By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

4.3

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

on 5/18/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This outrageously expensive powder is just. so. good. I bought it on a splurge-y whim and almost immediately had buyer's remorse because who in their right mind pays USD$60 for powder? Well, apparently I do and I'm glad I did—the remorse ended the moment I dusted some of this magic onto my skin, and then HOLY MOLY, I was a convert.

My skin is decent but also dry and mature. Powder can be tricky for me, but this stuff imparts the most beautiful velvety finish, never settles into my lines, never dries me out, and keeps my skin looking fresh and soft and lovely all day. Given these results, the pricetag no longer seems cruel. My only gripe is about the container, which is kind of crappy—but I'll live with it, because the product itself is the bomb.

This powder is beautiful not only applied (lightly!) over foundation, but also dusted directly onto bare skin on foundation-free days. Ultimately, no matter how I use it, it makes my skin look gorgeous. I'd definitely repurchase but don't anticipate having to do so for a very long time—a little goes a looooong way.

on 12/29/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

As a faithful RCMA no color powder wearer, I was intrigued when I came across this product. A powder which doesn't make you look powdery and actually hydrates your skin? I had to try it. The RCMA powder is pretty good, to be honest. But you do have to use it sparingly or you run the risk of the dreaded overpowdered look. Now that I've been using the By Terry powder for a while, I can definitely say I like it much better. I've used it to set makeup and sometimes just on my bare face to control oil, and I must say it looks beautiful both ways. It almost gives you that soft focus/blurred effect on the skin. I haven't noticed any extra hydration from using this, but my skin does feel like velvet when I have this on and doesn't look dry at all. I haven't broken out from it, that is a huge plus for me since acne is a concern of mine.

The big downside is the packaging. It's just so badly designed and cheap-looking for a product this expensive. The product flies everywhere when you open the lid. And yes, it's quite expensive; but you only need the tiniest amount per application so I don't think I'll have to replace it too often. I haven't tried baking with it and I don't intend to. Moreover, I've read reviews that this can cause really bad flashbacks in photos, though I haven't tested that yet myself. But be warned.

Update: I think I've discovered the *best* way to apply this powder that makes you look like so flawless that you can't stop admiring yourself in a magnifying mirror. You'll need mini blender sponges, I used cheap Ulta ones that come in a 3-pack. I recommend doing this with a mirror, with your face facing a window in natural daylight. I just hold a hand mirror in one hand and stand facing a window because my room barely gets any natural light. Trust me, try it this way first instead trying it under the bathroom lights. After my usual skincare routine, I take my Nars radiant creamy concealer and dot it *only* where I need it. For me this is under my eyes, on my cheeks and around my nose. Then I use one mini blender sponge and thoroughly press the concealer into my skin making sure there are no harsh edges and nothing settles into my fine lines. I'm sure this will work if you use foundation as well. But these mini sponges are like magic and I have no idea why I was using my big beauty blender for everything when these little sponges give you precise coverage where you need it. And now for the best part, take a fresh dry mini sponge and lightly dip the edge into the Hydra Powder. It'll probably pick up more than you need, so just tap the excess back into the container. Now lightly press it under your eyes, over your lids and inner corners. This is *not* baking, you're using such a minuscule amount that everything just melts into the skin. If you were looking at yourself in natural daylight, I guarantee you'll see an immediate transformation. Your under eyes will look blurred, bright and oh-so-smooth. Your undereye hollows won't look as hollow. It's like photoshop in real life. You can of course do the same on the rest of your face wherever you wish to look matte. I like using it on the center of my forehead, on my cheeks, around my nose, on my smile lines and my chin. This is my HG now. Try it!

on 12/2/2017 2:52:00 AM

I'm 27 with fine lines and a deeper line on my forehead which makeup always settles into. I also have acne and find that makeup wears off and the redness shows throughout the day.

This powder is beautiful, the finish is matt, silky smooth skin and whatever foundation I use now, it does not settle in my lines when I set with this powder.

A little goes a very long way and I've still over half the pot left having used it in n a daily basis for the past 3 months. I have also noticed my makeup stays put much better with this powder, I rarely need to touch up around my nose throughout the day (unless I've had a cold!).

I would hand on heart recommend this to anybody.

on 8/14/2017 3:05:00 AM

OMG this is fantastic powder! It is worth every penny! Makes every foundation better than it is ! Keep your make up all day and makes your skin incredible smooth and natural glowy. I will use it for a years because you need very liitle to put on your face.
great great great

on 8/6/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This my friends, is the BEST powder I have EVER used.

This is an amazing product. Its virtually undetectable on the skin, which is a must for us over the age of...ehem... 30. It truly is completely transparent. I have used this in various ways; over foundation, over bb/cc/tinted moisturizers, and over moisturizer and/or sunscreen only - no matter what, it leaves the skin looking incredible and flawless! I really do enjoy use without foundation for down days, to reap the benefits of the HA formulation. I have no idea what voodoo magic has been performed here, but I'm fully ok with such sorcery.

I have tried a ton of powders in my life, many of which I considered HD's at one time (or age). Nothing bats this though, hands down. Is it expensive at $60? Yes, BUT, it will last eons. I find between performance and how long it takes to use it up, the price is well worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Okay, so. I've had this powder sitting in my make-up bag for about four months and today I decided to use it and I am in love!! My MAC foundation was transformed into a beautiful, velvety smooth finish. And if this wasn't enough reason to be thrilled, it also made my skin look soft and flawless in pictures. This is a beautiful product and my new favorite thing!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite mattifying powder and in the same time a moisturizing powder that softens my face and erases any fine lines in an instant. I use it before I put on my Pür minerals powder foundation and bronzer and then after to set the make up. I work in an office with drying air so I use it throughout the day to mattify and moisturize my face. Works like magic!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So I've had it for a month now and I've used it enough to finally be able to write a review. I got it 25% off at Sephora France and paid 34 €. Great deal. I'm very much satisfied. It is perfectly mattifying, very very lightweight. I use it on the T zone and over my under eye concealer and it locks the concealer in all day. Even my worst concealers stay put. It says on the package that you can use it during the day over make up and at night over skincare. I've been using it over my night cream, I haven't noticed a difference yet but it has hyaluraunic acid in it so it must be doing something good. I also have a line on my forehead that disappears when I put a little powder over it.
I hope this helps. I recommend it.

I've had the same jar of powder for 5+ years, and it's not even half gone. It is perfectly translucent, not too dry looking, and makes my makeup stay put. It's especially great for setting eye makeup. I go over my whole eye area with this powder and a fluffy eye shadow brush, and never get any creases, but I'd also attribute the lack of creases to the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Color Fix Cream shadow stick that is hands-down the holiest holy grail eye shadow base ever formulated.

on 3/3/2016 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this powder. Not cakey at all. Although white it blends in beautifully. Just be mindful that since it's a loose powder there is some fly always so your top may get some on there. Highly recommend.