By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

I've had the same jar of powder for 5+ years, and it's not even half gone. It is perfectly translucent, not too dry looking, and makes my makeup stay put. It's especially great for setting eye makeup. I go over my whole eye area with this powder and a fluffy eye shadow brush, and never get any creases, but I'd also attribute the lack of creases to the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Color Fix Cream shadow stick that is hands-down the holiest holy grail eye shadow base ever formulated.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I'm nc45 in MAC and golden in Bobbi Brown foundation. I was scared that this powder would leave a white cast on my skin due to my skintone. Ummm....no worries as that was not the case for me. I received it today and out of excitement I decided to use it even though I applied my makeup hours ago. I only poked in about 5 holes instead of completely pulling back the seal. And then I deposited a little product inside the lid. Using my Cargo magic brush (a dense super soft synthetic) I swirled the brush in the lid to pick up product. Oh wow. I saw my enlarged pores disappear before my eyes. Not only that my skin didnt take on the look of being dry and lifeless. A soft matte finish. I live in humid Florida so we'll see how it plays while out and about but my from what I see thus far I absolutely love it.
If you purchase this pricey powder I highly advise that you only poke in 5 holes max with a needle as you only need just smidgen of product and I have a feeling that if the plastic seal is completely removed it will become a mess upon opening. Worthy buy.

on 4/10/2013 1:42:00 PM

I really like this powder! I've found that I get best results if I use it sparingly - and apply it, as recommended, with a foundation brush.

When first applied it does give the skin a chalky finish but this soon disappears and the skin is soon left silky soft and looking amazing.

(When I'm making an extra effort with my make-up I apply a light dusting of this powder, let it sink in, buff it lightly with a Mac 187 - and then apply a little more).

I've found the staying power to be excellent as I no longer need to powder my T-zone during the day.

The packaging could be better (if I'm travelling too much powder comes to the surface - irritating!) and it is pricey but other than that I'm a convert!