Lime Crime Retrofuturist

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.7

on 2/5/2015 11:50:00 AM

I finally caved and bought my first Lime Crime in the retrofuturist. I don't really get the hype. It is definitely VERY pigmented, as in I had to use like 8 tissues to get the stuff off, but beware for the gals with freckled complexions and pink lips, this color did not show up red on me at all but a bright pink? and it feathered and bled pretty bad, and I don't usually have this problem with other lipsticks, even without the use of lip primers. Perhaps I got one from a bad batch? I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/5/2014 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This lipstick is very bright and not for the faint of heart. Not too pink nor too orange and could probably be worn by most skin tones. It is not super moisturizing, but not drying either and seems to have a stain component as it lasts even after eating. I experienced no bleeding or peeling of my lips even with no lipliner underneath. The product has a slight vanilla scent but nothing that would upset most people. (I have allergies myself and it did not bother me.) At $17.99 USD it was pricey for a lippie not from a name brand, but the packaging is sturdy and it doesn't feel like it will fall out of the case or anything like that. I LOVE the color and texture and would definitely repurchase if the product itself were the only concern.

Unfortunately....the company and its founder seem somewhat shady. I purchased my tube from a clothing site that also sold Lime Crime before I had read up on it, but when I did I was shocked by the negativity that surrounds the brand. Things on the internet need to be taken with a grain of salt because not all of it is true -but- the sheer amount of negative publicity definitely gives me pause. Even though I like the lipstick itself, I am unsure whether I can recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am an avid wearer of red lipstick, specifically vibrant shades. So when Retrofuturist was released, I had to order it. It is my favorite lipstick to date. Retrofuturist is the perfect balance of warm and cool undertones, making it the perfect, true bright red shade. The lipstick glides on nicely, is completely opaque, and lasts a long time. It even stains your lips so it never looks patchy. Lime Crime lipsticks also smell almost identical to MAC lipsticks, (only subtler), which I love. The packaging is amazing as well, very cute, very thought-out, and very to my personal taste.
My only complaint about this product now is that when I purchased it, it was $14.99 and in just a few years, the price has been hiked up to $18! (Not even including shipping!) I can't really justify it now, especially when MAC has such great lipsticks for less and I have multiple counters near my home so I never have to order them. I love Lime Crime lipsticks, but I just can't justify the price anymore. That being said, on seasonal sales, I probably wouldn't mind repurchasing them. Overall, it's still a great product and I love it.