Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder - Dim Light

4.2

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used up the $22 travel size recently, and decided to grab the full size. This is that "wake up my face, give me
life" type of product. I'm 49, and have great skin for my age, my issue is I don't wear a lot of face makeup, and I do need that extra oomph to liven up my face, without adding tons of color/coverage. I prefer to use this all over as a final finishing powder, using a large fluffy brush to press it into my skin..I love using the pink and gold Tarte powder brush for this. Dim light is the only shade that really flatters my N22/25 very neutral skin tone, and gives me a flawless airbrushed look..definitely recommend.

I have been eyeing this powder for quite a while, but I could never bring myself to splurge until I finally saw it in travel size at a Bangkok Sephora. Even though I have tried so many great Japanese powders, Dim Light is up there in my top five. It blurs and perfects the skin with such a nice, natural sheen. I think though that it is not the best at oil control, as I’ve noticed that my face looked really shiny after only a few hours, and it is winter here. However, having the mini size, I just chuck it in my bag and reapplying a light dusting doesn’t make my skin look cakey. I would totally repurchase the larger size.

I'm NC20, combo/oily. I'm 30, so my skin isn't the acne and greasy mess it used to be, though I never had that youthful "glow" to begin with because my skin was garbage.
I feel like this powder gives me what I never had.
After my makeup is done and set, I'll take a big fluffy brush ( Ecotools large powder brush works amazing with this) and coat the brush in the pan. I'll press the brush onto my skin, avoiding the pores near my cheeks though. Then dust off the excess. I find this powder adds a subtle life to the face that'll make people go " Hmm not sure what it is, but you look healthy".
There are other similar and cheaper powders that work quite well like Fyrinnae's Hollywood Sorcery.
This is also great to use when you feel like you're looking a little flat, like how I feel sometimes if I'm using a long-wearing high coverage Matt foundation.
I like this a lot and plan on repurchasing when it's done.

I love it! It's a perfect powder. I use it as blush and eye shadow and it's so natural looking. The colour is beautiful and has a slight sheen / shimmer. Not too much not too little, just right! 😚👌
It is expensive but I think it's one of those little luxuries that if you can afford it, treat yourself.
They are also available in the smaller and more affordable "travel size", which I bought at Sephora, and find it lasts about 3 months or so of daily use.
The palette version of these powders is on my wish list.

Donc, cette gamme est un favori de tous les temps pour moi. Certainement dans mes cinq meilleurs produits.
Ils créent un effet filtré doux sur la peau qui ne ressemble à aucune autre poudre de rehaussement que j'ai jamais utilisée. Je l'aime tellement que j'ai acheté trois couleurs distinctes, plus la palette, plus un blush. Des photographies comme un rêve.
Cette couleur particulière est un rose tendre, il est donc peu probable que ce soit une couleur géniale pour tout le monde, mais plutôt un surligneur doux. Sur une peau bronzée, il agit comme un surligneur, sur une peau pâle, il se transforme également en un léger blush. Essayez sur un autre blush pour améliorer la texture et l'effet, vous ne serez pas déçu. Après environ une heure, le résultat est optimal au moment où il se «dépose» sur la peau. Ça vaut le coup de payer le

On my second one, I nearly love it. It's deffo blurring and I look younger, controls oil to about 3pm on me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It’s a super pricey setting powder, but creats amazing look! It gives luminous finish and looks so natural. My new HG setting powder!

This product emphasizes pores! I used it for a year all over my face, until I moved homes and the room light improved for makeup application. To my horror my pores were emphasized by this product. I felt so embarrassed to have been going to work and people must have been looking at shiny craters on my face wondering what's going on. Even before I noticed that this product emphasizes pores, I was fooling myself into believing that it somehow blurs or improves my skin - spoiler - it doesn't!

Not sure what to do with this product now. It's so expensive (also have Diffused Light). It's too light for a bronzer and too dark to put under my eyes. I could use it on top of matte blush but who wants an extra step in the morning.

I can't believe I bought into all that hype about this product - emperor has new clothes- that's what this product is.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder. It's so finely Miller and looks amazing as a finishing powder as it has just the tiniest bit of glow that doesn't emphasize texture. This in not a highlighter as I've seen other people mention. It's way too subtle to highlight, but used correctly, it does give me a blurred effect to my skin. Also great for under the eyes to set but look natural and less dry.

I actually bought Dim Light because it had the least amount of shimmer and use it as a finishing powder. My personal preference, I don’t like the super shimmer shiny look on my oily combination skin.
The shade fits nicely with my NC25/30 skin tone and leaves a semi sheen upon application. The powder is somewhat creamy and blurs some imperfections on my complexion. Overall I would not use it as a shimmer but a luxurious face powder