By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

4.3

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This looked dry and aged my under eye area so I didn’t like it and feel the hyluronic thing is a gimmick here. It also looks really white under the eye so you can’t use this for baking under the eye

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was super hopeful after reading reviews on this product. This did not work for me. It looked just like any other powder that I ever use. By the end of the day, this had settled into every fine line and pore on my face. My current fave powder is Too Faced Peach Perfect Powder.

on 9/23/2017 8:17:00 AM

I hate to be the dissenter here, but for me this powder was just okay. The packaging is terrible (this powder goes everywhere) and the price is outrageous. The product itself is just VERY finally milled powder. I understand it has a teeny amount of hyaluronic acid added, but don't think that justifies the price tag (I believe I paid $60 for this).

This is the first day I wear this (just came in via post) - not impressed. This is supposed to be one of those revolutionary products - I just think it went wrong. On application it gives you a white, pasty (matte) coverage - the powder sinks into every little crevice and imperfection. I patiently waited for a miracle to occur, and a gorgeous princess to stare back at me from the mirror.. no princess so far. The powder itself is awesome.. if you can imagine a silky, almost creamy white powder that will cloud around you as you apply (do it before getting dressed), that is what it is like. Compared to LaMer loose powder this one is a joke!

Update July 2013 - I think I get the hang of this now.. after reading blogs online I now use it in two ways: I apply moisturizer, let it sink in and brush (or press with fingers) this powder before foundation.. wait a few minutes before applying foundation. This gives you more hold and a polished look. The other way is to use it to set your makeup: I simply press it on with fingers.. in areas where I would like to cover pores.. (I avoid the under eye area) and it adapts to your skintone.

In all, after having it for 6 months, I would not repurchase. Not that the powder itself isnt good (and powders last so the investment isnt lost) but there are other options that deliver and are more affordable.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the best silica powders I have used so far. It is micro-fine particles and the powder flies everywhere when you open the container. It is easy to use. I apply it before foundation with the Real Techniques stippling brush. And then I might apply it on top of foundation to set it. This does not control oil and for some reason, causes my skin to break out. I really like the soft focus look this gives my aging skin. It will leave a whitish cast to the skin though. It effectively minimizes my large pores and fine lines. I do think it is a great product, really pricey and if it did not cause breakouts, I would keep using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to specifically set my under eye concealer and felt like it actually "burned" the sensative under-eye area. So, I decided to forego the under-eye and just try the face. I have normal aging skin. I always apply moisturizer, mineral sun screen, primer and liquid foundation topped by this stuff. Bu the end of the day my cheeks were red, irritated and dry. Plus the stuff just flys everywhere! When you swirl and tap the excess becomes airborne. Too expensive to waste this way. I returned it!

on 6/10/2018 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product. It blurs and it stays and looks amazing all on my matured skin which is the ultimate exercise field for a setting powder. The transparency is the extra inch or extra plus point in comparison to the it cosmetics bye bye pores which is yellow.

I really love this powder for setting my face and especially the concealer under my eyes. It is very fine and not drying, and it won't look cakey or unnatural. However, I tried using it for baking the area under my eyes once and then I went out for a drink. The morning after when I looked at some flash photos from the night before, I was horrified to see that it looked like I had applied a thick layer of baking powder under my eyes. I would definitely recommend using a small amount of this with a puffy brush to set the face or illuminate certain areas, and then use another powder on top if you want to bake.

Bottom line:
Yes! This is an amazing powder to set makeup if you apply a small amount. You don't need much and it doesn't look cakey even in daylight.

No! Do not use a large amount to set the area under your eyes if you are going out at night and there is a risk of someone taking a photo of you.

PS: I checked the box that said I would repurchase this if I ran out simply because considering the small amount that is needed to set your face, I'm pretty sure I will never ever run out of product. I've had it for over a year, used it on and off, and it still looks full.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Ok, so, I'm 51 with fairly good skin, no wrinkles thanks to a lifetime habit of not sun bathing but a little redness and a few larger pores around the nose. This is the only powder that doesn't dry me out when in an office or somewhere with AC or heating. I use it under my foundation but over moisturiser and SPF. It makes whatever foundation I'm using stay on for hours and I don't need to powder over the top (although it works as well as a setting powder). It blurs everything and I will purchase again despite the criminal £45 price tag. I've taken off the lippie for the cost and packaging as its so fine that it puffs out like smoke when you use it. Great stuff though and, I think, worth every penny.

on 10/13/2014 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love how this powder sits on my skin. A little goes a long with this product, so I would apply sparingly as alight dust over the face and then go back over places that need a little more mattifying. I like to really press this powder into my skin with a brush ensuring it sets my makeup.

I absolutely hate when powder sets into fine lines and find that this product doesn't do that. It has helped keep my skin hydrated and really complements my foundation (I use Chantecaille Future Skin).

I do find I need a bit of a touch up during the day, but I tend to get an oily t-zone regardless and will look to use a mattifying gel on my t-zone to help with this. But I do love the finish of this powder on my skin, I find it helps to reduce the appearance of pores for a little while. I bought this mainly for the hydrating properties and have felt it has delivered on that front whilst remaining lightweight.

It is a luxurious purchase that will last. I wouldn't want to be carrying this around in a handbag as opening the jar would be an expensive disaster! The packaging could be a little more travel friendly.