By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

4.4

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

on 9/23/2017 8:17:00 AM

I hate to be the dissenter here, but for me this powder was just okay. The packaging is terrible (this powder goes everywhere) and the price is outrageous. The product itself is just VERY finally milled powder. I understand it has a teeny amount of hyaluronic acid added, but don't think that justifies the price tag (I believe I paid $60 for this).

This is the first day I wear this (just came in via post) - not impressed. This is supposed to be one of those revolutionary products - I just think it went wrong. On application it gives you a white, pasty (matte) coverage - the powder sinks into every little crevice and imperfection. I patiently waited for a miracle to occur, and a gorgeous princess to stare back at me from the mirror.. no princess so far. The powder itself is awesome.. if you can imagine a silky, almost creamy white powder that will cloud around you as you apply (do it before getting dressed), that is what it is like. Compared to LaMer loose powder this one is a joke!

Update July 2013 - I think I get the hang of this now.. after reading blogs online I now use it in two ways: I apply moisturizer, let it sink in and brush (or press with fingers) this powder before foundation.. wait a few minutes before applying foundation. This gives you more hold and a polished look. The other way is to use it to set your makeup: I simply press it on with fingers.. in areas where I would like to cover pores.. (I avoid the under eye area) and it adapts to your skintone.

In all, after having it for 6 months, I would not repurchase. Not that the powder itself isnt good (and powders last so the investment isnt lost) but there are other options that deliver and are more affordable.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is one of the best silica powders I have used so far. It is micro-fine particles and the powder flies everywhere when you open the container. It is easy to use. I apply it before foundation with the Real Techniques stippling brush. And then I might apply it on top of foundation to set it. This does not control oil and for some reason, causes my skin to break out. I really like the soft focus look this gives my aging skin. It will leave a whitish cast to the skin though. It effectively minimizes my large pores and fine lines. I do think it is a great product, really pricey and if it did not cause breakouts, I would keep using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this to specifically set my under eye concealer and felt like it actually "burned" the sensative under-eye area. So, I decided to forego the under-eye and just try the face. I have normal aging skin. I always apply moisturizer, mineral sun screen, primer and liquid foundation topped by this stuff. Bu the end of the day my cheeks were red, irritated and dry. Plus the stuff just flys everywhere! When you swirl and tap the excess becomes airborne. Too expensive to waste this way. I returned it!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Ok, so, I'm 51 with fairly good skin, no wrinkles thanks to a lifetime habit of not sun bathing but a little redness and a few larger pores around the nose. This is the only powder that doesn't dry me out when in an office or somewhere with AC or heating. I use it under my foundation but over moisturiser and SPF. It makes whatever foundation I'm using stay on for hours and I don't need to powder over the top (although it works as well as a setting powder). It blurs everything and I will purchase again despite the criminal £45 price tag. I've taken off the lippie for the cost and packaging as its so fine that it puffs out like smoke when you use it. Great stuff though and, I think, worth every penny.

on 10/13/2014 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love how this powder sits on my skin. A little goes a long with this product, so I would apply sparingly as alight dust over the face and then go back over places that need a little more mattifying. I like to really press this powder into my skin with a brush ensuring it sets my makeup.

I absolutely hate when powder sets into fine lines and find that this product doesn't do that. It has helped keep my skin hydrated and really complements my foundation (I use Chantecaille Future Skin).

I do find I need a bit of a touch up during the day, but I tend to get an oily t-zone regardless and will look to use a mattifying gel on my t-zone to help with this. But I do love the finish of this powder on my skin, I find it helps to reduce the appearance of pores for a little while. I bought this mainly for the hydrating properties and have felt it has delivered on that front whilst remaining lightweight.

It is a luxurious purchase that will last. I wouldn't want to be carrying this around in a handbag as opening the jar would be an expensive disaster! The packaging could be a little more travel friendly.

on 4/30/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

With my oily, acne-prone skin, this powder is the only one I have ever found that doesn't make me break out, looks natural and really does mattify (albeit not for a particularly huge length of time).

By itself, without foundation or concealer, it does make my complexion look 'airbrushed' and basically poreless (pretty difficult to do). It's very fine, non-scented and definitely something I will buy again once I run out; it's fast become one of my daily essentials.

I would recommend applying this with a foundation, as opposed to a 'powder', brush as this product seems to work better with a denser application and it is so 'invisible' that you can put a lot on and not look overly caked-up in make-up.

However, the packaging is atrocious - don't think about even trying to move it around (let along put it in your handbag) as most of the powder ends up in the lid and gets all over the place. This is by far the main thing I think ByTerry should focus on improving.

At 42 it is also fairly pricey, but I bought mine about 6 months ago, use it every day and I reckon I have about another year's worth of usage out of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is an extremely fine and light weight powder. It's basically fairy dust without any shimmer. I use it as a shine eliminator / finishing powder and get compliments on my skin when wearing it (doesn't happen normally so I know it's this). It is pricey and the packaging basic and poorly thought out but I still love it. I keep it in my desk drawer and if I use it after work it lasts all night.

on 12/29/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

As a faithful RCMA no color powder wearer, I was intrigued when I came across this product. A powder which doesn't make you look powdery and actually hydrates your skin? I had to try it. The RCMA powder is pretty good, to be honest. But you do have to use it sparingly or you run the risk of the dreaded overpowdered look. Now that I've been using the By Terry powder for a while, I can definitely say I like it much better. I've used it to set makeup and sometimes just on my bare face to control oil, and I must say it looks beautiful both ways. It almost gives you that soft focus/blurred effect on the skin. I haven't noticed any extra hydration from using this, but my skin does feel like velvet when I have this on and doesn't look dry at all. I haven't broken out from it, that is a huge plus for me since acne is a concern of mine.

The big downside is the packaging. It's just so badly designed and cheap-looking for a product this expensive. The product flies everywhere when you open the lid. And yes, it's quite expensive; but you only need the tiniest amount per application so I don't think I'll have to replace it too often. I haven't tried baking with it and I don't intend to. Moreover, I've read reviews that this can cause really bad flashbacks in photos, though I haven't tested that yet myself. But be warned.

on 12/2/2017 2:52:00 AM

I'm 27 with fine lines and a deeper line on my forehead which makeup always settles into. I also have acne and find that makeup wears off and the redness shows throughout the day.

This powder is beautiful, the finish is matt, silky smooth skin and whatever foundation I use now, it does not settle in my lines when I set with this powder.

A little goes a very long way and I've still over half the pot left having used it in n a daily basis for the past 3 months. I have also noticed my makeup stays put much better with this powder, I rarely need to touch up around my nose throughout the day (unless I've had a cold!).

I would hand on heart recommend this to anybody.