Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-8, Glycereth-28, Sucrose, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Trehalose, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, PEG-75, Caffeine, Pantethine, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Phytosterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5

on 8/29/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have very dry skin that sometimes gets so dry and streched it starts to itch. I had an odd experience with this mask. It felt great on the skin and really made me feel instantly hydrated.
But then, 12 or 24 hours later my skin still feels plump to the tuch but it actually itches like it's super dry. I think its the sillicon that creates a "fake" feeling of moisture without actually helping with dryness. It didn't break me out, luckily, but a layer of sillicone on my skin isn't exactly what I look for in a mask.
Overall there are better masks out there. There are even better clinique masks.

on 5/18/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a hydrating thick gel that didn't feel emollient, but sadly it broke me out. Passed it to my mother who has dry skin (I have combo, acne-prone skin) and she used it as a moisturizer until it ran out with no problems.

on 3/27/2017 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is a nice product and my skin feels soft, hydrated and smooth in the morning. I like the consistency too. Would I repurchase it? No. I like masks in general, but overnight masks are not for me. It felt like I was putting on a second layer of a moisturizer and I feel like it isn't necessary to my skin care regimen.

on 3/10/2017 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have used Laneige and its Etude House counterpart, Moistfull Collagen, but I like Clinique the best. I find the other two provide more superficial benefits. I read this Clinique product has caused breakouts on some people, but happily, not on me. I first used this on a long haul flight, and it superbly did the trick of keeping my skin hydrated. One thing to note though, this product is better suited for dehydrated skin, than it is for dry skin. There is a big difference, so it is important to understand what your skin concerns are first. If you have dry skin, you will need to apply this with oil or a moisturiser. I don't have dry skin, so most of the time I am happy with this product on its own. When I feel that my skin is a bit dry, then I put this on top of oil. It works wonders! I marked one lippie down for fragrance. I don't mind the smell; I just prefer fragrance-free or naturally scented products.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If you have sensitive skin like me,don't get too close to this product.It broke me out,and now i have to deal with the scars that came with the acne.sigh

on 2/8/2017 1:58:00 PM

I loved this product from first use. It works great on my dry winter skin. Unfortunately it seems to break me out, which is such a shame considering how much I like it. I still use it for very dry days, but I can't use it everyday...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't understand Clinique's silicone addiction. This is my maybe 6th cream from them, yet to find something that is silicone-free. I mean, not that silicone is bad, it's just that there is not enough research about them. They give this smooth feeling instantly, this mask does it too, but I do wonder if it's more like a skin care make-up so to speak to cover my face with silicone and if it would dry my skin in the long run. I don't avoid silicone in products, but I like to have at least one moisturizer silicone-free and every Clinique cream I check seems to have silicones and listed high on the ingredients list so not even in small amount.

Anyway, for whatever the reason this mask causes pimples for me sometimes. Not many, just 1-2 small ones, but still. I have found the result to be very similar to the one I get from Clinique's Moisture Surge then again every moisturizer with high silicone in the formula gives the same result, another reason why silicones annoy me, I can't tell how effective other ingredients are.

Moisture Surge didn't cause pimples, this mask did. So I won't be buying again.

on 11/2/2016 11:44:00 PM

Dried me right out. I don't care for dyes in the products I use either. I was hoping with all the rave reviews it would be a nice mask for hydration but it didn't work for me. Made my skin dry and dehydrated, red and sensitive. Thumbs down!

on 10/21/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! It didn't irritate my very sensitive skin and left me dewy and moisturized by morning. My dry patches (from an ill advised AHA attempt) cleared up overnight. A new favorite!

on 10/19/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Update: still using this both morning & evening. The winter months here take a toll on my skin. This truly helps to keep me moisturize without being to heavy or oily, and to keep my skin looking nice and plump. I love that it doesn't break my out or burn my skin like most products for dry skin do. Also, no added fragrance! One bottle lasts me a long time. About 6 months using day/night.I will continue to buy. Love it.

Previous Review:
I bought this product a year ago and used it on and off. Didn't think much of it. Recently started using it again, both during the night and daytime, as it's pretty much winter here in Alberta and my skin needs extra moisture. It works for me to give my skin a little boost. Anything to oily or heavy breaks me out badly, so I like this a lot. Will repurchase, though I wish it wasn't so pricey.