By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

on 12/29/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

As a faithful RCMA no color powder wearer, I was intrigued when I came across this product. A powder which doesn't make you look powdery and actually hydrates your skin? I had to try it. The RCMA powder is pretty good, to be honest. But you do have to use it sparingly or you run the risk of the dreaded overpowdered look. Now that I've been using the By Terry powder for a while, I can definitely say I like it much better. I've used it to set makeup and sometimes just on my bare face to control oil, and I must say it looks beautiful both ways. It almost gives you that soft focus/blurred effect on the skin. I haven't noticed any extra hydration from using this, but my skin does feel like velvet when I have this on and doesn't look dry at all. I haven't broken out from it, that is a huge plus for me since acne is a concern of mine.

The big downside is the packaging. It's just so badly designed and cheap-looking for a product this expensive. The product flies everywhere when you open the lid. And yes, it's quite expensive; but you only need the tiniest amount per application so I don't think I'll have to replace it too often. I haven't tried baking with it and I don't intend to. Moreover, I've read reviews that this can cause really bad flashbacks in photos, though I haven't tested that yet myself. But be warned.

Update: I think I've discovered the *best* way to apply this powder that makes you look like so flawless that you can't stop admiring yourself in a magnifying mirror. You'll need mini blender sponges, I used cheap Ulta ones that come in a 3-pack. I recommend doing this with a mirror, with your face facing a window in natural daylight. I just hold a hand mirror in one hand and stand facing a window because my room barely gets any natural light. Trust me, try it this way first instead trying it under the bathroom lights. After my usual skincare routine, I take my Nars radiant creamy concealer and dot it *only* where I need it. For me this is under my eyes, on my cheeks and around my nose. Then I use one mini blender sponge and thoroughly press the concealer into my skin making sure there are no harsh edges and nothing settles into my fine lines. I'm sure this will work if you use foundation as well. But these mini sponges are like magic and I have no idea why I was using my big beauty blender for everything when these little sponges give you precise coverage where you need it. And now for the best part, take a fresh dry mini sponge and lightly dip the edge into the Hydra Powder. It'll probably pick up more than you need, so just tap the excess back into the container. Now lightly press it under your eyes, over your lids and inner corners. This is *not* baking, you're using such a minuscule amount that everything just melts into the skin. If you were looking at yourself in natural daylight, I guarantee you'll see an immediate transformation. Your under eyes will look blurred, bright and oh-so-smooth. Your undereye hollows won't look as hollow. It's like photoshop in real life. You can of course do the same on the rest of your face wherever you wish to look matte. I like using it on the center of my forehead, on my cheeks, around my nose, on my smile lines and my chin. This is my HG now. Try it!

on 8/6/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This my friends, is the BEST powder I have EVER used.

This is an amazing product. Its virtually undetectable on the skin, which is a must for us over the age of...ehem... 30. It truly is completely transparent. I have used this in various ways; over foundation, over bb/cc/tinted moisturizers, and over moisturizer and/or sunscreen only - no matter what, it leaves the skin looking incredible and flawless! I really do enjoy use without foundation for down days, to reap the benefits of the HA formulation. I have no idea what voodoo magic has been performed here, but I'm fully ok with such sorcery.

I have tried a ton of powders in my life, many of which I considered HD's at one time (or age). Nothing bats this though, hands down. Is it expensive at $60? Yes, BUT, it will last eons. I find between performance and how long it takes to use it up, the price is well worth it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite mattifying powder and in the same time a moisturizing powder that softens my face and erases any fine lines in an instant. I use it before I put on my Pür minerals powder foundation and bronzer and then after to set the make up. I work in an office with drying air so I use it throughout the day to mattify and moisturize my face. Works like magic!