By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

4.2

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This looked dry and aged my under eye area so I didn’t like it and feel the hyluronic thing is a gimmick here. It also looks really white under the eye so you can’t use this for baking under the eye

I really love this powder for setting my face and especially the concealer under my eyes. It is very fine and not drying, and it won't look cakey or unnatural. However, I tried using it for baking the area under my eyes once and then I went out for a drink. The morning after when I looked at some flash photos from the night before, I was horrified to see that it looked like I had applied a thick layer of baking powder under my eyes. I would definitely recommend using a small amount of this with a puffy brush to set the face or illuminate certain areas, and then use another powder on top if you want to bake.

Bottom line:
Yes! This is an amazing powder to set makeup if you apply a small amount. You don't need much and it doesn't look cakey even in daylight.

No! Do not use a large amount to set the area under your eyes if you are going out at night and there is a risk of someone taking a photo of you.

PS: I checked the box that said I would repurchase this if I ran out simply because considering the small amount that is needed to set your face, I'm pretty sure I will never ever run out of product. I've had it for over a year, used it on and off, and it still looks full.

on 12/29/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

As a faithful RCMA no color powder wearer, I was intrigued when I came across this product. A powder which doesn't make you look powdery and actually hydrates your skin? I had to try it. The RCMA powder is pretty good, to be honest. But you do have to use it sparingly or you run the risk of the dreaded overpowdered look. Now that I've been using the By Terry powder for a while, I can definitely say I like it much better. I've used it to set makeup and sometimes just on my bare face to control oil, and I must say it looks beautiful both ways. It almost gives you that soft focus/blurred effect on the skin. I haven't noticed any extra hydration from using this, but my skin does feel like velvet when I have this on and doesn't look dry at all. I haven't broken out from it, that is a huge plus for me since acne is a concern of mine.

The big downside is the packaging. It's just so badly designed and cheap-looking for a product this expensive. The product flies everywhere when you open the lid. And yes, it's quite expensive; but you only need the tiniest amount per application so I don't think I'll have to replace it too often. I haven't tried baking with it and I don't intend to. Moreover, I've read reviews that this can cause really bad flashbacks in photos, though I haven't tested that yet myself. But be warned.

Update: I think I've discovered the *best* way to apply this powder that makes you look like so flawless that you can't stop admiring yourself in a magnifying mirror. You'll need mini blender sponges, I used cheap Ulta ones that come in a 3-pack. I recommend doing this with a mirror, with your face facing a window in natural daylight. I just hold a hand mirror in one hand and stand facing a window because my room barely gets any natural light. Trust me, try it this way first instead trying it under the bathroom lights. After my usual skincare routine, I take my Nars radiant creamy concealer and dot it *only* where I need it. For me this is under my eyes, on my cheeks and around my nose. Then I use one mini blender sponge and thoroughly press the concealer into my skin making sure there are no harsh edges and nothing settles into my fine lines. I'm sure this will work if you use foundation as well. But these mini sponges are like magic and I have no idea why I was using my big beauty blender for everything when these little sponges give you precise coverage where you need it. And now for the best part, take a fresh dry mini sponge and lightly dip the edge into the Hydra Powder. It'll probably pick up more than you need, so just tap the excess back into the container. Now lightly press it under your eyes, over your lids and inner corners. This is *not* baking, you're using such a minuscule amount that everything just melts into the skin. If you were looking at yourself in natural daylight, I guarantee you'll see an immediate transformation. Your under eyes will look blurred, bright and oh-so-smooth. Your undereye hollows won't look as hollow. It's like photoshop in real life. You can of course do the same on the rest of your face wherever you wish to look matte. I like using it on the center of my forehead, on my cheeks, around my nose, on my smile lines and my chin. This is my HG now. Try it!

on 8/6/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This my friends, is the BEST powder I have EVER used.

This is an amazing product. Its virtually undetectable on the skin, which is a must for us over the age of...ehem... 30. It truly is completely transparent. I have used this in various ways; over foundation, over bb/cc/tinted moisturizers, and over moisturizer and/or sunscreen only - no matter what, it leaves the skin looking incredible and flawless! I really do enjoy use without foundation for down days, to reap the benefits of the HA formulation. I have no idea what voodoo magic has been performed here, but I'm fully ok with such sorcery.

I have tried a ton of powders in my life, many of which I considered HD's at one time (or age). Nothing bats this though, hands down. Is it expensive at $60? Yes, BUT, it will last eons. I find between performance and how long it takes to use it up, the price is well worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Okay, so. I've had this powder sitting in my make-up bag for about four months and today I decided to use it and I am in love!! My MAC foundation was transformed into a beautiful, velvety smooth finish. And if this wasn't enough reason to be thrilled, it also made my skin look soft and flawless in pictures. This is a beautiful product and my new favorite thing!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I've had it for a month now and I've used it enough to finally be able to write a review. I got it 25% off at Sephora France and paid 34 €. Great deal. I'm very much satisfied. It is perfectly mattifying, very very lightweight. I use it on the T zone and over my under eye concealer and it locks the concealer in all day. Even my worst concealers stay put. It says on the package that you can use it during the day over make up and at night over skincare. I've been using it over my night cream, I haven't noticed a difference yet but it has hyaluraunic acid in it so it must be doing something good. I also have a line on my forehead that disappears when I put a little powder over it.
I hope this helps. I recommend it.

on 3/3/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder. Not cakey at all. Although white it blends in beautifully. Just be mindful that since it's a loose powder there is some fly always so your top may get some on there. Highly recommend.

on 10/13/2014 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love how this powder sits on my skin. A little goes a long with this product, so I would apply sparingly as alight dust over the face and then go back over places that need a little more mattifying. I like to really press this powder into my skin with a brush ensuring it sets my makeup.

I absolutely hate when powder sets into fine lines and find that this product doesn't do that. It has helped keep my skin hydrated and really complements my foundation (I use Chantecaille Future Skin).

I do find I need a bit of a touch up during the day, but I tend to get an oily t-zone regardless and will look to use a mattifying gel on my t-zone to help with this. But I do love the finish of this powder on my skin, I find it helps to reduce the appearance of pores for a little while. I bought this mainly for the hydrating properties and have felt it has delivered on that front whilst remaining lightweight.

It is a luxurious purchase that will last. I wouldn't want to be carrying this around in a handbag as opening the jar would be an expensive disaster! The packaging could be a little more travel friendly.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm nc45 in MAC and golden in Bobbi Brown foundation. I was scared that this powder would leave a white cast on my skin due to my skintone. Ummm....no worries as that was not the case for me. I received it today and out of excitement I decided to use it even though I applied my makeup hours ago. I only poked in about 5 holes instead of completely pulling back the seal. And then I deposited a little product inside the lid. Using my Cargo magic brush (a dense super soft synthetic) I swirled the brush in the lid to pick up product. Oh wow. I saw my enlarged pores disappear before my eyes. Not only that my skin didnt take on the look of being dry and lifeless. A soft matte finish. I live in humid Florida so we'll see how it plays while out and about but my from what I see thus far I absolutely love it.
If you purchase this pricey powder I highly advise that you only poke in 5 holes max with a needle as you only need just smidgen of product and I have a feeling that if the plastic seal is completely removed it will become a mess upon opening. Worthy buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is an extremely fine and light weight powder. It's basically fairy dust without any shimmer. I use it as a shine eliminator / finishing powder and get compliments on my skin when wearing it (doesn't happen normally so I know it's this). It is pricey and the packaging basic and poorly thought out but I still love it. I keep it in my desk drawer and if I use it after work it lasts all night.