Milani Color Statement (all)

4.3

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Drying, hardly pigmented at all, stings my lips, and doesn't show up on my pigmented lips.
I had my lips literally shrivel up, with a cake of mud on them with both the shades Teddy Bare and Naturally Chic. My lips have never looked worse. Two hours after removing this from my lips my lips still feel completely dry and sucked of all moisture. This also stung my lips while it was on, the first time any lipstick has actually caused pain.

I have liked the Milani lip glosses a lot and had expectations of loving these but they are terrible. I am taking them back as fast as I can.

I am writing this review with a heavy sigh... I have heard so many great things about Milani, and this was the first thing I tried. I got the color Teddy Bare, and I love the color. I'm on the paler side, and I really like the brown tone it gives my lips. It wears decent throughout the day. The ONLY reason I am giving it such a low rating is because the formula is thick and has a very strong scent/taste. I can't tell if it's the smell, the taste, or both that is bad, but it makes me so nauseous that I had to stop using this. If you're not sensitive to the formula of lipsticks, then this would be great for you. But if you are sensitive, I would get one to test out before committing to multiple ones.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I. Love. This. Lipstick.

The "matte" look is REALLY popular right now, and all the high-end lines like too-faced, anastasia beverly hills, etc., are releasing really pretty and well formulated lipsticks. Only problem is, they're pretty darn expensive.

I was at CVS, and as I passed the Milani stand, I remembered a review that I had seen on youtube. I picked up the shades Confident, and Flirty, (both are mattes), and I LOVE THEM. THEY FEEL LIKE BUTTER. SOMETIMES I FORGET IM WEARING LIPSTICKS WITH THEM.

Also, I kind of got soaked in a thunderstorm and my lipstick came out unharmed.

The packaging can be a bit flimsy, and I always have to recheck my purse to make sure that the top hasn't popped off.

So, I say, ditch the 20 dollar lipsticks at sephora and go pick this up at the drugstore for just a few bucks.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is what i call a HG product. I don't have ANY HG products except these lipsticks. The color options are amazing plus the longevity is even better than other high end brands.The longevity and smoothness is the reason why I love it so much. I strongly recommend people to try this product, its not expensive. Just to warn you, it (my shade was uptown mauve) smells fruity, like bubble gum. Not pleasant but the quality is just too good

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I first started truly getting into makeup at the tender age of 34, I bought almost all of the lipsticks in the Color Statement range. They are very opaque and offer great colors that can be really hard to find in the drugstore, like gold and loads of oranges. Also, I found that the lipsticks were on sale a lot so the lipsticks were even more affordable than their $5.50 price tag.

These lipsticks smell like watermelon, which is not a quality that I enjoy, but at least the smell doesn't linger. I find that these lipsticks dry my lips a little bit. Also, I find that while my NARS versions of these colors last for at least 4 hours, the Milani version only sticks around for a couple of hours or less if I eat. The matte versions never seem to dry down and also seem to offer less of a color payoff.

These lipsticks are great performers. While I am slowly getting rid of my collection for space purposes, I would easily buy these again if I happened to be out without a lipstick to match my outfit. Also, I think they are a great lipstick to get for teenagers. You could lose a lot of this lipstick in your locker without feeling too sad about it. Check this stuff out; it just might be the best lipstick at the drugstore.

Has to be my favourite drug store lipstick by far! I love these so much they're amazing! I have 1 matte and 3 satin shades I believe, and 2 of them smell similar to Lorac or Mac lipsticks (kind of like vanilla) and the other 2 smell like watermelon which is delish lol. I don't find the watermelon smell overpowering or annoying once the lipstick is applied but when you smell it straight from the tube it does seem a tad strong. I love that they're so moisturizing, even the matte shade. Gorgeous color selection, the packaging is cute as well, doesn't look or feel like drug store quality. I also love how long they stay on; they don't stain your lips but they have the best staying power and feel on the lips than any other drug store lipstick. Totally worth trying, they're cheap so if you don't like it it's not a big loss. But I don't see why someone wouldn't like these lipsticks, they're pretty glorious.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love its formula! Very pigmented,opaque and comfortable wear. I have dry lips and so the best part is that I can put it on those days when my lips are super chapped (I am too lazy to scrub my lips) and Milani does its magic and my lips look perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE these lipsticks. As far as true lipsticks go, they have my favorite formula of anything I've tried. I have 5 shades - 3 from the regular line, and 2 from the matte. I love and wear them all. They do have the typical Milani scent, sweet fruity vanilla which can be overpowering to some people. I can see this turning people off to these lipsticks, but personally, it only bothers me slightly during application, once it is on it does not bother me at all. The true HG status of these lipsticks for me is the wear time. I work long hours and could work my entire 10 hour day in these with minimal fading. There's also NO feathering or bleeding with these - no lip liner needed. I usually reapply these after lunch if I'm eating something more oily, but I wouldn't find that necessary. There is also minimal transfer with this formula - like whaaaaaa? I apply these pretty thinly, which I think is what makes the formula behave so well for me, and the fact that I can do that really speaks volumes towards the pigmentation of these. Additionally, I find the 2 that I own from the matte line are very hydrating and don't dry out my lips. I recommend these to everyone and everybody I've told about them loves them - pick yourself up one or two and try for yourself! Note on the packaging - drop dead gorgeous. No plastic looking tubes involved here - straight up GOLD. On the outside and the inside. :)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

These are the best lipsticks in the drugstore in my opinion. the packaging is so pretty it can be easily mistaken for a higher end lippy. I own the colors teddy bare, sangria, nude creme, and violet volt. They all are creamy and glides on easily. They smell sooooo good! like watermelon jolly ranchers. Makes you wanna eat em. lol The wear time is typical for a lipstick. At least 3-5 hours without eating or drinking. But it does wear away nicely. My favorite is teddy bare because its the perfect nude lippy for darker skin tones. I really love this line of lipsticks and i will definitely be buying some more.

I absolutely love trying new lipsticks. My go-to makeup look is a neutral eye and a bold lip. I have been on the hunt for a product that is not too drying, though long lasting, with brilliant color payoff and color options.
I prefer to buy drugstore products as they are much more friendly towards my wallet. Finding a HG drugstore lipstick is quite the challenge!
However, I discovered Milani products from a beauty guru I watch on YouTube. It's no wonder I hadn't heard of them before as the only store I have found that carries them is a Walgreens (thankfully) near my house.
That same day I discovered the brand, I went out in search of them.
Since then, I have purchased maybe 5 different colors. All complimentary to my skin tone. All non-drying. All with the staying power of several hours! I would say you may need to re-apply this once during the day if you want a painted lip until you wash your face at night.
These are truly my drugstore HG lip products. As a bonus, they smell delicious as well!
Not to mention their price. I think they are between $3 and $4 a tube, which means I feel no guilt in picking up a new shade every few weeks.
Speaking of shades, the options and variety are excellent. I can easily find multiple colors for every season and occasion. I discovered these over the summer and often wore a soft, pinky-berry, a nice orangey-red, and a nude. Now it is November and I have fallen in love with their wine colored lipstick. I wear it nearly every time I go out.
All in all, I give these lippies 5 stars! Highly recommend.