup with these if I'm in a hurry, and I have been on kicks where I will set my under eye concealer with these, but they aren't technically meant to set your makeup, and if you are oily you will still need a setting powder if you want long lasting staying power. Dryer skin types could get away with it but if your base is very tacky these could look a little patchy if not buffed/blended in well.

Ok with that out of the way, I want to say I am just completely obsessed with these powders, they are truly unique. When you apply them they do something so beautiful to the skin, it's hard to explain but they give you like an airbrushed youthful healthy look. They help soften and smooth out the look of your skin, blur pores and other imperfections, even blemishes, and cover redness, while also adding back color to your skin giving it a little more dimension.

So I have the shades Luminous light, Dim Light, and Ethereal Light, for reference I have fair-light skin. Luminous Light actually does have a slight bit of micro shimmer in it, but it is not noticed by others unless you are literally like 3 inches from them, otherwise it looks like you have smooth healthy skin. Dim light has no particles of shimmer but has a very slight pearl effect kind of like an opal in a way, but beige in color and you don't see this when you put it on the skin. On the skin it just gives you an airbrushed look, like you are hydrated and youthful.

I think that for anyone that is complexion obsessed, and pays attention to detail will really love this product. I used to freelance and every Artist I worked with used an ambient lighting powder in their kit. They just photograph so beautifully, and give brides an extra special glow. So if any of that sounds like you, I think it's worth picking one up to try.

I have this in Diffused Light,it’s the second lightest shade with yellow undertones, I’m NC20 btw!
This stuff has a G L I T T E R in it! I’m not talking about chunky glitter but I don’t want to be able to see the glitter on my face even with a luminous face powder.
It’s not oil absorbing but I knew that so I don’t mind it.
The good news is that I can use it to set my concealer and brighten my undereyes because it’s finely milled.
Glitter translates beautifully on videos and photos but in real life it’s noticeable and I don’t like it especially all over the face which is why I dislike this powder!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful light silky powder to add a subtle glow. I have it in Luminous Light and diffused light. I wear powder foundations so I often just add a touch of one of these powders to add a subtle glow.Love these and highly recommend giving it a try.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

THIS IS A FINISHING POWDER, NOT A HIGHLIGHTER OR BRONZER OR BLUSH!!!! Just felt the need to put that in all caps since a lot of negative reviews on this powder seem to stem from improper usage. Its not meant to be pigmented or to make your makeup stay longer, its meant to finish your makeup, smooth it out, and blur imperfections. I absolutely love this powder and just find it makes my makeup look so soft and beautiful. It just seems to smooth out any slight texture and just makes the skin look very soft and lit from within. I love that it also takes away that powdery matte look that comes with foundation sometimes. I have this in ethereal light and it is amazing. I would suggest trying out different shades in store to find a match. Overall i love this product BUT i dont think its 100% necessary for everyone. If you are looking for a finely milled powder that will set and blur your makeup this is for you. If you are looking for a highlighter/blush/setting powder then i would suggest looking elsewhere.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Application is so so important with this powder, if you're using it to blur skin and set your whole face. Turns out no brush works with this (except perhaps the brush from the company but I am not spending money on that), what worked for me after months of hating this product and sad about wasting my money was using my fingers to apply this! It works so well I was taken aback, and then I started laughing hysterically. It literally blurred my skin. I could not believe it, it was magic. Before that all this powder did was make me look more dry than I am and made me look ashy before disappearing into my skin. :/

So yeah I'd recommend this to everyone, my friends, my sister, my uncle, my neighbor, heck, even your cat should have one. This stuff rocks.

on 11/18/2016 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the triple set of these and was amazed how good it is. But they are not highlighters. I use a large fan brush over all 3 colours then gently dust over my face after powder. It really does give that "lit fom within" look, not shiny or greasy looking. I have very oily skin and thus require to powder after foundation and this gets rid of the "powdery" effect. Very expensive but worth it.

on 11/17/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful packaging finely milled powder-that's it. Does nothing and stays on for 2 hours max on my normal combi acne prone skin. I gave it a good try I've tried ethereal diffused and dim, dun was the best of the three I've tried but still failed to meet the expectations I had from all the hype!!! For a subtle highlighter It doesn't give a glow, like say MAC msf and for a powder it does nothing to set or hold up. I think this would look good on someone with already v fine and has naturally good perfect skin.

on 8/27/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have used the luminous and dim light versions and love both. I use the luminous light mainly under the eyes because it has a slight shimmer and I use the dim light all over.

These powders are not so light that they are unable to set my makeup and not so heavy that they seem cakey on me. I like that I only need a little, because this is quite an expensive powder, and this has lasted me ages. I must also say they are quite beautiful and were one of the first powders to provide a diffused look to your skin.

Overall I do love this just hate the idea of running out.

on 7/22/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I caught on late with this product, but glad I did. It is a beauty! Have it in radiant light as I am a medium with yellow undertones and it is works so well to add radiance, blur imperfections and add a lightly bronzed look without being cakey. The powder is so light and very buildable. I can see why these powders are so popular! Perfect for combination to oily skins. I live in Singapore which is hot and humid and it's perfect. Not sure how well it would work in a cooler drier climate with people of drier skins so do test before buying as these powders are not cheap.

on 6/23/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product was nice, I have sensitive skin and am very cautious as to what I put on my face, I didn't get any bad reactions. I liked this product but did not love it, I doubt that I would buy it again.