Chanel 1932

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Chanel 1932

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

My review is for the 2016 eau de parfum version, which I believe is warmer and fruitier than the eau de toilette was.

It's been a long time since I've found a fragrance to be as moreish as this one. I went through my sample in record time, applying over and over to experience again the fruity pear, the Chanel-esque grapefruit (I love Jacques Polge's treatment of citrus in general) and the soft blend of clean iris and jasmine. Sometimes rooty and fecal respectively in other perfumes, here the florals are simply soft and warm. I love that I catch a giggle of Allure in this, plus the gentle ghost of - because of the particular treatment of the iris - Guerlain's Shalimar Parfum Initial (now sadly discontinued), but even so, it stands up on its own as a subtle, enveloping, poetic and delicious scent.
It's true that it doesn't last, but applying this is an enjoyable experience. There is barely any throw, but that's okay: some fragrances you really do wear for yourself.

on 3/3/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing Chanel for 30 years now. I LOVE Chanel and rarely do they let me down. When I first read the discription on 1932, I was ify on if it was going to be any good or not. I went and bought a bottle of 1932 today and I'm really kind of disappointed with it. Don't get me wrong it smells good. I think if you are new to Chanel you will absolutey love it. If you have been using Chanel for awhile, I'm afraid you might be a little let down as well.

While this purfume did let me down it is still a good scent. It would be great for those days when you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt, running around town.

Popular Fragrances