MILANI Color Statement Lipstick (All Colors)

4.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I own this in Nude Creme, Matte Dreamy and Matte Confident. Nude Creme isn't that great as it looks patchy and crumbles. But the other 2 are great,especially Matte Dreamy. It's very long lasting, pigmented and keeps my lips moisturized, though my lips chap easily. So, I definetly recommend trying this in store, because some of the shades aren't that great.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While I do not love the smell of these lipsticks, the formula is amazing enough that I can get past it. For the record, they aren't as stinky as Milani's older lipsticks, though the scent is very similar. The non-matte shades wear well and are pigmented, and they don't dry out the lips, and the mattes are only slightly drying. The shade range is very nice for drugstore, and while you won't find outrageous colors like blue or green, they do have some very fun "safe" pops of color in the line along with all kinds of awesome reds, pinks, and berries.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I keep this in my purse at all times. I wear shade Matte Tender. On me it is a nice neutral mauve pink. Like most matte lipsticks I always keep lip balm nearby since it sometimes dries my lips out. But I love how it looks and how long lasting it is.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have two of these in Nude Creme and Matte Kiss. The Nude Creme isn't "nude" anything on my lips- it's straight up baby pink. This is fine, but was a letdown as it wasn't what I expected or wanted. The Matte Kiss is red, and is highly pigmented but a little on the dry side.

Overall, they're decent quality but not exactly consistent from one lipstick to another. For this reason it will not be a repurchase, but is otherwise a good product if you don't mind the element of surprise and flexibility in shade range from one lipstick tube to the next.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

THESE LIPSTICKS ARE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! They go for about $6 and I swear they are the best lipsticks you will ever use! the packaging is so pretty I love the gold tube, it gives it a higher end type of look. The lipstick itself smells nice, and the formula is awesome! It glides on your lips smoothly and it's super pigmented and not patchy at all. I have lipsticks that are $20++ and they do not look anywhere near as good as these lipsticks. I will never buy another type of lipstick after using these they are quality and not harsh on the wallet!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love these so much! I keep buying them and I’m sure I’ll get more! They perform as well as the high end lipsticks I’ve tried and the price is right. So many lovely colors. I get compliments on them all the time. I have Dulce Caramelo, Cabaret Blend, Teddy Bare, Plumrose - I think that’s all so far. Highly recommend!

I love a good drugstore lippie and this is definitely one of them! It’s pigmented, comfortable, cheap, doesnt smell or taste funky and the colours are beautiful!! I would definitely recommend these lippies any time of the day! The only thing i dont like is the packaging. Not that it’s bad or anything Im just a packaging whore and these didnt appeal to me BUT because the quality itself is really good i will get over it haha. I only have 1 so far (matte beauty no.69) but i need to get more asap!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this l/s. I have two shades, dulce caramelo and nude creme. They are lightweight, hydrating, pigmented and smell wonderful. They usually put milani on sale at CVS so the price was good. I am not a big l/s person at all, usually just wear chapstick or vaseline but these feel so comfortable on my lips that I don't mind wearing them. They're not very long lasting, esp if you're eating or drinking but they are so easy to reapply that it doesn't matter to me. I don't even need a mirror for reapplying because the two shades I have are nude-ish, and very forgiving. I would definitely repurchase the shades I have and will most likely try more colors.

I have been experiencing with cruelty free cosmetic brands and have heard great things about these lipsticks from Milani. I went back and forth on them for several weeks, telling myself that I didn't need any more lip products but eventually caved and picked up Naturally Chic and Pretty Natural at my local CVS store for by one get one 50% off this week.

I must say, these are nice lipsticks. They go on nicely and are pretty pigmented as well. I usually have a thin layer of balm on underneath anyway so I didn't notice any drying. People have commented on the watermelon smell, yes it's definitely there but I don't notice it too much which is good for me. If I had that might pose a problem. I also really like the packaging, it's a bit flashy but it reminds me of high end cosmetics, only at the drugstore price.

I really like the shade Naturally Chic, it's kind of a russet color which I don't have anything else like currently. I had a lipstick years and years ago by Charles of the Ritz (remember that brand?), it was a sample or freebie given to me by someone as they didn't want it. I liked the lipstick a lot, was a definite favorite of mine and then I lost it. I have never found anything close to that shade until now. This is definite keeper for me.

Pretty Natural is not bad either, I was debating between this one and Plumrose. I thought Pretty Natural would be a better choice for me. It goes on kind of neutral but show up pink like another reviewer said. It's not a bad color but very similar to the NYX Butter lipstick in Root Beer Float (Pops), which I like a wee bit better so I will not repurchase this particular shade but it's a nice color. Another reviewer stated that this does turn kind of pinky too after a while, I tend to agree. This might be one that I may experiment with adding a light color gloss over top to see what that does.

I might pick up Plumrose at some point. But I am also eyeballing Ravishing Rose by E.L.F so I may grab that one instead as that's another color I would like to try. Many pinks/plums/purples are a miss for me so I am hesitant to get any more as I slowly accumulate more of those shades that are in the miss pile. I do okay with Dusty Rose/Mauve colors though.

Overall, I give these 4 and a half stars. Nice product by Milani, I am also interested in trying their bronzers. I will definitely repurchase Naturally Chic, I wish I was bold enough to try Ruby Valentine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I am a red lipstick lover and have more than a dozen various reds. My most recent purchase is Ruby Valentine and I think it is one of my favorites. It is such a wonderful shade, not too warm or cool toned, just perfect! Since it is vinyl finish, it has a little bit more shine than matte lipsticks from this line, but it is also not creamy as cream finish lipsticks from this line (if you own any, you know they might feel thick and a little heavy on lips). Ruby Valentine provides opaque coverage from one swipe and yet it applies in a very thin layer. Lasting power is as with any lipstick - it won't survive food, but will stay put while drinking and talking. Doesn't transfer on teeth and feels very comfortable on the lips. On Milani website, this color is described as 'scarlet red', while it is supposed to be "brilliant red color with a tinge of orange". On me, it exactly what it says. I also love fruity scent, kinda watermelon candy scent, but it quite strong, so pay attention if you are sensitive to scents in makeup. I have several other lipsticks from this range, and this one I recommend as highly as Flirty Fuchsia, they have similar texture and are my favorites.