Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light

4.2

Mica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Benzoic Acid, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Potassium Sorbate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride),Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide),Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide),Ci 75470 (Carmine).

I'm NC20, combo/oily. I'm 30, so my skin isn't the acne and greasy mess it used to be, though I never had that youthful "glow" to begin with because my skin was garbage.
I feel like this powder gives me what I never had.
After my makeup is done and set, I'll take a big fluffy brush ( Ecotools large powder brush works amazing with this) and coat the brush in the pan. I'll press the brush onto my skin, avoiding the pores near my cheeks though. Then dust off the excess. I find this powder adds a subtle life to the face that'll make people go " Hmm not sure what it is, but you look healthy".
There are other similar and cheaper powders that work quite well like Fyrinnae's Hollywood Sorcery.
This is also great to use when you feel like you're looking a little flat, like how I feel sometimes if I'm using a long-wearing high coverage Matt foundation.
I like this a lot and plan on repurchasing when it's done.

I love it! It's a perfect powder. I use it as blush and eye shadow and it's so natural looking. The colour is beautiful and has a slight sheen / shimmer. Not too much not too little, just right! 😚👌
It is expensive but I think it's one of those little luxuries that if you can afford it, treat yourself.
They are also available in the smaller and more affordable "travel size", which I bought at Sephora, and find it lasts about 3 months or so of daily use.
The palette version of these powders is on my wish list.

Donc, cette gamme est un favori de tous les temps pour moi. Certainement dans mes cinq meilleurs produits.
Ils créent un effet filtré doux sur la peau qui ne ressemble à aucune autre poudre de rehaussement que j'ai jamais utilisée. Je l'aime tellement que j'ai acheté trois couleurs distinctes, plus la palette, plus un blush. Des photographies comme un rêve.
Cette couleur particulière est un rose tendre, il est donc peu probable que ce soit une couleur géniale pour tout le monde, mais plutôt un surligneur doux. Sur une peau bronzée, il agit comme un surligneur, sur une peau pâle, il se transforme également en un léger blush. Essayez sur un autre blush pour améliorer la texture et l'effet, vous ne serez pas déçu. Après environ une heure, le résultat est optimal au moment où il se «dépose» sur la peau. Ça vaut le coup de payer le

On my second one, I nearly love it. It's deffo blurring and I look younger, controls oil to about 3pm on me.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It’s a super pricey setting powder, but creats amazing look! It gives luminous finish and looks so natural. My new HG setting powder!

This product emphasizes pores! I used it for a year all over my face, until I moved homes and the room light improved for makeup application. To my horror my pores were emphasized by this product. I felt so embarrassed to have been going to work and people must have been looking at shiny craters on my face wondering what's going on. Even before I noticed that this product emphasizes pores, I was fooling myself into believing that it somehow blurs or improves my skin - spoiler - it doesn't!

Not sure what to do with this product now. It's so expensive (also have Diffused Light). It's too light for a bronzer and too dark to put under my eyes. I could use it on top of matte blush but who wants an extra step in the morning.

I can't believe I bought into all that hype about this product - emperor has new clothes- that's what this product is.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this powder. It's so finely Miller and looks amazing as a finishing powder as it has just the tiniest bit of glow that doesn't emphasize texture. This in not a highlighter as I've seen other people mention. It's way too subtle to highlight, but used correctly, it does give me a blurred effect to my skin. Also great for under the eyes to set but look natural and less dry.

I actually bought Dim Light because it had the least amount of shimmer and use it as a finishing powder. My personal preference, I don’t like the super shimmer shiny look on my oily combination skin.
The shade fits nicely with my NC25/30 skin tone and leaves a semi sheen upon application. The powder is somewhat creamy and blurs some imperfections on my complexion. Overall I would not use it as a shimmer but a luxurious face powder

I so wanted to love this product, but sadly, it did not work for me. I used it as a finishing powder, as suggested by the SA and many MUAers. On the positive side, this is probably the most luxurious-feeling powder I have ever used. There is no denying the quality - it feels almost creamy. I used the Sonia Kashuk 01 Large Powder Brush (amazing brush, btw) to apply over my foundation and the whole experience just felt decadent. The color as a finishing powder for my NC25-30 skin worked well. There was no visible sheen, and upon immediate application the effect was, as others have commented, blurring and smoothing. It did not at all accentuate my pores or fine lines. The compact itself felt substantial and sturdy. Although pricey, there was plenty of product in the compact and I never felt like I would run out of this anytime soon.

Unfortunately, it was downhill from there.

Not even halfway (more like quarter way) through my day, my (normal/combination) skin felt like an oil slick. My makeup was halfway down my face. Even in the dead of winter, when the cold air and dry heat normally skew my complexion towards the normal/dry side, my matte blush and foundation did not stay put. Whatever makes this product feel so creamy and luxe will definitely add moisture to your face! So, while this powder is indeed very high quality, I can't imagine that anyone other than those with extremely dry skin will be happy with the results.

Another thing I noticed was that this powder, in spite of it's sheer, almost imperceptible application, felt rather heavy on my face as the day wore on. When I took my makeup off at night, I found I needed to use extra makeup remover wipes (Neutrogena) in addition to my usual cleansing routine. When I looked at the wipes, there was a TON of powder on it!! I know this was the powder and not my foundation because the same amount would come off whether or not I used foundation ( I sometimes just use powder). So I've deduced that this powder is deceptively pigmented.

In an attempt to re-purpose this product, I plan to try it as an eyes shadow base, using a tenacious (UDPP) e/s primer to hopefully combat the moisture issue, as I have oily eyelids (even in the driest weather). If that doesn't work out, I will give it to my mother who has very dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Oh, I so wanted to love this powder. I love the idea of dusting a powder on my face and having everything kind of blur. Unfortunately, this did nothing for me. It is beautiful and I loved the packaging and it took me awhile to finally pass it along to my niece who wanted it so bad. Maybe I'm too fair? Not sure. But this didn't work and it sadly turned me off from all other Hourglass blurring products.