Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-8, Glycereth-28, Sucrose, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Trehalose, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, PEG-75, Caffeine, Pantethine, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Phytosterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4, Yellow 5

on 2/8/2017 1:58:00 PM

I loved this product from first use. It works great on my dry winter skin. Unfortunately it seems to break me out, which is such a shame considering how much I like it. I still use it for very dry days, but I can't use it everyday...

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't understand Clinique's silicone addiction. This is my maybe 6th cream from them, yet to find something that is silicone-free. I mean, not that silicone is bad, it's just that there is not enough research about them. They give this smooth feeling instantly, this mask does it too, but I do wonder if it's more like a skin care make-up so to speak to cover my face with silicone and if it would dry my skin in the long run. I don't avoid silicone in products, but I like to have at least one moisturizer silicone-free and every Clinique cream I check seems to have silicones and listed high on the ingredients list so not even in small amount.

Anyway, for whatever the reason this mask causes pimples for me sometimes. Not many, just 1-2 small ones, but still. I have found the result to be very similar to the one I get from Clinique's Moisture Surge then again every moisturizer with high silicone in the formula gives the same result, another reason why silicones annoy me, I can't tell how effective other ingredients are.

Moisture Surge didn't cause pimples, this mask did. So I won't be buying again.

on 11/2/2016 11:44:00 PM

Dried me right out. I don't care for dyes in the products I use either. I was hoping with all the rave reviews it would be a nice mask for hydration but it didn't work for me. Made my skin dry and dehydrated, red and sensitive. Thumbs down!

on 10/21/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this! It didn't irritate my very sensitive skin and left me dewy and moisturized by morning. My dry patches (from an ill advised AHA attempt) cleared up overnight. A new favorite!

on 10/19/2016 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Update: still using this both morning & evening. The winter months here take a toll on my skin. This truly helps to keep me moisturize without being to heavy or oily, and to keep my skin looking nice and plump. I love that it doesn't break my out or burn my skin like most products for dry skin do. Also, no added fragrance! One bottle lasts me a long time. About 6 months using day/night.I will continue to buy. Love it.

Previous Review:
I bought this product a year ago and used it on and off. Didn't think much of it. Recently started using it again, both during the night and daytime, as it's pretty much winter here in Alberta and my skin needs extra moisture. It works for me to give my skin a little boost. Anything to oily or heavy breaks me out badly, so I like this a lot. Will repurchase, though I wish it wasn't so pricey.

on 10/3/2016 12:03:00 PM

This is an okay product that is probably for skin thats not dehydrated like mine I put some on and then a minute later my skin acted like I hadn't put anything on.

I absolutely love this product. I apply it on at night before I go to bed and when I wake up my skin feels revitalised.

on 8/29/2016 3:00:00 AM

Long Lasting Hydration.
This mask is a very elegant creme that melts into skin at application. It leaves a very elegant finish on the skin without oily residue. It has a bit of a cooling effect, which I found very refreshing. It hydrates dry skin immediately and lasts all night. You wake up with a remarkably smoother and younger looking skin!

It contains some excellent tried-and-tested humectants (PEG-8, Glycereth-26, Sucrose, Trehalose, PEG-75, Sorbitol and Sodium Hyaluronate), almost the whole arsenal of the EL Co. most used ones. There are some excellent barrier-repairing actives here too (Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol and all the butters that this product contains).

The only negative side with this product is the marketing. It is marketed oil-free but in reality it is not. (This is valid for almost all Clinique products). That it contains precious butters (Shea, Murumuru and Mango Seed Butter), some esters (Cetyl Ethylhexanoate) and silicone (Dimethicone) in itself is not the problem. The problem is that consumers have the right to know what they put into their body or/and on their skin.

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-8, Glycereth-26, Sucrose, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Trehalose, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, PEG-75, Caffeine, Pantethine, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Oryzanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Phytosterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Dextrin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140) continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin has crazy dry patches in the winter as I have eczema. I tried a sample of this mask, but I really didn't really see any difference at all after couple of uses. Had high hopes because of the high ratings and the fact this is fragrance free. Just not moisturizing enough at all for my skin during winter.

Receive a free sample of this at boots after buying some Clinique products. First of all, I do feel my skin is hydrated and softer in the morning. But for some reason, I have tried this mask twice, both times I felt a little itchy and had 2 or 3 little bumps appeared after applying this mask, I'm not sure why it happened cause I love their moisture surge intense cream.