Milani Color Statement (all)

4.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this l/s. I have two shades, dulce caramelo and nude creme. They are lightweight, hydrating, pigmented and smell wonderful. They usually put milani on sale at CVS so the price was good. I am not a big l/s person at all, usually just wear chapstick or vaseline but these feel so comfortable on my lips that I don't mind wearing them. They're not very long lasting, esp if you're eating or drinking but they are so easy to reapply that it doesn't matter to me. I don't even need a mirror for reapplying because the two shades I have are nude-ish, and very forgiving. I would definitely repurchase the shades I have and will most likely try more colors.

I have been experiencing with cruelty free cosmetic brands and have heard great things about these lipsticks from Milani. I went back and forth on them for several weeks, telling myself that I didn't need any more lip products but eventually caved and picked up Naturally Chic and Pretty Natural at my local CVS store for by one get one 50% off this week.

I must say, these are nice lipsticks. They go on nicely and are pretty pigmented as well. I usually have a thin layer of balm on underneath anyway so I didn't notice any drying. People have commented on the watermelon smell, yes it's definitely there but I don't notice it too much which is good for me. If I had that might pose a problem. I also really like the packaging, it's a bit flashy but it reminds me of high end cosmetics, only at the drugstore price.

I really like the shade Naturally Chic, it's kind of a russet color which I don't have anything else like currently. I had a lipstick years and years ago by Charles of the Ritz (remember that brand?), it was a sample or freebie given to me by someone as they didn't want it. I liked the lipstick a lot, was a definite favorite of mine and then I lost it. I have never found anything close to that shade until now. This is definite keeper for me.

Pretty Natural is not bad either, I was debating between this one and Plumrose. I thought Pretty Natural would be a better choice for me. It goes on kind of neutral but show up pink like another reviewer said. It's not a bad color but very similar to the NYX Butter lipstick in Root Beer Float (Pops), which I like a wee bit better so I will not repurchase this particular shade but it's a nice color. Another reviewer stated that this does turn kind of pinky too after a while, I tend to agree. This might be one that I may experiment with adding a light color gloss over top to see what that does.

I might pick up Plumrose at some point. But I am also eyeballing Ravishing Rose by E.L.F so I may grab that one instead as that's another color I would like to try. Many pinks/plums/purples are a miss for me so I am hesitant to get any more as I slowly accumulate more of those shades that are in the miss pile. I do okay with Dusty Rose/Mauve colors though.

Overall, I give these 4 and a half stars. Nice product by Milani, I am also interested in trying their bronzers. I will definitely repurchase Naturally Chic, I wish I was bold enough to try Ruby Valentine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I am a red lipstick lover and have more than a dozen various reds. My most recent purchase is Ruby Valentine and I think it is one of my favorites. It is such a wonderful shade, not too warm or cool toned, just perfect! Since it is vinyl finish, it has a little bit more shine than matte lipsticks from this line, but it is also not creamy as cream finish lipsticks from this line (if you own any, you know they might feel thick and a little heavy on lips). Ruby Valentine provides opaque coverage from one swipe and yet it applies in a very thin layer. Lasting power is as with any lipstick - it won't survive food, but will stay put while drinking and talking. Doesn't transfer on teeth and feels very comfortable on the lips. On Milani website, this color is described as 'scarlet red', while it is supposed to be "brilliant red color with a tinge of orange". On me, it exactly what it says. I also love fruity scent, kinda watermelon candy scent, but it quite strong, so pay attention if you are sensitive to scents in makeup. I have several other lipsticks from this range, and this one I recommend as highly as Flirty Fuchsia, they have similar texture and are my favorites.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pigmented, long lasting, affordable. I get so many compliments when I wear the shade Coral Addict. The scent is exactly the same vanilla Mac type. These are way more affordable than Mac plus cruelty free. I plan to own all the shades!! My favorite drug store lipsticks!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love these color statement lipsticks. Theyre lightweight, creamy, pigmented, last a while, have a semi matte/satin finish, dont bleed and best of all not drying at all. I can do without the watermelon jolly rancher smell but its still a very nice lipstick nonetheless.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have purchased this is Cabernet and in Brandy Berry. As far as the lipstick itself, I am not too fond of it, other than the colors. The texture feels waxy and not as smooth and silky as I like. It is not horrible and it is not dry, just a bit heavy. There is a slight fragrance, like a candy or caramel (?) maybe, not too bad, but I do not like a fragranced lipstick at all; that's just my own preference. The colors I purchased were both very nice blue-red/ burgundy shades, the Cabernet having a bit more of wine tone and did not have any shimmer and the Brandy Berry had a bit more a of fuschia tone with a slight shimmer to it. there are many color choices, and it seems like several different shades of red and pink. They do not last for more than about 1- 1 1/2 hours and these two shades do tend to leave a dark ring around the lips, sort of separating. In a pinch I will use this but it is not something I could call a staple product.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have 4 of these lipsticks with different finishes (matte, cream, vinyl) and I love all of them. They're not the most creamy lipsticks out there but they're still very comfortable lipsticks to wear, the pigmentation is amazing across the board, they don't dry out my lips and don't settle in/exaggerate my lip lines. I have very dry, sensitive lips and none of them irritate me, though for the matte ones I'd need a bit of lip balm underneath. They last amazingly well on the lips, even the more moisturising ones, and they fade very gracefully too. The smell of them vary between the newer mattes and the older ones. The old regular ones have that fruity vanilla scent that's quite strong, the new matte line has a very subtle vanilla scent that's a lot less noticeable and completely undetectable even right under my nose. I love the packaging, I don't think it's too flashy or anything. Every aspect of this line of lipstick from Milani is such a reliable classic and an absolute staple, it's very affordable too. If I were to be forever confined to a line of lipstick this is the one I'd stick to. There's so many colours and different finishes to choose from, I don't think I'f ever get bored. The only reason I don't have more of them is because I want to branch out to different formulas (these are so consistent that other than the colours, they're all the same feel) and I find the scent a bit overwhelming sometimes. I'm honestly upset that these lipsticks don't ever get talked about and aren't brought up to compare with the newer releases from other brands at all.
The 4 I have are 04 High Voltage, 08 Ruby Valentine, 67 Matte Confident & 68 Matte Iconic. High Voltage clashes with my yellow/olive undertone the most, since it's an orange-y red, it's my least favourite too. Matte Confident is a rich brick red that doesn't lean very brown or earthy, and Iconic is just beautiful classic neutral red. I wear them both often in late winter to mid spring. I find MAC's Ruby Woo is too blue based and it makes me look very pallid, despite many people describing it as a true red that fits everyone, and my lips crack underneath that extremely dry formula. Well, everyone who isn't people of colour, apparently. If you're looking for a true neutral red that's more comfortable to wear, try out Matte Iconic.
The last one, and my absolute favourite, Ruby Valentine is such a gorgeous and unique colour. It's a cherry red, but not in a bruised purple way, it's very bright and vibrant. It literally looks like a bright red cherry. It's not fully a fully opaque, one swipe full intense colour pay off kind of lipstick, and that's the greatest thing about it in my opinion, because it truly enhances the look of my lips, unlike matte, opaque ones that I use to hide my crummy, textured, discoloured & splotchy lips beneath. It makes me love my lips, they look so lovely and alive, and that to me is the true essence of makeup, it's to make us feel good about ourselves. The way it shines and catches the light blow me away as well. This is a great colour to use with the gradient lip look, even just alone on its own, it's such a stunning colour. If you want it matte, just blot it with a napkin to reduce the shine, to go above and beyond, put some translucent powder on top. It looks great no matter what you do with it. Overall, I love everything about it. Ruby Valentine is that one colour that I would always need to have in my collection.
Overall, a great line of affordable products with so many hidden gems amongst them, it just has something for everyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These are my HG lipsticks. I could have any kind I want but these are the ones I have settled on. Not only are the colors just PRETTY but they are just solid, luxurious lipsticks. I am out of the dried up liquid matte lipstick trend. I just can't take it. I have most of the colors except for the oranges. I just wish they had a coral and my lipstick life would be complete. Keep your eye out for a sale. CVS has these on for 2.99 every couple of months. That's a steal. 👍🏻💋

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice and sleek looking tube it comes in and has a pleasant scent. I have the shade in Teddy Bare and it looks good with my skin tone. You really have to prep your lips because it can be a tad drying. Longevity could use a bit of work as well, but overall it is a nice lipstick. I only need to apply one swipe over my lips to get the color I want.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This lipstick is cheap, but amazing. It's rich color to be a drug store brand. It will take more than one coat, but the price makes it worth it. The packaging is also more high-end looking which makes me feel fancy. I definitely appreciate the matte colors and I loved 38 Double Espresso, which has some shimmer. This will work better with a bit of setting spray or a primer, but definitely an amazing find.