Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

4.3

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I finally gave into buying this in December, and I was so excited to use it because it swatched so nicely! But I have to say, I would take it or leave it at this point, I dont get the hype. I use it as an all-over powder to set my Guerlain foundation, and it makes it look oxidized, and Im not even that fair. It does initially blur my pores and gives my skin a nice glow, but it does absolutely nothing to control oil. It looks okay the first few hours after application, but then my oil comes through like nothing, and the shimmer in the product makes me look even greasier. The effect it gives the skin does not last very long, probably due to my skin type. For the price especially, I won't be buying again. It may work much better on dry or normal skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this for my birthday makeup haul from Sephora and I almost bought the smaller size because I wasn't sure if I would like it. I am so glad I decided to get the full size! This powder gives a beautiful finish to my skin and seems to make my pores disappear. I love it and it's definitely my HG powder!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This gives a nice finish to your foundation as another reviewer said, and it is forgiving on dry skin and even dry patches to a degree. Notice I said to a degree. Its arguably the best powder for dry skin, however using a lot of this on dry skin isn't the best idea, it doesn't look awful but it gives the same effect as using translucent powder on very dry skin on top of foundation then, with that "dry" look.
Aside from that though, the finish is very nice, I apply with my fingers actually because brushes aren't the best idea for all the dry patches on my skin and it somewhat blurs skin but I have indented acne scarring and it doesn't really blur that. So blurring properties are decent I guess.
I really like this though because it gives a slight luminosity as well as a somewhat matte yet velvet finish, leaning more towards velvet (matte only because this thing is a powder). Makes any foundation look better.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good finishing powder. It's incredibly subtle, would never show up on me as a highlighter, which I've heard some people can do. But it definitely does a good job of finishing up my look. I got the sample size for $22 at Sephora. Wouldn't spend the money for the full size, so I'm glad I was able to get the small one.

Bought this after it was recommended by the Mecca girl. On my third pan.
I have very pale skin and in winter, very gentle sweep gives a nice healthy look. In summer, its dark enough for me to use in place of bronzer.
I love this product although I notice that it sometimes makes my pores look larger/fine lines more noticeable so be cautious if you base isnt perfectly smooth...which mine never is

LOVE it! I've used so many powders and this is just the best i have ever come across. To start with, i use copious amounts of this and it never seems to run out (so far). Secondly, it just adds such a nice finish to your foundation. It is not a heavy powder, so you'll never look cakey with this one like you can with others. It just goes on so smoothly and subtly. Another bonus is that it sets the foundation at the same time as evens out your foundation. It also gives it a more natural look. I would highly recommend anyone to try this!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had this particular shade since it's release and at first it was great but I noticed that when I get darker during the summer this isn't a great fit as my skin appears flat and ashy gray. Not ideal at all. I originally was using it all over and then resorted to undereye area as a setting powder for concealer. For reference I'm a nc45 range in MAC and golden in Bobbi Brown. I will retiring this out my makeup stash because ashy and flat is not a look I'm going for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this been all my life?? I didn't buy into the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders for the longest time. Seemed kind of gimmicky to me and like they really wouldn't do much. I was so very wrong. I decided on a whim to pick up Dim Light on a recent Sephora outing. I figured if I really didn't like it I would return it, no harm no foul. That was 2 months ago and I can now say this powder will be in my vanity for ever and ever. It's very finely milled, smooth, silky and just a touch dusty in the compact. But on my face it's magic. I use it as an all over finishing powder, just a light dusting. And my face just looks better. Everything kind of smooths out, my pores and fine lines aren't as noticeable. It has a slightly luminous finish but no actual glitter that I can detect. The effect is subtle for sure, so if you're expecting miracles you won't be impressed. But if you want a bit of smoothness, a bit of glow, and a touch of blurring of lines and pores this is for you. Also, this shade just about matches my skin tone so that might be another reason it works so well for me. My mom actually commented on my skin just the other day, she said it looked very smooth and glowy. And I don't have great skin so I don't hear those kinds of comments often. This powder is a winner in my book.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

My HG finishing powder. It makes my skin look luminous and fresh. It does not settle into my lines. I do spritz a setting spray over it but this does not diminish the final look. I have three backups, that's how much I love the way it makes my skin look. A note - a little goes a long way, so go easy and buff lightly into your skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the travel size as I very rarely use the same product to pan. Its a very nice finishing powder that blurs out some imperfections and smoothes out the skin. It's a very nice product.