Chanel 1932

Filtered by age: 30-35
Chanel 1932

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What an odd little duck. I have a sample and it's not unpleasant, at all. It's as if Youth Dew Amber Nude and Timbuktu had a baby and someone dressed it in a Daytons department store bag - it's complexly spiced plastic, only it doesn't have the throw of the first or the wear of the second. And then, true to previous reviews, two hours in it's gone. Kind of fun, but not my choice when Timbuktu does the same thing better.

on 11/19/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Totally agree with 'goldenjoy'. This is truly a sparkling, airy, and whimsical perfume but yes, it does not last as long. Probably lasts only 4 hours on me. Regardless of its terrible longevity (maybe will spray it on clothes and see) this is a beautiful perfume which I do enjoy. Definitely smells of ' expensive classy jewelry'. However since the fragrance is short lived, i can't justify spending so much money on it thus it's a no repurhcase.
Some of my favs include 'Beige', 'Gardenia', La Pausa, Bel Respiro, Cuir de Russe (or something like that), and Cormandal.

on 3/3/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing Chanel for 30 years now. I LOVE Chanel and rarely do they let me down. When I first read the discription on 1932, I was ify on if it was going to be any good or not. I went and bought a bottle of 1932 today and I'm really kind of disappointed with it. Don't get me wrong it smells good. I think if you are new to Chanel you will absolutey love it. If you have been using Chanel for awhile, I'm afraid you might be a little let down as well.

While this purfume did let me down it is still a good scent. It would be great for those days when you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt, running around town.

on 2/22/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this fragrance and I love it so much I can't wait to buy a bottle. This is the first of the Chanel Exclusifs line that I have sampled, so unfortunately I can't compare it to any of the others from this line.
1932 is meant to be evocative of Chanel's first fine jewelry line. If you look at any Chanel fine jewelry pieces, they are beyond gorgeous. They are whimsical, airy, and sparkling. I feel like 1932 captures exactly that mood of the jewelry. This fragrance is a light and airy floral, with some soft woods to add depth.
This is not a long wearing fragrance. On my skin, it lasted maybe 2 hours before I couldn't smell it anymore. I did spray it on a cashmere scarf as well and there the fragrance lasted and lasted. I could still smell it the next day.
At first spray, I did smell some similarities between this fragrance and my EDT of Chanel No.5. The jasmine in 1932 is gorgeous. It is clean and airy and sparkling. Definitely not heady or dirty. So overall it gives the fragrance the feel of a very refined soft clean floral that sparkles at the beginning and then settles into a soft woodsy clean drydown.
Overall this is my perfect fragrance for everyday, very easy and wearable. This is the type of fragrance that makes you feel polished and put together. Be prepared to reapply though since the lasting power on this is fleeting.

Popular Fragrances