Chanel 1932

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Chanel 1932

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What an odd little duck. I have a sample and it's not unpleasant, at all. It's as if Youth Dew Amber Nude and Timbuktu had a baby and someone dressed it in a Daytons department store bag - it's complexly spiced plastic, only it doesn't have the throw of the first or the wear of the second. And then, true to previous reviews, two hours in it's gone. Kind of fun, but not my choice when Timbuktu does the same thing better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

My review is for the 2016 eau de parfum version, which I believe is warmer and fruitier than the eau de toilette was.

It's been a long time since I've found a fragrance to be as moreish as this one. I went through my sample in record time, applying over and over to experience again the fruity pear, the Chanel-esque grapefruit (I love Jacques Polge's treatment of citrus in general) and the soft blend of clean iris and jasmine. Sometimes rooty and fecal respectively in other perfumes, here the florals are simply soft and warm. I love that I catch a giggle of Allure in this, plus the gentle ghost of - because of the particular treatment of the iris - Guerlain's Shalimar Parfum Initial (now sadly discontinued), but even so, it stands up on its own as a subtle, enveloping, poetic and delicious scent.
It's true that it doesn't last, but applying this is an enjoyable experience. There is barely any throw, but that's okay: some fragrances you really do wear for yourself.

on 11/19/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Totally agree with 'goldenjoy'. This is truly a sparkling, airy, and whimsical perfume but yes, it does not last as long. Probably lasts only 4 hours on me. Regardless of its terrible longevity (maybe will spray it on clothes and see) this is a beautiful perfume which I do enjoy. Definitely smells of ' expensive classy jewelry'. However since the fragrance is short lived, i can't justify spending so much money on it thus it's a no repurhcase.
Some of my favs include 'Beige', 'Gardenia', La Pausa, Bel Respiro, Cuir de Russe (or something like that), and Cormandal.

Popular Fragrances