Dermisa - Skin Fade Cream

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff!
Being a ginger, you get "Age Spots" at 15. No matter how much SPF you use, you get freckles and spots all over you. No normal human being can avoid the sun as much as we need to. Enter Hydroquinone.

That being said, this stuff is a happy medium. In price ($7 a tube), in efficiency (skin looks great after just three weeks), and packaging (I prefer the tube over a tub.) I read on here the other reviewers hated the smell. I get a faint wiff of perfume, but nothing else. No irritation from that.

I also read that it made dry skin worse. I personally use tone corrector during the winter months, so I am not exposed to the sun as much. They take down what little natural defense I have. So if it were to screw my skin up, it would be now. I actually think the cream is moisturizing and smoothing, but I use my Boots No.7 moisturizer on top of it day and night. Been using it now for three weeks.

The concentration of Hydroquinone in this cream is 2%. Usually it's only noticeably effective with concentrations of 4% and higher, but this applied twice a day has done nicely. It's comparable (or better) to Nadinola and that is a classic, but it caused me acne. I do have extremely fair skin and lower concentrations are better for that. I also don't expect the 2% to remove the large freckles along my jaw line immediately, because I know OTC Hydroquinone cannot do that.

I'm happy with this cream, and think it is going to become a regular in my routine everyday. It's effective for lighter skin tones, and cost effective too. Glad I found it.

on 7/24/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

The minute you break the seal on this product, it's all over. There's so much pressure that never lets up, the cream oozes out. Even when it was halfway done, cream still spilled out. So, not only is it messy, but it's also ineffective. It faded nothing. Complete waste of time, smells funny, waste of money. I stuck to it and used it up, but never again. Invest in something else. Good riddance!

on 1/30/2013 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a couple of dark marks that I wanted to fade so I decided to give this cream a try.After only one use, I developed these dry crusty patches all over my face, which took forever to disappear. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone unless they want their face to feel like the Sahara. If you want a face cream, I suggest you look elsewhere.

on 6/22/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product now for about 3 weeks and have been very impressed with the results. After trying others and being disappointed, I finally decided to try Dermisa's Skin Fade Cream. My skin is oily/combination. When I tell you after putting this on, I felt NO OIL, I mean it with all sincerity. It really works. The only downfall about this product is the smell. The odor is far from pleasing, but it doesn't stick around. It eventually fades to the point where you smell nothing at all. The only reason I kept with this product is because how it made my skin texture feel and look after putting on. I'm even more convinced now that I've seen the results. The dark streaks along my cheek bones have totally faded. It took very little time to see the results. I don't think I would recommend this product to anyone with dry skin, but if you have oly/combination/normal, it's a definite plus, specially if you're using it under makeup. The packaging is simple, the price is alright, although I was kind of shocked at it when I first bought it. It comes in a tube. The one thing I dislike about the tube is squeezing it. It's pretty thick, so controlling how much you need is good, however, once you squeezed the amount you want out, until you used it down some, cream will keep coming out. So, make sure you squeeze just a little, and the rest of what you need to follow automatically. I would give it a 5, but the smell will take some adjustment. Again, if you can move past it, it really works and makes your skin look and feel great.