By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder
Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder

4.3

Silica, Sodium Hyaluronate, Talc, Decylene Glycol, Hydrated Silica, Aqua/Water, Methylisothiazolinone. [T0713/A]Silica, Sodum Dehydroacetate, P-anisic acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aqua/Water.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This looked dry and aged my under eye area so I didn’t like it and feel the hyluronic thing is a gimmick here. It also looks really white under the eye so you can’t use this for baking under the eye.
That said, I don’t know why I thought I could use it for that and this shouldn’t be called a setting powder because it’s a silica powder. It’s literally just silica and hyluronic acid.
It’s good for smoothing but you can’t set the face with it so it doesn’t help much since you have a layer of other powder under it so hyluronic acid doesn’t ever touch the skin.
It’s also so white. I am super pale and it’s too white for me!

I was disappointed with this. I had such high hopes but stick to Huda beauty powder since it isn’t drying.

on 6/10/2018 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product. It blurs and it stays and looks amazing all on my matured skin which is the ultimate exercise field for a setting powder. The transparency is the extra inch or extra plus point in comparison to the it cosmetics bye bye pores which is yellow.

on 5/18/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This outrageously expensive powder is just. so. good. I bought it on a splurge-y whim and almost immediately had buyer's remorse because who in their right mind pays USD$60 for powder? Well, apparently I do and I'm glad I did—the remorse ended the moment I dusted some of this magic onto my skin, and then HOLY MOLY, I was a convert.

My skin is decent but also dry and mature. Powder can be tricky for me, but this stuff imparts the most beautiful velvety finish, never settles into my lines, never dries me out, and keeps my skin looking fresh and soft and lovely all day. Given these results, the pricetag no longer seems cruel. My only gripe is about the container, which is kind of crappy—but I'll live with it, because the product itself is the bomb.

This powder is beautiful not only applied (lightly!) over foundation, but also dusted directly onto bare skin on foundation-free days. Ultimately, no matter how I use it, it makes my skin look gorgeous. I'd definitely repurchase but don't anticipate having to do so for a very long time—a little goes a looooong way.

I really love this powder for setting my face and especially the concealer under my eyes. It is very fine and not drying, and it won't look cakey or unnatural. However, I tried using it for baking the area under my eyes once and then I went out for a drink. The morning after when I looked at some flash photos from the night before, I was horrified to see that it looked like I had applied a thick layer of baking powder under my eyes. I would definitely recommend using a small amount of this with a puffy brush to set the face or illuminate certain areas, and then use another powder on top if you want to bake.

Bottom line:
Yes! This is an amazing powder to set makeup if you apply a small amount. You don't need much and it doesn't look cakey even in daylight.

No! Do not use a large amount to set the area under your eyes if you are going out at night and there is a risk of someone taking a photo of you.

PS: I checked the box that said I would repurchase this if I ran out simply because considering the small amount that is needed to set your face, I'm pretty sure I will never ever run out of product. I've had it for over a year, used it on and off, and it still looks full.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was super hopeful after reading reviews on this product. This did not work for me. It looked just like any other powder that I ever use. By the end of the day, this had settled into every fine line and pore on my face. My current fave powder is Too Faced Peach Perfect Powder.

on 12/29/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

As a faithful RCMA no color powder wearer, I was intrigued when I came across this product. A powder which doesn't make you look powdery and actually hydrates your skin? I had to try it. The RCMA powder is pretty good, to be honest. But you do have to use it sparingly or you run the risk of the dreaded overpowdered look. Now that I've been using the By Terry powder for a while, I can definitely say I like it much better. I've used it to set makeup and sometimes just on my bare face to control oil, and I must say it looks beautiful both ways. It almost gives you that soft focus/blurred effect on the skin. I haven't noticed any extra hydration from using this, but my skin does feel like velvet when I have this on and doesn't look dry at all. I haven't broken out from it, that is a huge plus for me since acne is a concern of mine.

The big downside is the packaging. It's just so badly designed and cheap-looking for a product this expensive. The product flies everywhere when you open the lid. And yes, it's quite expensive; but you only need the tiniest amount per application so I don't think I'll have to replace it too often. I haven't tried baking with it and I don't intend to. Moreover, I've read reviews that this can cause really bad flashbacks in photos, though I haven't tested that yet myself. But be warned.

Update: I think I've discovered the *best* way to apply this powder that makes you look like so flawless that you can't stop admiring yourself in a magnifying mirror. You'll need mini blender sponges, I used cheap Ulta ones that come in a 3-pack. I recommend doing this with a mirror, with your face facing a window in natural daylight. I just hold a hand mirror in one hand and stand facing a window because my room barely gets any natural light. Trust me, try it this way first instead trying it under the bathroom lights. After my usual skincare routine, I take my Nars radiant creamy concealer and dot it *only* where I need it. For me this is under my eyes, on my cheeks and around my nose. Then I use one mini blender sponge and thoroughly press the concealer into my skin making sure there are no harsh edges and nothing settles into my fine lines. I'm sure this will work if you use foundation as well. But these mini sponges are like magic and I have no idea why I was using my big beauty blender for everything when these little sponges give you precise coverage where you need it. And now for the best part, take a fresh dry mini sponge and lightly dip the edge into the Hydra Powder. It'll probably pick up more than you need, so just tap the excess back into the container. Now lightly press it under your eyes, over your lids and inner corners. This is *not* baking, you're using such a minuscule amount that everything just melts into the skin. If you were looking at yourself in natural daylight, I guarantee you'll see an immediate transformation. Your under eyes will look blurred, bright and oh-so-smooth. Your undereye hollows won't look as hollow. It's like photoshop in real life. You can of course do the same on the rest of your face wherever you wish to look matte. I like using it on the center of my forehead, on my cheeks, around my nose, on my smile lines and my chin. This is my HG now. Try it!

on 12/2/2017 2:52:00 AM

I'm 27 with fine lines and a deeper line on my forehead which makeup always settles into. I also have acne and find that makeup wears off and the redness shows throughout the day.

This powder is beautiful, the finish is matt, silky smooth skin and whatever foundation I use now, it does not settle in my lines when I set with this powder.

A little goes a very long way and I've still over half the pot left having used it in n a daily basis for the past 3 months. I have also noticed my makeup stays put much better with this powder, I rarely need to touch up around my nose throughout the day (unless I've had a cold!).

I would hand on heart recommend this to anybody.

on 9/23/2017 8:17:00 AM

I hate to be the dissenter here, but for me this powder was just okay. The packaging is terrible (this powder goes everywhere) and the price is outrageous. The product itself is just VERY finally milled powder. I understand it has a teeny amount of hyaluronic acid added, but don't think that justifies the price tag (I believe I paid $60 for this).

on 8/14/2017 3:05:00 AM

OMG this is fantastic powder! It is worth every penny! Makes every foundation better than it is ! Keep your make up all day and makes your skin incredible smooth and natural glowy. I will use it for a years because you need very liitle to put on your face.
great great great

on 8/6/2017 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This my friends, is the BEST powder I have EVER used.

This is an amazing product. Its virtually undetectable on the skin, which is a must for us over the age of...ehem... 30. It truly is completely transparent. I have used this in various ways; over foundation, over bb/cc/tinted moisturizers, and over moisturizer and/or sunscreen only - no matter what, it leaves the skin looking incredible and flawless! I really do enjoy use without foundation for down days, to reap the benefits of the HA formulation. I have no idea what voodoo magic has been performed here, but I'm fully ok with such sorcery.

I have tried a ton of powders in my life, many of which I considered HD's at one time (or age). Nothing bats this though, hands down. Is it expensive at $60? Yes, BUT, it will last eons. I find between performance and how long it takes to use it up, the price is well worth it.